Dambulla Giants vs Colombo Stars
LPL T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 08 Dec, 03:00 PM (IST)
Series: LPL T20 Match
Venue: Mahinda Rajapaksa International Stadium – Hambantota
DG vs CS Dream11 Prediction:
- Although Bhanuka Rajapaksa hit only two boundaries in Wednesday’s game, he will play in an attacking manner again in this match. He is our tip for Dambulla’s highest run scorer against Colombo Stars.
- Angelo Mathews is a very consistent batter across all formats and he is well worth backing as Colombo Stars’ highest run scorer against Dambulla.
- Seekuge Prasanna took 13 wickets in the 2021 LPL and is already up and running in this campaign. He is our pick for Colombo Satra’ top wicket taker in this match.
DG vs CS match will be live telecast on Fancode.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Weather in Hambantota, LK is cloudy. The temperature is expected to around 25°C on the match day with 78% humidity and 4.1 km/h wind speed. There are 50% chances of precipitation during the game.
The match will be played at the Mahinda Rajapaksa International Cricket Stadium. Turn for the spinners and low bounce for the quick bowlers are the main features of this pitch with a par score around 115.
DG vs CS TEAM ANALYSIS:
It was a disappointing start to their 2022 LPL campaign with a heavy defeat to Jaffna Kings on Wednesday afternoon in Hambantota. In spite of four sixes and three fours from opener Jordan Cox, Dambulla’s total of 121-9 was overhauled with 4.2 overs remaining.
Young English keeper-batter Jordan Cox top scored for Dambulla in Match 3 with 43 runs from 22 balls. The opener was in the England white-ball squad ahead of the T20 World Cup and big things are expected of him. Cox and Bhanuka Rajapaksa are the batters who we expect Dambulla to rely upon.
Wednesday’s 15.4 overs in the field will be overs that Dambulla will want to forget after picking up only one wicket – Noor Ahmed dismissing Avishka Fernando to a Jordan Cox stumping. Chaturanga de Silva offered some control but him and Sikandar Raza will both be keen to deliver wickets in this match.
Angelo Mathews’ side were on the receiving end of an Andre Fletcher batting masterclass on Tuesday and they will not need to improve by a great deal to post a better result than the 109 run defeat they suffered to Kandy Falcons. There is plenty of talent in the Colombo side and we expect a considerably better performance in this clash.
Skipper Angelo Mathews hit 26 runs from 23 balls at the top of the order but only West Indians, Dominic Drakes at number eight and Keemo Paul at number nine, also made double figures. The likes of Niroshan Dickwella, Charith Asalanka and Dinesh Chandimal will be keen to deliver on Thursday after posting failures in Match 2.
37 year old leg-spinner Seekkuge Prasanna was the only wicket taker for Colombo Stars against Kandy Falcons and he was one of four bowlers to return economy rates of under 10 runs per over. In this game, Benny Howell (0-34 from three overs) and Keemo Paul (0-26 from two overs) will both be looking to produce better returns.
DG vs CS Pre-Toss LineUps:
DG vs CS Team Updates:
DG Team Updates
- Dambulla Giants finished the last season in the fourth position in te group-stage table with just three wins from eight games.
- They suffered a 23-run defeat against Jaffna Kings in the 2nd Qualifier and face them again in the third match of this season.
- Jordan Cox and Shavon Daniel will probably open the inning.
- Jordan Cox is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Bhanuka Rajapaksa will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Sikandar Raza and Dasun Shanaka will handle the middle-order batting.
- Dasun Shanaka will lead the Dambulla Giants as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Bhanuka Rajapaksa will do the Wicket Keeping for Dambulla Giants.
- Noor Ahmad and Ramesh Mendis will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Paul van Meekeren and Lahiru Kumara will lead the pace attack of his team.
CS Team Updates
- Colombo Stars finished the last season in the third position with four wins from eight group-stage games.
- They started this season with a big 109-run defeat against Kandy Falcons in the opening match.
- Their innings stumbled on just 90 runs while chasing a big 200-run target with captain Angelo Mathews scoring the highest 26 runs off 23 balls.
- Niroshan Dickwella and Angelo Mathews will probably open the inning.
- Angelo Mathews is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Charith Asalanka will bat at the one-down position.
- Ravi Bopara and Dinesh Chandimal will handle the middle-order batting.
- Angelo Mathews will lead the Colombo Stars as a Captain. He was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Dinesh Chandimal will do the Wicket Keeping for Colombo Stars.
- Seekkuge Prasanna will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Dominic Drakes and Muditha Lakshan will lead the pace attack of his team.
After both teams suffered heavy defeats in their opening matches of the tournament, Dambulla and Colombo will both see this fixture as an opportunity to bounce back with a victory. Colombo Stars’ batters have more experience of batting in these conditions and we expect that to be crucial. Our prediction is for Colombo Stars to win.
Colombo Stars are favorites to beat Dambulla Giants
DG Key Players:
Lahiru Kumara [PTs: 5, CR: 8]
Sikandar Raza [PTs: 5, CR: 9]
Dasun Shanaka [PTs: 11, CR: 8]
Bhanuka Rajapaksa [PTs: 24, CR: 8.5]
Noor Ahmad [PTs: 31, CR: 7]
Jordan Cox [PTs: 80, CR: 7.5]
CS Key Players:
Benny Howell [PTs: -2, CR: 8.5]
Charith Asalanka [PTs: 5, CR: 8]
Dinesh Chandimal [PTs: 14, CR: 7]
Niroshan Dickwella [PTs: 18, CR: 8.5]
Seekkuge Prasanna [PTs: 27, CR: 8]
Angelo Mathews [PTs: 32, CR: 8.5]
DG vs CS Team Forms:
DG Team Form:
Dambulla Giants have won only one of their last five LPL matches.
CS Team Form:
Colombo Stars have won two of their last five matches but have also lost three of their last four.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Dambulla Giants (DG):
Jordan Cox(WK), Shavon Daniel, Bhanuka Rajapaksa(WK), Sikandar Raza, Dasun Shanaka(C), Ramesh Mendis, Lahiru Madushanka, Chaturanga de Silva, Lahiru Kumara, Noor Ahmad, Paul van Meekeren, Haider Ali, Chamindu Wickramasinghe, Lasith Croospulle, Kalana Perera, Dilum Sudeera, Tom Abell, Ravindu Suharshana, Dushan Hemantha, Sachitha Jayathilake, Tharindu Ratnayake, Pramod Madushan
Colombo Stars (CS):
Niroshan Dickwella(WK), Angelo Mathews(C), Charith Asalanka, Ravi Bopara, Dinesh Chandimal(WK), Benny Howell, Keemo Paul, Muditha Lakshan, Seekkuge Prasanna, Dominic Drakes, Suranga Lakmal, Dhananjaya Lakshan, Nishan Madushka(WK), Navod Paranavithana, Romario Shepherd, Lakshitha Manasinghe, Chathuranga Kumara, Kevin Koththigoda, Chamod Battage, Karim Janat, Jeffrey Vandersay, Kasun Rajitha, Naveen-ul-Haq