ENG-W vs NZ-W Dream11 Prediction for Women T20 Commonwealth Games
Match: ENG-W vs NZ-W T20 Match Prediction
Time: 04 Aug, 10:30 PM (IST)
Series: Women T20 Commonwealth Games
Venue: Edgbaston Cricket Ground – Edgbaston, England
ENG-W vs NZ-W Info:
- Danni Wyatt always targets the boundary early on in her innings and we are backing the England Women opener to be their highest run scorer against New Zealand Women. Sophie Ecclestone is averaging a wicket every two overs in the tournament and she is our pick for England Women’s top wicket taker in this game.
- Suzie Bates is the only player to have scored over 100 runs in the competition. She enjoys batting at Edgbaston and the opener is a strong choice for New Zealand Women’s highest run scorer in this match. With the ball, Hayley Jensen took 3-5 from four overs against Sri Lanka Women and she is our tip for New Zealand Women’s top wicket taker against England Women.
- New Zealand Women’s openers have been in excellent form in this campaign. We recommend backing a 1st Wicket Partnership over 24.5.
TV channels: This match will be shown live on BBC One and BBC Two.
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on the BBC iPlayer and Sony Liv App.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Sunny to begin with before clear skies and floodlights will take over. The temperature will drop no lower than 17 degrees at Edgbaston.
We have seen the swing and seam bowlers impress in the opening overs of most games but overall it is a pitch which favours the spinners. The surface appears to be slowing down as the tournament progresses.
New Zealand Women chose to bat first against Sri Lanka Women and we expect them to want to do the same in this match. The conditions will not vary a huge amount from the start to the finish although there may be more swing through the air under the floodlights.
W, W W, W, W
✅✅ ✅ ✅✅
W, W, W, L, W
✅ ✅✅ ❌ ✅
ENG-W vs NZ-W Team News:
ENG-W Team News:
Nat Sciver will captain England Women in this match with rumours persisting that Heather Knight may miss the entire tournament with her hip problem. Although there will be a temptation to rest certain players, England Women will want to top the group and we anticipate no changes to the XI.
NZ-W Team News:
18 year old left-arm spinner Fran Jonas was left out of the team ahead of the game against Sri Lanka Women with medium pacer, Rosemary Mair, taking her place. Mair impressed with figures of 1-13 and she should keep her spot. There are no injury niggles and we expect New Zealand to select their strongest XI for this match.
Nat Sciver (c)
Amy Jones (wk)
Sophie Devine (c)
Izzy Gaze (wk)
Small League Team: Pre-Toss
Who will win today’s match: ENG-W vs NZ-W Women T20 Match Fantasy Team
Whenever two teams with 100% records come face to face, there is always going to be plenty of players high on confidence on display. Both teams have delivered with the bat and ball so far in the tournament and will be acutely aware that they are facing top quality players in this match. We are predicting a tight affair with England Women getting the victory.
England Women are favourites to beat New Zealand Women
ENG-W Key Players:
The young batting all-rounder will turn 18 on the day of this fixture. She is the second highest run scorer in the tournament and hit 50 runs from 37 balls against South Africa Women.
The opener batted at an impressive strike-rate of 135 in the last match. She will always try and be aggressive at the top of the order and will put the team first.
The spinner recorded the best figures in the team against South Africa Women. She brings experience, control and wickets to the England Women side at Edgbaston.
NZ-W Key Players:
The skipper made 24 runs from 23 balls against Sri Lanka Women and bowled only one over. Expect her to play a much larger role with bat and ball in this match against stronger opposition.
The 34 year old right-handed opener is the leading run scorer in the tournament at this stage. She hit four fours and shared in a fifty run opening partnership on Tuesday.
The medium pacer has managed to exploit the overhead conditions at Edgbaston. She will have the opportunity to add to her four wickets in the competition under the lights again in this match.
ENG-W vs NZ-W Team Form:
ENG-W Team Form:
- England Women have won five successive games in this format and appear to be on a roll. They have winning momentum and the home crowd’s backing in Birmingham.
NZ-W Team Form:
- New Zealand Women have won three successive matches in this format and have had comfortable victories in both of their games in this tournament.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Danielle Wyatt, Sophia Dunkley, Alice Capsey, Natalie Sciver(c), Amy Jones(w), Maia Bouchier, Katherine Brunt, Sophie Ecclestone, Freya Kemp, Issy Wong, Sarah Glenn, Bryony Smith, Freya Davies, Kate Cross.
New Zealand Women:
Sophie Devine(c), Suzie Bates, Amelia Kerr, Maddy Green, Brooke Halliday, Hayley Jensen, Izzy Gaze(w), Lea Tahuhu, Hannah Rowe, Rosemary Mair, Eden Carson, Fran Jonas, Claudia Green, Jessica McFadyen, Georgia Plimmer.