GUJ-W vs MI-W Dream11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips, Playing 11, Pitch Report, Team Info & Dream11 Team for WPL T20 Match 2023
Gujarat Giants vs Mumbai Indians
WPL T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 04 Mar, 07:30 PM (IST)
Series: WPL T20 Match-1
Venue: Dr DY Patil Sports Academy, Mumbai
GUJ-W vs MI-W Dream11 Prediction:
- Beth Mooney finished as the leading run scorer in the WBBL late last year and the top order batter is well worth backing as Gujarat Giants’ highest run scorer in this match. Sneh Rana has best figures of 3-9 in WT20Is and the spinner is our pick for Gujarat Giants’ top wicket taker against Mumbai Indians.
- Hayley Matthews has a strike-rate of over 100 in WT20Is and is a powerful striker of the ball. The opener is our tip for Mumbai Indians’ highest run scorer against Gujarat Giants. With the ball, Pooja Vastrakar combines control with a wicket taking threat. She is a strong choice for Mumbai Indians’ top wicket taker in this first game.
- We recommend backing Hayley Matthews to score over 31.5 runs in this opening match of the competition.
GUJ-W vs MI-W Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket, Fox Sports, Willow Sports and SuperSport.
WPL Live Streaming:
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go and JIO Cinema.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Clear skies are forecast throughout this opening game of the tournament. The temperature will be over 30 degrees before the sun-sets and in the high 20s thereafter.
There will be turn in this wicket but we expect good pace and bounce. Scoring runs should not be too difficult and a par score will be from 145-160.
With a new tournament, we predict that both captains will want to take a look at how the pitch responds before batting. We expect both teams to choose to field first.
GUJ-W vs MI-W TEAM NEWS:
GUJ-W Team News:
There is a strong Australian influence in the Gujarat Giants squad with former international Rachael Haynes coaching the side and Beth Mooney captaining the side. With Australia Women’s dominance of cricket over the last decade, the Giants could well be a team to watch in the WPL 2023.
MI-W Team News:
As with the men’s competition, there are plenty of high expectations ahead of the tournament for Mumbai Indians. Former England skipper Charlotte Edwards will coach the side who will be led on the pitch by Indian all-rounder Harmanpreet Kaur.
GUJ-W vs MI-W Team Updates:
GUJ-W Team Updates –
- They have named Beth Mooney as the captain, while Indian all-rounder Sneh Rana has been chosen as the vice-captain.
- Sabbhineni Meghana and Beth Mooney will probably open the inning.
- Sophia Dunkley will bat at the one-down position.
- Harleen Deol and Ashleigh Gardner will handle the middle-order batting.
- Beth Mooney will lead the Gujarat Giants Women as a Captain. She is also a good Wicket-Keeper
- Beth Mooney will do the Wicket Keeping for Gujarat Giants Women.
- Ashleigh Gardner and Sneh Rana will take care of the spin bowling of her team.
- Mansi Joshi and Monica Patel will lead the pace attack of her team.
MI-W Team Updates –
- Mumbai Indians Women are owned by Indiawin Sports, the owner of the men’s team in the Indian Premier League.
- They also picked 18 players in the player auction in February. Indian captain Harmanpreet Kaur has been selected to lead the squad.
- Yastika Bhatia and Hayley Matthews will probably open the inning.
- Amelia Kerr will bat at the one-down position.
- Natalie Sciver and Harmanpreet Kaur will handle the middle-order batting.
- Harmanpreet Kaur will lead the Mumbai Indians Women as a Captain. She is also a good Batsman
- Yastika Bhatia will do the Wicket Keeping for Mumbai Indians Women.
- Amelia Kerr and Hayley Matthews will take care of the spin bowling of her team.
- Pooja Vastrakar and Saika Ishaque-I will lead the pace attack of her team.
We expect to see a very tight contest to get the WPL underway in Mumbai. Both sides have put together strong squads with some of the best players from across the globe and we are predicting an exciting match. We think that Mumbai Indians have the better players for the conditions in this game and also those with more experience of big games in India. Our prediction is for Mumbai Indians to win this fixture.
Mumbai Indians are favorites to beat Gujarat Giants.
GUJ-W Key Players:
the skipper will have plenty to do during the match as she will also open the batting as well as keeping-wicket in the field. She hit 74 not out in the T20 World Cup Final on Sunday.
Ashleigh Gardner –
the Australian all-rounder was the standout player during the T20 World Cup. She took the Player of the Series award and will relish the challenge of proving herself in the WPL.
Sneh Rana –
the off-spinning all-rounder struggled at times in South Africa but should be much more comfortable on this surface in Mumbai.
MI-W Key Players:
Hayley Matthews –
the West Indian all-rounder is often the standout player for her country. She will enjoy playing alongside some other world class players in this Mumbai Indians team.
Harmanpreet Kaur –
the India national skipper showed signs of being back to her best in the semi-final defeat to Australia Women in the T20 World Cup. She has scored six international centuries.
the talented 23 year old medium pacer has already played 75 internationals and also has experience with Brisbane Heat Women in the WBBL.
GUJ-W vs MI-W C/VC Option:
- Deandra Dottin [PTs: 0, CR: 8.5]
- Amelia Kerr [PTs: 0, CR: 9]
- Natalie Sciver [PTs: 0, CR: 9]
- Ashleigh Gardner [PTs: 0, CR: 9]
- Beth Mooney [PTs: 0, CR: 9].
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
GUJ-W vs MI-W SQUAD:
Gujarat Giants Women (GUJ-W):
Beth Mooney (c & wk), Sabbhineni Meghana, Harleen Deol, Sophia Dunkley, Ashleigh Gardner, Ashwani Kumari, Dayalan Hemalatha, Sneh Rana, Mansi Joshi, Tanuja Kanwar, Monica Patel, Hurley Gala, Shabnam Md Shakil, Parunika Sisodia, Annabel Sutherland, Georgia Wareham, Sushma Verma, Kim Garth
Mumbai Indians Women (MI-W):
Yastika Bhatia (wk), Harmanpreet Kaur (c), Hayley Matthews, Nat Sciver-Brunt, Amelia Kerr, Heather Graham, Amanjot Kaur, Humaira Kazi, Pooja Vastrakar, Priyanka Bala, Neelam Bisht, Issy Wong, Saika Ishaque, Dhara Gujjar, Sonam Yadav, Jintimani Kalita, Chloe Tryon