Australia vs New Zealand Women
ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 11 Feb, 10:30 PM (IST)
Series: ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Match-3
Venue: Boland Park – Paarl, South Africa
AUS-W vs NZ-W Dream11 Prediction:
- Beth Mooney is a fine batter across all formats and finished this season’s WBBL as the top run scorer. She is our tip for Australia Women’s highest run scorer against New Zealand Women. With the ball, Megan Schutt has 114 wickets in WT20Is. We expect her to be Australia Women’s top wicket taker on Saturday evening.
- Suzie Bates has been in excellent form in the Women’s Super Smash back home and she is well worth backing as New Zealand Women’s highest run scorer at Boland Park. All-rounder Amelia Kerr has taken five wickets in two warm-up games and she is our pick for New Zealand Women’s top wicket taker against Australia Women.
- Megan Schutt has been a strong performer in this format for a long time and we recommend backing him to take over 1.5 wickets in this clash
AUS-W vs NZ-W Live Streaming:
TV Channels: This match will be shown live on Star Sports, SuperSport, Sky Sport Cricket, Gazi TV, PTV Sports, Fox Sports and ESPN+.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, SuperSport App and Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Although it will not be as hot as earlier in the day, it will still be over 25 degrees with clear skies throughout Saturday evening in Paarl.
Pace bowlers will enjoy the carry and bounce on this surface. We expect a first innings total of 165 to be enough to win this match.
Both teams are equally comfortable batting or bowling first in this format. We predict that both will want to field first ahead of this game.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
W, W, W, W, W
W, W, W, W, T
AUS-W vs NZ-W TEAM NEWS:
AUS-W Team News:
After winning five of the last six Women’s T20 World Cups, Australia Women have another very strong squad with every player a potential match-winner against the very best opposition. No injury worries have been reported ahead of this game.
NZ-W Team News:
Sophie Devine’s side have never made a Women’s T20 World Cup Final and they are not expected to do so in this year’s tournament. However, they have plenty of talent in their side and look likely to be able to field their first choice XI in this game.
AUS-W vs NZ-W Pre-Toss LineUps:
AUS-W vs NZ-W Team Updates:
AUS-W Team Updates –
- Alyssa Healy and Beth Mooney will probably open the inning.
- Meg Lanning will bat at the one-down position.
- Ellyse Perry and Tahila McGrath will handle the middle-order batting.
- Meg Lanning will lead the Australia Women as a Captain. She is also a good Batsman
- Alyssa Healy will do the Wicket Keeping for Australia Women.
- Ashleigh Gardner and Jess Jonassen will take care of the spin bowling of her team.
- Megan Schutt and Darcie Brown will lead the pace attack of her team.
- Darcie Brown was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match
NZ-W Team Updates –
- Sophie Devine and Suzie Bates will probably open the inning.
- Amelia Kerr will bat at the one-down position.
- Amelia Kerr was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Maddy Green and Lauren Down will handle the middle-order batting.
- Sophie Devine will lead the New Zealand Women as a Captain. She is also a good Allrounder
- Maddy Green will do the Wicket Keeping for New Zealand Women.
- Amelia Kerr will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Jess Kerr and Hannah Rowe will lead the pace attack of her team
No other country comes close to Australia Women in terms of consistency in this format or in terms of titles in the Women’s T20 World Cup. As their closest geographical neighbors, New Zealand Women often raise their game when playing Australia Women but we do not expect this match to be all that close. Our prediction is for Australia Women to get off to a winning start in Paarl.
Australia Women are favorites to beat New Zealand Women
AUS-W Key Players:
Beth Mooney –
the 29 year old keeper-batter has hit two hundreds and 15 half-centuries across her WT20I career. Her top score in this format is 117 not out.
Meg Lanning –
the skipper leads from the front at the top of the order and has scored over 3250 WT20I runs. She averages 36.17 in this format.
Megan Schutt –
the experienced fast medium bowler recorded her best ever WT20I figures of 5-15 against Pakistan Women earlier this year.
NZ-W Key Players:
Suzie Bates –
with experience in the WBBL, Women’s Hundred and the Women’s Super Smash, the opener is a very consistent batter. Australia Women will want to dismiss her early in this match.
Sophie Devine –
the skipper is a valuable contributor with both bat and ball. She will be a key player in this game and has a top score of 105 with 110 wickets in this format.
Amelia Kerr –
the 22 year old leg-spinner has best figures of 3-16 in WT20Is. She took 2-16 in her first WT20I appearance against Australia in Adelaide.
AUS-W vs NZ-W Team Forms:
AUS-W Team Form:
Australia Women dominated Pakistan Women across their recent WT20I series and are in excellent form.
NZ-W Team Form:
New Zealand Women are targeting their fifth successive WT20I victory.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
AUS-W vs NZ-W SQUAD:
Australia Women (AUS-W)):
Alyssa Healy(WK), Beth Mooney(WK), Meg Lanning(C), Ellyse Perry, Tahila McGrath, Ashleigh Gardner, Grace Harris, Annabel Sutherland, Darcie Brown, Jess Jonassen, Megan Schutt, Georgia Wareham, Heather Graham, Kim Garth, Alana King.
New Zealand Women (NZ-W):
Sophie Devine(C), Suzie Bates, Amelia Kerr, Maddy Green(WK), Lauren Down, Brooke Halliday, Lea Tahuhu, Hannah Rowe, Hayley Jensen, Jess Kerr, Eden Carson, Molly Penfold, Bernadine Bezuidenhout(WK), Fran Jonas, Georgia Plimmer