England vs New Zealand
T20 World Cup Super 12 Group 1 Prediction & Tips
Time: 01 Nov, 01:30 PM (IST)
Series: T20 World Cup Super 12 Group 1
Venue: The Gabba – Brisbane, Australia
ENG vs NZ Dream11 Prediction:
- Captain Jos Buttler is one of the most feared batters in the world in this format and he is our tip for England’s highest run scorer in this game. With the ball, Mark Wood has taken five wickets at an average of 11.40 in the tournament and the pace bowler is a strong choice for England’s top wicket taker against New Zealand.
- Devon Conway has hit seven half-centuries in this format and the left-handed keeper-batter is well worth backing as New Zealand’s highest run scorer against England. Trent Boult took 4-13 against Sri Lanka and the opening bowler is our pick for New Zealand’s top wicket taker in this match.
- We recommend Jos Buttler to outscore his opening partner Alex Hales in this clash.
ENG vs NZ Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket, Star Network, Fox Sports, ESPN and PTV.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go and Disney+ Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
There will be rain in the morning and early afternoon but we expect the weather to be dry during this match. Humidity levels will reach at least 70% in the latter half of the game.
The fast bowling talent on both sides will enjoy the surface which will provide a great amount of pace and carry. Any score over 195 will be very hard to chase down.
The humidity levels are expected to be high in the second half of this game and we predict that both teams will want to field first in this match.
Team Form in the Last Five Matches:
NR, L, W, NR, W
W, NR, W, L, W
ENG vs NZ TEAM NEWS:
ENG Team News:
After Friday’s game against Australia was washed out in Melbourne, England’s players will be raring to go in Brisbane in this match. They were not expected to make any changes against Australia and there are no new injuries in the squad ahead of this clash.
NZ Team News:
The Black Caps have been their usual efficient and effective selves in the tournament so far. They were able to improve their team ahead of the win over Sri Lanka with Daryll Mitchell returning from injury and replacing Mark Chapman in the XI.
ENG vs NZ Pre-Toss LineUps:
ENG vs NZ Team Updates:
ENG Team Updates
- England have played three games lost one, won one and their big game against Australia was abandoned without a ball being the ball.
- This is a crucial match for England as they aim to bounce back after their Ireland loss.
- Alex Hales’s inclusion at the top has so far not yielded any favorable results. His slow batting has put pressure on others.
- Jos Buttler and Alex Hales will probably open the inning.
- Dawid Malan will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Ben Stokes and Liam Livingstone will handle the middle-order batting.
- Ben Stokes has also not fired with the bat in hand. He has failed to cross double-digit figures in his last five T20I innings.
- Liam Livingstone was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Jos Buttler will lead the England as a Captain. He is also a good Wicket-Keeper
- Jos Buttler will do the Wicket Keeping for England.
- Adil Rashid will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Mark Wood and Chris Woakes will lead the pace attack of his team.
NZ Team Updates
- New Zealand have two games and are on top of Group 1.
- The task though won’t be easy as New Zealand have so far been relentless with the ball.
- Experienced duos Southee and Boult are not giving an inch in the power play. It has backed up well in the middle overs by spin twins Sodhi and Santner.
- Only skipper Kane Williamson’s form is a cause of concern for New Zealand. Barring that everything seems to be sorted.
- Finn Allen and Devon Conway will probably open the inning.
- Kane Williamson will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Glenn Phillips and Daryl-Mitchell will handle the middle-order batting.
- Glenn Phillips was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Kane Williamson will lead the New Zealand as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Finn Allen will do the Wicket Keeping for New Zealand.
- Mitchell Santner and Ish Sodhi will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Trent Boult and Tim Southee will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Trent Boult is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
Whenever two of the top teams go head to head we are always in for a tense and entertaining contest. New Zealand are yet to experience defeat in this tournament whereas England are eager to get back to winning ways after losing to Ireland and getting a no-result against Australia. Overall, we are backing England to win a close game.
England are favorites to beat New Zealand at the odds.
ENG Key Players:
The right handed keeper-batter has passed 50 in 18 innings in this format and scored 65 not out against Australia two innings ago.
The left-handed number three batter for England has a top score of 103 not out in IT20s. He very rarely throws his wicket away and gradually increases his strike-rate as his innings progress.
The 32 year old right arm fast bowler has a strike-rate of 13.7 in this format. He has taken 14 wickets from his last five competitive games.
NZ Key Players:
The left-handed opener made an uncharacteristic one run from four balls in the last match but still has an average of 54.42 in this format.
the right-handed middle order batter hit his second IT20 century against Sri Lanka. He scored 14 boundaries in his 104 runs from 64 balls.
The 33 year old left-arm pace bowler dismissed Kusal Mendis, Dhananjaya de Silva, Charith Asalanka and Dasun Shanaka on Saturday in T20 World Cup 2022.
ENG vs NZ Team Forms:
ENG Team Form:
England have had two no-results from their last four IT20s and have won two of their last five.
NZ Team Form:
New Zealand have won three of their last five IT20s in this format.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Jos Buttler (c & wk), Alex Hales, Dawid Malan, Ben Stokes, Harry Brook, Moeen Ali, Liam Livingstone, Sam Curran, Chris Woakes, Adil Rashid, Mark Wood, Philip Salt, Tymal Mills, David Willey, Chris Jordan
Finn Allen, Devon Conway (wk), Kane Williamson (c), Glenn Phillips, Daryl Mitchell, James Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Ish Sodhi, Lockie Ferguson, Trent Boult, Michael Bracewell, Adam Milne, Martin Guptill, Mark Chapman