ENG vs SA Dream11 Prediction for 2nd ODI Match
Match: ENG vs IND ODI Match Prediction
Time: 22 July, 05:30 PM (IST)
Series: 2nd ODI Match
Venue: Old Trafford – Manchester, England
ENG vs SA Info:
- Joe Root scored 86 runs from 77 balls in Durham and he is a strong choice for England’s highest run scorer against South Africa. With the ball, Reece Topley took 6-24 and 3-35 in the final two ODIs against India and we expect him to be England’s top wicket taker in this ODI.
- Rassie van der Dussen scored 134 runs from 117 balls in the opening game of the series and he is our tip for South Africa’s highest run scorer against England. Anrich Nortje recorded figures of 4-53 on Tuesday and he is our pick for South Africa’s top wicket taker in Manchester.
- Reece Topley is in the form of his life and we expect him to cause South Africa’s bowlers plenty of problems. He is our prediction for the Player of The Match Award.
ENG vs SA Live Streaming:
TV channels: This match will be shown live on Sky Sports in the UK and Super Sport in South Africa.
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on SkyGo.
Weather & Pitch Report:
After sweltering conditions at this ground on Sunday and in the north east on Tuesday, the temperature will be no higher than 19 degrees with a threat of rain throughout this ODI.
In spite of losing early wickets, India got home with 7.5 overs remaining in the third ODI of the series last weekend. We expect a par score to be over 300 on a pitch with plenty of pace and bounce.
India chose to bowl first in Sunday’s ODI at this venue but South Africa chose to bat first in Durham. We predict that both skippers will want to bat first in this match.
L, L, W, L, W
❌ ❌✅ ❌ ✅
W, L, W, L, W
✅ ❌ ✅ ❌ ✅
ENG vs SA Team News:
ENG Team News:
- There will be at least one change for England with a replacement for Ben Stokes required in the XI. We expect David Willey to come into the side and more responsibility to fall upon Moeen Ali and Liam Livingstone with the bat. Reece Topley, who was rested in Durham, will return to the team.
SA Team News:
- The visitors got their tour of England off to a fantastic start on Tuesday and will be full of confidence as they arrive in Manchester. Andile Phehlukwayo had to leave the field following a collision in the field with Keshav Maharaj in Durham. His concussion replacement, Dwaine Pretorius, is expected to be named in the XI for this match.
Jos Butter (c) (wk)
Q de Kock (wk)
R van der Dussen
Keshav Maharaj (c)
Who will win today’s match: ENG vs SA ODI Match Fantasy Team
England will be hoping that the retirement of Ben Stokes encourages some of their other middle-order players to rise up and realize their potential. Although they lost in Durham, England produced their best ODI batting display of the summer. With South Africa in strong form, we are predicting a tight game with England getting the win.
England is the favorite to beat South Africa.
ENG Key Players:
After a very disappointing display against India in the series earlier this month, the former England Test skipper hit five fours and two sixes on Tuesday.
The all-rounder put in a good display during the India ODIs but was not at his best in Durham. He scored only three runs with the bat but did dismiss opener Janneman Malan with the ball.
The Surrey opening bowler put in his best series performance for England in the series against India. He was rested on Tuesday but will be back to lead the attack in this match.
SA Key Players:
Quinton de Kock:
The opener hit 19 runs from 22 balls in the first ODI and also took a catch behind the stumps. He remains a batter who scares the opposing bowlers.
Rassie van der Dussen:
The number three batter produced another fine ODI performance on Tuesday. He has now scored three ODI centuries and 11 fifties in 30 games in this format.
The 28 year old pace bowler showed that he is more than comfortable as the leader of the attack. He dismissed Joe Root, Sam Curran, Brydon Carse and Adil Rashid in the opening game of the series.
ENG vs SA Team Form:
ENG Team Form:
- The 2019 World Cup Winners are a shadow of their confident and strutting self from 2015-2021. They have won only one of their last four ODIs.
SA Team Form:
- South Africa have won three of their last five ODIs and two of their last three games in this format.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Jonny Bairstow(WK), Jason Roy, Joe Root, Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler(WK)(C), Liam Livingstone, Moeen Ali, Craig Overton, David Willey, Brydon Carse, Reece Topley, Philip Salt, Harry Brook, Sam Curran, Matt Parkinson.
Janneman Malan, Reeza Hendricks, Rassie van der-Dussen, Aiden Markram, David Miller, Heinrich Klaasen(WK), Andile Phehlukwayo, Keshav Maharaj(C), Anrich Nortje, Tabraiz Shamsi, Lungi Ngidi, Quinton de Kock(WK), Lizaad Williams, Marco Jansen, Kyle Verreynne(WK), Khaya Zondo, Dwaine Pretorius