Gujarat Giants vs Manipal Tigers
Legends Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 19 Sep, 07:30 PM (IST)
Series: Legends League Cricket 2022
Venue: Ekana Int. Cricket Stadium – Lucknow
GJG vs MNT Dream11 Prediction:
- Although Kevin O’Brien got the headlines in the opening game, we are backing captain Virender Sehwag to be Gujarat Giants’ highest run scorer against Manipal Tigers.
- Thisara Perera took 2-16 on Saturday and the medium-fast bowler is our tip for Gujarat Giants’ top wicket taker in this match.
- Ryan Sidebottom took the most wickets against Bhilwara Kings but we expect Muttiah Muralitharan to be the main bowling threat for Manipal Tigers. The Sri Lankan is our choice for their top wicket taker against Gujarat Giants.
GJG vs MNT Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Star Sports Channels.
Fans can stream the match on Disney Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The temperature on Saturday is expected to be around 30°C with 87% humidity and winds blowing at the speed of 03 km/hr. With a 24% chance of precipitation, the weather would be cloudy.
The match will be played at the Ekana Cricket Stadium, Lucknow. Although we are yet to see a team bowled out on this pitch, we have seen at least six wickets fall in each innings. Pace bowlers have enjoyed the surface so far.
Team Form in Last Five Matches:
GJG vs MNT TEAM NEWS:
GJG Team News:
The Giants got off to a winning start in the tournament opener against India Capitals with a three wicket victory on Saturday. They reached their target of 180 with eight balls remaining and will be full of confidence as they approach this match against the Tigers.
MNT Team News:
The Tigers lost their opening game of the competition by a narrow margin to Bhilwara Kings on Sunday in Lucknow. After posting 153-7 from 20 overs, the Tigers could not quite keep the Kings down, as they got home with three wickets and two balls remaining.
GJG vs MNT Pre-Toss LineUps:
Small League Team: Pre-Toss
Both of the opening two matches in the tournament were won by only three wickets and we could well see another tight finish in Match 3. Manipal Tigers bowled well against Bhilwara Kings but were let down by their top order batting. We expect this to be the problem in this match and are backing Gujarat Giants to win this game
Gujarat Giants are favorites to beat Manipal Tigers
GJG Key Players:
Irish opener Kevin O’Brien was the star of the show against India Capitals as he hit 106 runs from 61 balls to get the tournament going. Parthiv Patel and Yashpal Singh were the only other Giants’ batters to make double figures. Skipper Virender Sehwag will be looking to improve on his six from 10 balls.
Mitchell McClenaghan and Ashok Dinda were the only players not to take wickets for Gujarat Giants on Saturday with KP Appanna, Rayad Emrit and Thisara Perera all taking two wickets each. Former England off-spinner, Graeme Swann, also chipped in with a dismissal.
- Mitchell McClenaghan [0W]
- Virender Sehwag 
- KP Appanna [2W]
- Thisara Perera [2W]
- Kevin O’brien 
MNT Key Players:
Four of Manipal Tigers’ top five made scores of three and under and it was only a solid 73 runs from 59 balls from Mohammad Kaif that gave them a defendable total. Pardeep Sahu made a useful 30 runs from 19 balls at number six but the top order must deliver more in this match.
Leg-spinner Pardeep Sahu was the only one of five bowlers used by the Tigers to not take a wicket on Sunday. Mutiah Muralithran was the most economical with 1-21 from his four overs with left-arm swing bowler Ryan Sidebttom impressing with 3-38.
- Corey Anderson [PTs: 6, CR: 9]
- Harbhajan Singh [1W]
- Mohammad Kaif 
GJG vs MNT Team Updates:
GJG Team Updates:
- Gujarat Giants started off well winning their opening game against the India Capitals. Batting first, they were handed a 180-run target put up on the board by the Capitals.
- Kevin Obrien and Virender Sehwag will probably open the inning.
- Kevin Obrien is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Parthiv Patel will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Manvinder Bisla and Thisara Perera will handle the middle-order batting.
- Virender Sehwag will lead the Gujarat Giants as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Manvinder Bisla will do the Wicket Keeping for Gujarat Giants.
- KP Appanna and Graeme Swann will lead the pace attack of his team.
MNT Team Updates:
- Manipal Tigers had a sour start to their Legends League Cricket campaign. They lost their first match against the Bhilwara Kings by 3 wickets.
- Swapnil Asnodkar and Ricardo Powell will probably open the inning.
- Mohammad Kaif will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Mohammad Kaif is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Ravi Kant and Corey Anderson will handle the middle-order batting.
- Harbhajan Singh will lead the Manipal Tigers as a Captain. He is also a good Bowler
- Tatenda Taibu will do the Wicket Keeping for Manipal Tigers.
- Harbhajan Singh will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Ryan Sidebottom and Chris Mpofu will lead the pace attack of his team.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Kevin Obrien, Virender Sehwag(C), Parthiv Patel(WK), Manvinder Bisla(WK), Thisara Perera, Yashpal-Singh, Rayad Emrit, KP Appanna, Graeme Swann, Ashok Dinda, Mitchell McClenaghan, Elton Chigumbura, Richard Levi, Joginder Sharma, Chris Gayle, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Daniel Vettori, Ajantha Mendis, Lendl Simmons
Swapnil Asnodkar, Ricardo Powell, Mohammad Kaif, Ravi Kant, Corey Anderson, Tatenda Taibu(WK), Pardeep Sahu, Parvinder Awana, Harbhajan Singh(C), Chris Mpofu, Ryan Sidebottom, Daren Sammy, Jesse Ryder, Muttiah Muralitharan, Shivakant Shukla, Reetinder Sodhi, Dilhara Fernando, Anand Rajan, VRV Singh, Lance Klusener, Romesh Kaluwitharana(WK), Imran Tahir, Brett Lee.