EN-W vs NZ-W Tips, Stats & Team for Today Match Prediction
Match: EN-W vs NZ-W Women T20i Prediction
Time: 01 September, 11:00 AM (IST)
Venue: County Cricket Ground – Chelmsford, England
- Danni Wyatt hit an unbeaten 89 in England Women’s last WIT20 game. She is a strong bet for England Women’s highest run scorer in this match.
- Tash Farrant took wickets in nearly every game during the Women’s Hundred. She has an excellent range of variations and is worth backing as England Women’s leading wicket taker against New Zealand Women.
- Vice-Captain Amy Satterthwaite made the most runs against England Women in New Zealand earlier this year. She is our tip for New Zealand Women’s highest run scorer in this WIT20.
- New Zealand Women and England Women will be battling it out in the first match in the T20I series, which takes place on Wednesday, September 1, at the County Ground in Chelmsford.
- England, led by Heather Knight, has been in a stupendous form in the shorter format. They have won 13 matches in their 14 T20I matches since February 26, 2020. New Zealand 3-0 earlier this year in Wellington’s T20I series
- They defeated India 2-1 in their previous T20I series. England looked flawless, except for the game at Hove in which they lost by eight runs. New Zealand has had a terrible run lately. They have only won five of their 14 previous games.
- They won the previous match against Australia by four wickets. If they are to beat England, Sophie Devine and Co. must be at the top of their game. Head-to-head, England Women beat New Zealand Women in 20 of 25 T20Is.
Live Streaming: Women T20i Match of EN-W vs NZ-W will start at 11:00 PM IST and will be streamed live on Fancode.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The match will be played at The Cloudfm County Ground, Chelmsford. In the recent England Women v India Women series, both sides hit totals over 150 at this ground. We expect any score over 160 to be sufficient for victory.
W, L, W, W, W
✅ ❌ ✅ ✅ ✅
NR, W, L, L, L
❌ ✅ ❌ ❌ ❌
EN-W Team News:
England Women come into this series off the back of a 10-6 multi-points series win over India Women in June and July. Since then, many of the England Women squad have starred in the inaugural Women’s Hundred. England Women won the WIT20 leg of the series against India 2-1 with Nat Sciver, Tammy Beaumont and Danni Wyatt all hitting half-centuries. With the ball, Sarah Glenn, Sophie Ecclestone and Katherine Brunt all took 3 wickets across the T20 series. Tash Farrant took the most wickets in the Women’s Hundred with Sophia Dunkley hitting the third highest number of runs in the tournament. Many of England Women’s players are in excellent form.
NZ-W Team News:
New Zealand Women’s first WIT20 cricket since early April when they drew their 3-Match WIT20 series 1-1 at home with Australia. Prior to that series, England Women beat New Zealand Women 3-0 in Wellington in March. Amelia Kerr top scored with 56 runs across two innings in the drawn series with Australia Women. Frances Mckay and Jess Kerr both took 3 wickets against Australia Women. Against England Women, Amy Satterthwaite hit 76 across three games with Leigh Kasperek taking 3 wickets. After the home defeat, New Zealand Women come into this series as underdogs.
Sophie Devine (C)
Who will win today match: EN-W vs NZ-W Women T20i Match Fantasy Team
We expect England Women’s greater familiarity with the conditions and being in the middle of their season to mean they are far better prepared for this opening match. Our prediction is for a fighting display from New Zealand Women but a convincing win for England Women.
EN-W Key Players:
Tammy Beaumont is the top run-scorer for England with 248 runs from her last 10 matches at an average of 24 and a strike rate of 103.
Nat Sciver has also made 236 runs from her last 10 matches.
Katherine Brunt has been the best bowler for England and has picked up 13 wickets from her last 9 matches while bowling at an economy rate of 5.93 and a strike rate of 13.
Sarah Glenn has also picked up 13 wickets from her last 10 matches.
NZ-W Key Players:
Amy Satterthwaite is the top run-scorer for New Zealand with 191 runs from her last 9 matches at an average of 23 and a strike rate of 118.
Katey Martin has also made 129 runs from her last 10 matches.
Sophie Devine has been the best bowler for New Zealand and has picked up 7 wickets from her last 8 matches while bowling at an economy rate of 7.50 and a strike rate of 18.
Leigh Kasperek has also picked up 5 wickets from her last 4 matches.
EN-W Team Form:
- Led by Heather Knight, England Women have been in tremendous form in the recent forms and the numbers are enough to show that. Since February last year, they have won 13 out of the 14 matches they have played. Apart from that, they also defeated New Zealand Women earlier this year in a three-match series and that should add to their confidence.
- England are coming into the series on the back of successful T20I series against the Indians. They defeated India 2-1 in a well-fought series, which they could have won 3-0 as well. On paper, England have experience available right through their lineup and that is arguably their biggest strength.
- Apart from experience, they have a batting lineup that goes deep without compromising with the bowling variety, thanks to the number of all-rounders they have at their disposal. England Women seem to be having everything going for them at the moment and given the team lineup they have, it should not be a difficult assignment for them. Having said that, they would not want to take it lightly.
NZ-W Team Form:
- Contrary to England Women, New Zealand Women have been searching for wins since the beginning of this year. They have won just five matches out of their last 14 and will need to get things right in this series as a preparation for bigger tournaments coming ahead.
- The thing that works in their favor is that they registered a decent win over Aussies earlier this year and that should imbibe a lot of confidence amongst the players. Besides, they have an excellent amalgamation of youth and experience with the likes of Sophie Devine, Suzie Bates, and Amy Satterthwaite available.
- On paper, New Zealand have a decent side and if their senior players are able to step up their game, New Zealand should be in business.
New Zealand Women:
Sophie Devine(c), Hayley Jensen, Amy Satterthwaite, Lauren Down, Suzie Bates, Katey Martin(w), Brooke Halliday, Jessica McFadyen, Hannah Rowe, Jess Kerr, Lea Tahuhu, Maddy Green, Leigh Kasperek, Thamsyn Newton, Claudia Green, Molly Penfold.
+ Ground and Pitch info about
County Cricket Ground – Chelmsford, England
Last T20 Matches on this Ground:
1. England Womens v India Womens
INDW 153-6 ENGW 152-2
Pacer – 3
Spinner – 5
Dani Wyatt – 89(56)*
Natalie Sciver – 42(36)
Sophie Ecclestone – 3/35(4)
Kathryn Bryce – 2/27(4)
2. Sunrisers v Northern Diamonds
SUN 116-7 ND 117-2
Pacer – 5
Spinner – 4
3. Essex Women v Kent Womens
KETW 140-5 ESSW 108-8
Pacer – 10
Spinner – 2
4. England Womens v Australia Womens
AUSW 226-3 ENGW 133-9
Pacer – 7
Spinner – 4
Laura Winfield – 33(27)
Kate Brunt – 29(22)*
Natalie Sciver – 28(29)
Sophie Esslestone – 2/42(4)
Pacer – 25
Spinner – 15
Batting First – 160
Batting Second – 120
Players Form @County Cricket Ground & H2H Stats:
ENG-W @County Cricket Ground & H2H Against NZ-W:
NZ-W @County Cricket Ground & H2H Against ENG-W:
Player Form Sheet:
England Womens T20:
New Zealand Womens T20:
Make necessary changes if any player absent
*Above GL Team Guide Images for Guide only.
*You can make necessary changes as per your choice.
*Above Team maybe Highly risky so play at your own risk.
*for final team check here in the last 15mins of the match deadline.
*You can also make some other combination by changing 1-2 players with help of Team Guide.
Best of Luck.
> We have mentioned the expected playing 11 as per our cricket knowledge. You can change the fantasy team once the playing 11 is out.