ENG vs IND Dream11 Prediction for 5th Test Match
Match: ENG vs IND T20i Match Prediction
Time: 01 June, 03:00 PM (IST)
Series: 5th Test Match
Venue: Edgbaston Cricket Ground – Edgbaston
ENG vs IND Info:
- Joe Root scored 86 not out for England in their successful run chase at Headingley last week. The former England captain has been in fantastic form for the last 18 months and is our pick for England’s highest run scorer in this Test. With the ball, Jimmy Anderson will return to the side and England’s all time wicket taker is a strong choice for their top wicket taker at Edgbaston.
- Former captain Virat Kohli has scored 27 Test centuries and we expect him to be India’s highest run scorer against England. Jasprit Bumrah took his 100th Test wicket in the fourth game of this series last summer at The Oval. England batters struggle against him and he is our tip for India’s top wicket taker in this match.
- With a batting average back above 50, Joe Root is in the form of his life. He is our prediction for the Player of The Match Award.
ENG vs IND Live Streaming:
TV channels: This match will be shown live on Sony Six in India.
Live Streaming: Fans can watch this Test live on Sony Liv & FanCode.
Weather & Pitch Report:
There is a slight threat of rain over the first three days of the Test but we expect minimal disruption to play. Expect temperatures of no higher than 19 degrees.
Only five of 32 wickets that fell during the 2021 Test were taken by spin bowlers. Although this will be a fine batting wicket with a par score of 400, we expect pace bowlers to always be in the game.
The last four Test Matches at Edgbaston have seen the toss winning captain choose to bat first. We predict that both Ben Stokes and Rohit Sharma will want to bat first in this Test.
W, W, L, L, W
✅ ✅ ❌ ❌ ✅
W, W, W, L, D
✅ ✅ ✅ ❌ ❌
ENG vs IND Team News:
ENG Team News:
Jamie Overton made his England Test debut at Headingley and scored 97 in the first innings. Primarily picked as a bowler, he took a wicket in each innings but we expect him to be replaced by the returning Jimmy Anderson. Ben Foakes has recovered from illness and should take his place as wicket-keeper in the XI.
IND Team News:
Preparations for this Test have been interrupted due to injuries and illness but there is no doubt that India will take to the field with a very strong Test XI. KL Rahul, who had been in excellent form across all formats, will be missed at the top of the order and we expect to see Shubman Gill take his place.
ENG vs IND Pre-Toss LineUps:
Small League Team: Pre-Toss
Who will win today’s match: ENG vs IND 5th Test Match
If this game had taken place, as scheduled, in September 2021, India would have been favourites after inflicting a 157 run defeat over England at the Oval in the previous match. However, England are a different side now and play in a very different and effective style. We are backing the home side to win this Test.
England are favorites to beat India at the odds.
ENG Key Players:
The England number four batter made only 5 runs in the first innings but bounced back in the second innings. He has scored 27 Test centuries and is top of the Test rankings.
The middle order batter hit his second successive Test century last Friday. His last three innings in this format are 136, 162 and 71 not-out.
The 39 year old swing bowler has 651 Test wickets and will be refreshed after sitting out the Test in Leeds last week. He will relish resuming his battle with Virat Kohli.
IND Key Players:
The 33 year old has not been in the best Test form over recent games but is still one of the most feared batters in world cricket. He averages 49.95 in Test cricket.
The right arm fast bowler was in good form in the warm-up fixture against a Leicestershire XI in June. He returned figures of 3-42 in the first innings in that game.
The pace bowler is now vice-captain of the team and is a threat on any surface. With overhead conditions potentially aiding him, he could be a real danger to England once again.
ENG vs IND Team Info:
ENG Team Info:
- With a 3-0 series win against New Zealand, Ben Stokes and Co will be looking to continue their impressive run in the coming days.
- A win against India will be a perfect platform for England to showcase why they can’t be underestimated.
- Alex Lees and Zak Crawley will probably open the inning.
- Ollie Pope will bat at the one-down position.
- Joe Root and Jonny Bairstow will handle the middle-order batting.
- Ben Stokes will lead the England as a Captain. He is also a good Alrounder
- Sam Billings will do the Wicket Keeping for England.
- Joe Root and Jack Leach will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- James Anderson and Stuart Broad will lead the pace attack of his team.
IND Team Updates:
- The Indian team are leading the series 2-1 and would look to deliver a great performance in this game to taste success in first red-ball series in England after 2007
- A year after losing the World Test Championship (WTC) final, India is on the hunt for yet another final spot.
- Currently sitting third in WTC standings, they can challenge South Africa in the second spot while the Aussies are far at the moment.
- Mayank Agarwal and Shubman Gill will probably open the inning.
- Cheteshwar Pujara will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Virat Kohli and Rishabh Pant will handle the middle-order batting.
- Jasprit Bumrah will lead the India as a Captain. /li>
- Rishabh Pant will do the Wicket Keeping for India.
- Ravindra Jadeja will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Jasprit Bumrah and Mohammed Shami will lead the pace attack of his team.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
Alex Lees, Zak Crawley, Ollie Pope, Joe Root, Jonny Bairstow(WK), Ben Stokes(C), Sam Billings(WK), Stuart Broad, Matthew Potts, Jack Leach, James Anderson, Ben Foakes(WK), Harry Brook, Craig Overton, Jamie Overton.
Mayank Agarwal, Shubman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli, Rishabh Pant(WK), Hanuma Vihari, Ravindra Jadeja, Shardul Thakur, Mohammed Shami, Mohammed Siraj, Jasprit Bumrah(C), Umesh Yadav, Rohit Sharma, Prasidh Krishna, Shreyas Iyer, Kona Srikar-Bharat(WK), Ravichandran Ashwin