Australia vs Sri Lanka
T20 World Cup Super 12 Group 1 Prediction & Tips
Time: 25 Oct, 04:30 PM (IST)
Series: T20 World Cup Super 12 Group 1
Venue: Perth Stadium – Perth, Australia
AUS vs SL Dream11 Prediction:
- Although he was dismissed for only five runs on Saturday, we are backing David Warner to come good in this clash and to be Australia’s highest run scorer against Sri Lanka. With the ball, Josh Hazlewood took another two wickets in the game against New Zealand and the pace bowler is our tip for Australia’s top wicket-taker on Tuesday.
- Kusal Mendis has hit half-centuries in his last two games and the opener is our pick for Sri Lanka’s highest run scorer in this match. Wanindu Hasaranga has already picked up nine wickets in the tournament and the spinner is a strong choice for Sri Lanka’s top wicket-taker against Australia.
- We recommend backing Josh Hazlewood to take over 1.5 wickets in this match.
AUS vs SL Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket, Star Network, Fox Sports, ESPN and PTV.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go and Disney+ Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Clear skies with the temperature falling from 16 to 14 degrees during the evening. Expect the humidity levels to increase to over 70% before the close of the game.
The pitch in Hobart has been lively throughout the tournament with fast bowlers and spinners causing problems. At the same time, a par score is over 150 and there are always runs available.
Sri Lanka has chosen to bat first after winning the toss on one occasion in this tournament. Australia would prefer to chase so we expect to see Australia in the field irrespective of who wins the toss.
Team Form in the Last Five Matches:
L, N, L, L, W
W, W, W, L, W
AUS vs SL TEAM NEWS:
AUS Team News:
The tournament hosts selected the XI which most pundits predicted for their opening game defeat against New Zealand with Steve Smith, Ashton Agar, Cameron Green and Kane Richardson all left out. There are no new injuries and we predict Australia will be unchanged for this match of T20 World Cup 2022.
SL Team News:
There was one change for Sri Lanka ahead of their big win over Ireland on Saturday afternoon at the Bellerive Oval, Hobart. Opening batter, Pathum Nissanka, was rested with a groin strain and he was replaced by Ashen Bindara. Nissanka is expected to be fit and to return in this game.
AUS vs SL Pre-Toss LineUps:
AUS vs SL Team Updates:
AUS Team Updates
- Australia is coming into this game after facing a loss against New Zealand.
- They conceded 200 and lost by 89 runs. In the batting department, David Warner and Mitchell Marsh will be key, while Josh Hazlewood and Adam Zampa are the potential wicket-takers for Australia.
- Aaron Finch and David Warner will probably open the inning.
- Mitchell Marsh will bat at the one-down position.
- Glenn Maxwell and Marcus Stoinis will handle the middle-order batting.
- Aaron Finch will lead Australia as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Matthew Wade will do the Wicket Keeping for Australia.
- Glenn Maxwell and Adam Zampa will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Josh Hazlewood and Pat Cummins will lead the pace attack of his team.
SL Team Updates
- Sri Lanka, on the other hand, secured a clinical win against Ireland in their last outing.
- The ace spinners Maheesh Theekshana and Wanindu Hasaranga restricted the opposition to 128, and then Kusal Mendis, along with Dhananjaya de Silva and Charith Asalanka sealed the chase with five overs to spare.
- Kusal Mendis and Dhananjaya de Silva will probably open the inning.
- Charith Asalanka will bat at the one-down position.
- Ashen Bandara and Bhanuka Rajapaksa will handle the middle-order batting.
- Dasun Shanaka will lead Sri Lanka as a Captain. He is also a good Alrounder
- Kusal Mendis will do the Wicket-Keeping for Sri Lanka. He was the highest fantasy points, gainer, in the previous match.
- Wanindu Hasaranga and Maheesh Theekshana will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Wanindu Hasaranga is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Lahiru Kumara and Binura Fernando will lead the pace attack of his team.
If this game had been played three months ago then Australia would have had no worries but Sri Lanka have become one of the most dangerous sides in the world during that time. We are predicting a close contest but are backing Australia to get the win.
Australia are favorites to beat Sri Lanka at the odds.
AUS Key Players:
the left-handed opener has hit a century and 24 fifties across 96 IT20s. His top score in this format is 100 not out.
the batting all-rounder top scored for Australia with 28 runs from 20 balls on Saturday. He hit three fours and one six in his highest score from his last 11 IT20 innings.
the right-arm fast medium bowler has had an exceptional 2022 particularly at home in this format. He dismissed Finn Allen and Glenn Phillips against New Zealand.
SL Key Players:
the opener keeper-batter was in great form again in the win over Ireland. He hit 68 not out from 43 balls including three sixes.
the 22 year old off-spinner has taken two wickets in each of the last three games and has seven dismissals across the campaign.
the bowling all-rounder is the leading wicket taker in the competition so far. He dismissed the dangerous Paul Stirling and then picked up two wickets at the end of the innings.
AUS vs SL Team Forms:
AUS Team Form:
Australia has lost three of their last four IT20s with the other game ending in a no-result.
SL Team Form:
Sri Lanka had a surprise defeat to Namibia in their opening game of the tournament but are now targeting their fourth successive win.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
David Warner, Aaron Finch(c), Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, Tim David, Matthew Wade(w), Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Adam Zampa, Josh Hazlewood, Steven Smith, Ashton Agar, Cameron Green, Kane Richardson
Kusal Mendis(w), Dhananjaya de Silva, Charith Asalanka, Ashen Bandara, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dasun Shanaka(c), Wanindu Hasaranga, Chamika Karunaratne, Maheesh Theekshana, Binura Fernando, Lahiru Kumara, Jeffrey Vandersay, Kasun Rajitha, Pramod Madushan, Pathum Nissanka