Afghanistan vs Sri Lanka
T20 World Cup Super 12 Group 1 Prediction & Tips
Time: 01 Nov, 09:30 AM (IST)
Series: T20 World Cup Super 12 Group 1
Venue: The Gabba – Brisbane, Australia
AFG vs SL Dream11 Prediction:
- 20 year old keeper-batter Rahmanullah Gurbaz has hit five half-centuries in IT20s and the Afghanistan opener is our tip for their highest run scorer against Sri Lanka. With the ball, Rashid Khan has taken 311 international wickets and the spinner is well worth backing as Afghanistan’s top wicket taker in this game.
- Pathum Nissanka has hit 137 runs in the tournament so far and the opener is a strong choice for Sri Lanka’s highest run scorer in this match. Wanindu Hasaranga has taken wickets in five out of six matches in the competition and the spinner is our pick for Sri Lanka’s top wicket taker against Afghanistan.
- We recommend backing Wanindu Hasaranga to take over 1.5 wickets in this clash.
AFG vs SL Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket, Star Network, Fox Sports, ESPN and PTV.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go and Disney+ Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
In spite of rain earlier in the day, the forecast is for dry weather during the scheduled hours of this game. Expect the temperature to be in the low 20s throughout.
This wicket should provide for an excellent contest between bat and ball. There will be plenty of pace on the pitch and we expect a par score of over 175.
With rain expected in the hours before the game, we predict that neither team will want to bat first on a pitch that has been under covers. We expect to see both skippers choosing to field first.
Team Form in the Last Five Matches:
NR, NR, L, L, L
❌ ❌ ❌❌❌
L, L, W, W, W
AFG vs SL TEAM NEWS:
AFG Team News:
After successive games have been abandoned without a ball bowled, Afghanistan have not played in this competition since October 22nd. Although the wicket will be conducive to pace bowling, the Afghanistan spinners will also cause problems in this match.
SL Team News:
There was one change for Sri Lanka ahead of their defeat to New Zealand with the injured Binura Fernando replaced with Kasun Rajitha. With plenty of injuries across their squad, there are not many options left to make further changes to the XI.
AFG vs SL Pre-Toss LineUps:
AFG vs SL Team Updates:
AFG Team Updates
- Afghanistan lost to England and then had two games washed out due to rain.
- Afghanistan have been unlucky to say the least as they had two games washed out due to rain.
- They are expected to play the same eleven against Sri Lanka as they have not really tested their side so far due to the washed out games.
- Hazratullah Zazai and Rahmanullah Gurbaz will probably open the inning.
- Ibrahim Zadran will bat at the one-down position.
- Usman Ghani and Najibullah-Zadran will handle the middle-order batting.
- Mohammad Nabi will lead the Afghanistan as a Captain. He is also a good Alrounder
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz will do the Wicket Keeping for Afghanistan.
- Mohammad Nabi and Mujeeb-ur-Rahman will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Fazal Haq and Fareed Malik will lead the pace attack of his team.
SL Team Updates
- Sri Lanka, on the other hand, after defeating Ireland, lost by a big margin against Australia. They did not have a good outing against New Zealand either as they lost by a margin of 65 runs. Thus, winning this encounter is a must for both the teams.
- Sri Lanka have been in some really bad touch and they would want to get a victory in order to keep themselves alive.
- Kusal Mendis and Pathum Nissanka will probably open the inning.
- Dhananjaya de Silva will bat at the one-down position.
- Charith Asalanka and Bhanuka Rajapaksa will handle the middle-order batting.
- Dasun Shanaka will lead the Sri Lanka as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Kusal Mendis will do the Wicket Keeping for Sri Lanka.
- Wanindu Hasaranga and Maheesh Theekshana will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Wanindu Hasaranga is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Lahiru Kumara and Kasun Rajitha will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Kasun Rajitha was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
Although Afghanistan and Sri Lanka are in sixth and fifth place in Group 1, they are both only one point behind the three teams in second, third and fourth. We are predicting an entertaining clash in Brisbane and are backing Sri Lanka to win this match.
Sri Lanka are favorites to beat Afghanistan at the odds.
AFG Key Players:
The right handed opener has a top score of 87 in this format. He hit 84 against Sri Lanka at the start of September.
Mujeeb ur Rahman
The 21 year old off-spinner has taken 46 IT20 wickets at an average of 16.69. He dismissed Dawid Malan in the defeat to England.
The leg-spinner averages 14.23 with the ball in this format and has a strike-rate of 13.7. His best figures in IT20s are 5-3.
SL Key Players:
The right handed opener made a five ball duck in Sydney on Saturday but we expect him to enjoy the more batter friendly conditions in Brisbane.
The 22 year old off-spinner has picked up at least one wicket in every game of this tournament. He dismissed Finn Allen in the first over against New Zealand.
With 10 wickets from his six appearances in the 2022 T20 World Cup, Hasaranga is the leading wicket taker in the T20 World Cup 2022.
AFG vs SL Team Forms:
AFG Team Form:
Afghanistan have lost their last four completed IT20s with their last win coming against Bangladesh in August.
SL Team Form:
Sri Lanka’s seven wicket defeat against Australia ended a run of three successive wins in this format.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Hazratullah Zazai, Rahmanullah Gurbaz(WK), Ibrahim Zadran, Usman Ghani, Najibullah-Zadran, Mohammad Nabi(C), Azmatullah Omarzai, Rashid-Khan, Mujeeb-ur-Rahman, Fazal Haq, Fareed Malik, Sharafuddin Ashraf, Qais Ahmad, Saleem Safi, Afsar Zazai(WK), Rahmat Shah, Darwish Rasooli, Gulbadin Naib, Naveen-ul-Haq
Kusal Mendis(WK), Pathum Nissanka, Dhananjaya de Silva, Charith Asalanka, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dasun Shanaka(C), Wanindu Hasaranga, Chamika Karunaratne, Maheesh Theekshana, Kasun Rajitha, Lahiru Kumara, Matheesha Pathirana, Dinesh Chandimal(WK), Pramod Madushan, Ashen Bandara, Niroshan Dickwella(WK), Nuwanidu Fernando, Asitha Fernando, Praveen Jayawickrama, Jeffrey Vandersay