ENG-W vs SA-W Dream11 Prediction for Women T20 Commonwealth Games
Match: ENG-W vs SA-W T20 Match Prediction
Time: 02 Aug, 03:30 PM (IST)
Series: Women T20 Commonwealth Games
Venue: Edgbaston Cricket Ground – Edgbaston, England
ENG-W vs SA-W Info:
- Danni Wyatt is one of England Women’s most consistent white-ball batters over recent years and she is our pick for their highest run scorer in this game. With the ball, Sophie Ecclestone continues to be one of the top spin bowlers in world cricket and she is our tip for England Women’s top wicket taker against South Africa Women.
- Laura Wolvaardt was not at her fluent best at Edgbaston on Saturday but we expect her to come to grips with the pitch and be South Africa Women’s highest run scorer against England Women. Spinner Nonkululeko Mlaba will enjoy the spinning surface again in this clash and she is our prediction for South Africa Women’s top wicket taker.
- Although she may not end on the winning side, we recommend backing Laura Wolvaardt to score over 20.5 runs in this match.
ENG-W vs SA-W Live Streaming:
TV channels: This match will be shown live on BBC One and BBC Two.
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on the BBC iPlayer.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Although there may have been some rain in the earlier part of the morning, we expect dry conditions throughout this game. It will be cloudy and humid in Edgbaston.
The Edgbaston surface has provided plenty of assistance for the spin bowlers in all of the games so far in the tournament. A par score in this game will be in the region of 150 – 160.
South Africa Women won the toss and chose to bat first in their opening game with England Women told to field first against Sri Lanka Women. We predict that South Africa Women will be batting first irrespective of who wins the toss.
W, W W, W, L
✅ ✅ ✅ ✅❌
L, L L, L, W
❌❌ ❌ ❌ ✅
ENG-W vs SA-W Team News:
ENG-W Team News:
Captain Heather Knight has been managing a hip injury and, although she could play if it was a must-win game, we expect her to manage her recovery by missing this match. In her absence, Nat Sciver will continue to lead an unchanged XI.Captain Heather Knight has been managing a hip injury and, although she could play if it was a must-win game, we expect her to manage her recovery by missing this match. In her absence, Nat Sciver will continue to lead an unchanged XI.
SA-W Team News:
Sune Luus’ side lost a narrow game to New Zealand Women in their opening match of the competition. Ayabonga Khaka was the most expensive of the bowling attack but has been in good form, particularly against England, and we do not expect to see any changes to the XI.
ENG-W vs SA-W Pre-Toss Lineups:
Small League Team: Pre-Toss
ℹ️ Get Grand League Team at the bottom of this post.
Who will win today’s match: ENG-W vs SA-W Women T20 Match Fantasy Team
Although England Women were very dominant over South Africa Women across their tour earlier this summer, this is a new tournament so we should not assume another home victory. However, the hosts will be backed by passionate supporters and have players more suited to the conditions. We are backing England Women to win the match.
England Women are favorites to beat South Africa Women
ENG-W Key Players:
The 31 year old has scored two centuries and nine fifties in this format. On a wicket which favours the bowlers, her attacking intent will be crucial to England Women.
The 17 year old middle order batter top scored for England Women in their opening match. She hit four fours in her innings.
The left-arm spinner showed that she knows how to bowl on the Edgbaston surface on Saturday. She dismissed Hasini Perera, Oshadi Ranasinghe and Sugandika Kumari.
SA-W Key Players:
It is very rare for the batter to make no contribution to an innings and even though she was not at her best on Saturday, she still struck a four and a six.
the middle order batter was particularly impressive against New Zealand Women and posted the highest strike-rate in Match 3. She seemed very comfortable batting on this Edgbaston surface.
The left-arm spinner has taken wickets in each of her last three appearances in England. She dismissed Sophie Devine in Birmingham in their opening match.
ENG-W vs SA-W Team Form:
ENG-W Team Form:
- England Women have now won four games on the bounce in IT20s. Three of those victories have come against South Africa Women.
SA-W Team Form:
- South Africa Women have lost four successive games in this format and must turn this around if they are to progress in the tournament.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Danielle Wyatt, Sophia Dunkley, Alice Capsey, Natalie Sciver(c), Amy Jones(w), Maia Bouchier, Sophie Ecclestone, Katherine Brunt, Freya Kemp, Issy Wong, Sarah Glenn, Bryony Smith, Freya Davies, Kate Cross, Heather Knight.
South Africa Women:
Anneke Bosch, Tazmin Brits, Mignon du Preez, Laura Wolvaardt, Chloe Tryon, Sune Luus(c), Delmi Tucker, Sinalo Jafta(w), Shabnim Ismail, Ayabonga Khaka, Nonkululeko Mlaba, Trisha Chetty, Masabata Klaas, Lara Goodall, Nadine de Klerk, Tumi Sekhukhune.