Colombo Stars vs Galle Gladiators
LPL T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 11 Dec, 03:00 PM (IST)
Series: LPL T20 Match
Venue: Pallekele Cricket Stadium – Kandy, Sri Lanka
CS vs GG Dream11 Prediction:
- Niroshan Dickwella often produces excellent innings for Sri Lanka and he looks very comfortable at this level. He is our tip for Colombo Stars’ highest run scorer against Galle Gladiators.
- Dominic Drakes has an excellent record in white ball fixtures in 2022. The West Indian pace bowler is our pick for Colombo Stars’ top wicket taker in this game.
- We expect Wahab Riaz to be back amongst the wickets in this match. He is well worth backing as Galle Gladiators’ top wicket taker against Colombo Stars.
CS vs GG Live Streaming:
CS vs GG match will be live telecast on Fancode.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The weather seems to be on cloudy side however chances of rain to play a spoilsport are not much.
The match will be played at the Pallekele Cricket Stadium, Kandy. A par score will be above 150 on this surface but we expect all types of bowlers to get assistance from the wicket.
CS vs GG TEAM ANALYSIS:
After suffering a heavy defeat in their opening match against Kandy Falcons on Tuesday, Colombo Stars got their first victory of the campaign with a tight nine run win over Dambulla Aura on Thursday. A win in this match could see the Stars move up to the top places in the group stage.
The experienced keeper-batter, Niroshan Dickwella, produced the runs for Colombo Stars in the opening position against Dambulla Aura. He hit 62 runs from 41 balls whilst the rest of the top order failed to get past six runs. AT the other end of the batting order, expect Dominic Drakes to hit some quickfire runs in this match.
One of the strong features in this Colombo Stars team is the amount of bowling they have on offer. In the win in Match 5, they used eight bowlers with Karim Janat, Suranga Lakmal and Dominic Drakes all taking two wickets each. The team always has plenty of wicket taking possibilities.
The Gladiators sit bottom of the 2022 LPL at this stage after picking up zero points from the opening two games. They were beaten by Jaffna Kings by 24 runs in the opening match of the tournament before going down by five wickets to Kandy Falcons on Wednesday.
Although their batting line-up has produced a competitive score in both games, Galle Gladiators are yet to post a really strong total in this competition. They posted 121-8 in the last match with Movin Subasingha top scoring from number six. The likes of Kusal Mendis and Azam Khan will be expected to deliver in this clash.
Nuwan Pradeep took 2-34 against Kandy Falcons but his opening bowling partner Wahab Riaz, went wicketless after taking 2-23 in the opening game. Riaz should enjoy the extra pace in this pitch with Iftikhar Ahmed likely to exploit the additional bounce.
CS vs GG Pre-Toss LineUps:
CS vs GG Team Updates:
CS Team Updates
- Niroshan Dickwella and Angelo Mathews will probably open the inning.
- Niroshan Dickwella is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Charith Asalanka will bat at the one-down position.
- Ravi Bopara and Dinesh Chandimal will handle the middle-order batting.
- Angelo Mathews will lead the Colombo Stars as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Dinesh Chandimal will do the Wicket Keeping for Colombo Stars.
- Jeffrey Vandersay will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Dominic Drakes and Suranga Lakmal will lead the pace attack of his team.
GG Team Updates
- Kusal Mendis and Thanuka Dabare will probably open the inning.
- Azam Khan will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Nuwanidu Fernando and Iftikhar-Ahmed Ahmed will handle the middle-order batting.
- Kusal Mendis will lead the Galle Gladiators as a Captain. He is also a good Wicket-Keeper
- Azam Khan will do the Wicket Keeping for Galle Gladiators.
- Imad Wasim and Pulina Tharanga will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Imad Wasim is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Nuwan Pradeep and Nuwan Thushara will lead the pace attack of his team.
Although Colombo Stars have been far from the best team in the opening exchanges of the tournament, Galle Gladiators have been very disappointing in their first two games. We expect the Gladiators to produce their best performance of the competition so far but our prediction is for a Colombo Stars victory.
Colombo Stars are favorites to beat Galle Gladiators
CS Key Players:
Charith Asalanka 
Naveen-ul-Haq [PTs: 33, CR: 7.5]
Angelo Mathews 
Karim Janat [PTs: 62, CR: 7.5]
Dominic Drakes [0W]
Niroshan Dickwella 
GG Key Players:
Azam Khan 
Kusal Mendis 
Nuwan Thushara [2W]
Iftikhar-Ahmed Ahmed [2W]
Nuwan Pradeep [2W]
Imad Wasim 
CS vs GG Team Forms:
CS Team Form:
Colombo Stars ended a run of three defeats from four games with the win in Hambantota on Thursday.
GG Team Form:
Galle Gladiators need to win this game to avoid their fourth straight defeat in the LPL.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Dambulla Giants (DG):
Jordan Cox(WK), Shavon Daniel, Bhanuka Rajapaksa(WK), Sikandar Raza, Dasun Shanaka(C), Ramesh Mendis, Lahiru Madushanka, Chaturanga de Silva, Lahiru Kumara, Noor Ahmad, Paul van Meekeren, Haider Ali, Chamindu Wickramasinghe, Lasith Croospulle, Kalana Perera, Dilum Sudeera, Tom Abell, Ravindu Suharshana, Dushan Hemantha, Sachitha Jayathilake, Tharindu Ratnayake, Pramod Madushan
Colombo Stars (CS):
Niroshan Dickwella(WK), Angelo Mathews(C), Charith Asalanka, Ravi Bopara, Dinesh Chandimal(WK), Benny Howell, Keemo Paul, Muditha Lakshan, Seekkuge Prasanna, Dominic Drakes, Suranga Lakmal, Dhananjaya Lakshan, Nishan Madushka(WK), Navod Paranavithana, Romario Shepherd, Lakshitha Manasinghe, Chathuranga Kumara, Kevin Koththigoda, Chamod Battage, Karim Janat, Jeffrey Vandersay, Kasun Rajitha, Naveen-ul-Haq