England Women vs India Women
Women’s 2nd ODI Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 18 Sep, 05:30 PM (IST)
Series: Women’s 2nd ODI Match
Venue: County Cricket Ground – Hove, England
ENG-W vs IND-W Dream11 Prediction:
- Danni Wyatt is vastly experienced and this will be her 98th WODI. The batter is our tip for England Women’s highest run scorer against India Women.
- Sophie Ecclestone should enjoy bowling on this surface in Canterbury and the spinner is our pick for England Women’s top wicket taker in this match.
- Medium pace bowler, Jhulan Goswami, was the top India Women’s bowler on Sunday. She is our choice for India Women’s top wicket taker against England Women.
Fans can stream the match on the FanCode App.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The weather in Canterbury on Wednesday is expected to be mostly sunny and pleasant. There’s only around 8% chance of precipitation with the temperature around 18°C.
The match will be played at the St Lawrence Ground, Canterbury. Spinners have been on top at this venue during the 2022 season and we expect more of the same in this match.
Team Form in Last Five Matches:
L, W, W, W, L
W, W, W, W, L
ENG-W vs IND-W TEAM NEWS:
ENG-W Team News:
England are missing some of their senior players but India looked a much better team in the first game and they would be looking to ride the momentum.
In 1999, the Indian team had won the ODI series 2-1 with Anjum Chopra striking a hundred and a half-century. It is also a farewell series for the great Jhulan Goswami as India do not have any 50-over assignment till June 2023.
IND-W Team News:
Indian vice-captain Smriti Mandhana led the batting show with a sublime 99-ball 91, while wicketkeeper batter Yastika Bhatia also struck a fifty, before skipper Harmanpreet finished off the clinical chase with an unbeaten 74.
ENG-W vs IND-W Pre-Toss LineUps:
With a pitch which is likely to favour the spin bowlers, India Women will fancy their chances of getting another win and sealing the series. However, we expect England’s batters to produce a much stronger performance and are backing England Women to get the victory.
England Women are favorites to beat India Women
ENG-W vs IND-WTeam Updates:
ENG-W Team Updates
- Tammy Beaumont and Emma Lamb will probably open the inning.
- Sophia Dunkley will bat at the one-down position.
- Alice Capsey and Danielle Wyatt will handle the middle-order batting.
- Amy Jones will lead the England Women as a Captain. She is also a good Wicket-Keeper
- Amy Jones will do the Wicket Keeping for England Women.
- Sophie Ecclestone will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Charlie Dean and Kate Cross will lead the pace attack of her team.
- Charlie Dean is having topmost fantasy points in this series
IND-W Team Updates
- Smriti Mandhana and Shafali Verma will probably open the inning.
- Smriti Mandhana is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Yastika Bhatia will bat at the one-down position.
- Harmanpreet Kaur and Harleen Deol will handle the middle-order batting.
- Harmanpreet Kaur will lead the India Women as a Captain. She is also a good Alrounder
- Yastika Bhatia will do the Wicket Keeping for India Women.
- Deepti Sharma and Rajeshwari Gayakwad will take care of the spin bowling of her team.
- Jhulan Goswami and Meghna Singh will lead the pace attack of her team.
After winning the WIT20 series 2-1, England Women were well beaten by India Women by seven wickets and 34 balls remaining in their opening WODI in Hove. Not only did England’s batters not score runs quick enough, but their bowlers lacked an ability to trouble the opposition batters
Kate Cross was England Women’s standout bowler in Hove. She took the most wickets (2), had the best economy rate and bowled the only maiden of the innings. Charlie Dean was the only other bowler to bowl all 10 overs and to take a wicket.
The inconsistency, particularly in the batting department, continues for this inexperienced England Women’s side. They have not won or lost back to back games across India’s tour as yet.
It was a very impressive performance from India Women in Hove with the visitors excellent value for their convincing victory. Only one bowler, Pooja Vastrakar, struggled to maintain control, before the top order batters dominated the England Women’s bowlers.
There were half-centuries for opener Smriti Mandhana, keeper-batter Yastika Bhatia and captain Harmanpreet Kaur in the opening WODI of the series. Mandhana’s 91 runs from 99 balls set the foundation before Kaur took her team home with 74 not out from 94 balls..
Six of the seven India Women’s bowlers picked up at least one wicket in Hove with some excellent economy rates alongside the dismissals. Jhulan Goswami produced figures of 1-20, including two maidens, with Deepti Sharma also impressive with figures of 2-33 from 10 overs.
India Women continue to fight back across this tour. They have lost two games but won the subsequent game on both occasions.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
ENG-W vs IND-W SQUAD:
Emma Lamb, Tammy Beaumont, Sophia Dunkley, Alice Capsey, Danielle Wyatt, Amy Jones(w/c), Alice Davidson Richards, Sophie Ecclestone, Charlotte Dean, Kate Cross, Issy Wong, Freya Davies, Maia Bouchier, Lauren Bell, Freya Kemp
Smriti Mandhana, Shafali Verma, Yastika Bhatia(w), Harmanpreet Kaur(c), Harleen Deol, Deepti Sharma, Pooja Vastrakar, Sneh Rana, Jhulan Goswami, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Meghna Singh, Sabbhineni Meghana, Jemimah Rodrigues, Taniya Bhatia, Dayalan Hemalatha, Renuka Singh, Simran Bahadur.