HAM vs SOM Tips, Stats & Team for Today Match Prediction
Match: HAM vs SOM T20 Blast Semi Final Prediction
Time: 18 September, 03:30 PM (IST)
Venue: Edgbaston Cricket Ground – Edgbaston, England
- Captain James Vince is Hampshire Hawks leading run scorer in the 2021 T20 Blast and is a good bet to be their highest run scorer in this semi-final. Scott Currie has 17 wickets in the tournament and is our tip for Hampshire’s top wicket taker in this game.
- Tom Banton hit an unbeaten century for Somerset earlier in the competition and is well worth backing as their highest run scorer against Hampshire Hawks. Marchant de Lange had a strong Men’s Hundred and already has 17 wickets for Somerset in the 2021 T20 Blast. We recommend de Lange to be their top wicket taker in this knockout match.
- We expect James Vince and Tom Banton to be the crucial wickets on either side. Vince has had an incredible season and is our prediction for the Player of The Match Award.
Live Streaming: The match can be watched live on Sky Cricket in the UK. Star Sports will show live coverage in India.
Weather & Pitch Report:
There were plenty of high scores at Edgbaston in the group stage. We expect any total approaching 200 to be very hard to chase in the semi-final.
Given the choice, both teams would prefer to field first, however Hampshire Hawks qualified for Finals Day by batting first. We expect the captains to insert the opposition if they win the toss.
W, W, W, W, W
✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅
W, W, W, L, W
✅ ✅ ✅ ❌ ✅
HAM Team News:
- It has not been a simple journey to Finals Days for Hampshire Hawks who had to play two games on one day to complete their group stage fixtures. James Vince, D’arcy Short and Joe Weatherley have all hit over 300 runs in the 2021 T20 Blast.
SOM Team News:
- The 2005 winners have a very strong group of white ball players and are well led by all-rounder Lewis Gregory. Craig Overton may be available for the XI but at this stage is doubtful with a side strain. The young opening batting partnership are great to watch in tandem.
Who will win today match: HAM vs SOM T20 Blast Semi Final Match Fantasy Team
This should be an excellent first game of Finals Day with two of the T20 Blast form teams coming face to face in this semi-final. As with many of Hampshire Hawks’ games, we are expecting a very close contest but are backing Somerset to get the win and progress to Saturday evening’s final.
HAM Key Players:
SOM Key Players:
The captain has chipped in with 12 wickets with the ball but will be looking to deliver with the bat after averaging only 8.00 from 5 innings.
HAM Team Form:
- Hampshire Hawks needed to go on a winning run to get to this stage and they have done just that with five successive victories.
SOM Team Form:
- Somerset have lost only one game in their last five with that defeat coming against Hampshire Hawks. Their last three wins have been very comfortable.
Tom Banton(w), Will Smeed, James Hildreth, Tom Abell, Tom Lammonby, Lewis Gregory(c), Ben Green, Roelof van der Merwe, Marchant de Lange, Jack Brooks, Josh Davey, Lewis Goldsworthy, Craig Overton, Jack Leach, Max Waller.
+ Ground and Pitch info about
Warner Park – Basseterre, Saint Kitts And Nevis
Last T20 Matches on this Ground:
1. St Kitts v Trinbago Knight Riders
SRK 147-7 TKR 150-6
Pacer – 8
Spinner – 5
Keiron Pollard – 51(22)
Joshua De Silva – 50(45)
Ali Khan – 3/19(4)
Isuru Udana – 2/28(4)
Fawad Ahmed – 2/16(4)
2. Guyana Amazon Warriors v Jamaica Tallawahs
GUY 142-7 JT 128-10
Pacer – 10
Spinner – 7
Romania Shepherd – 72(31)*
Romario Shepherd – 3/31(4)
Odean Smith – 3/20(4)
Imran Tahir – 2/0(2)
3. St Lucia v Barbados Royals
SLZ 190-6 BR 191-2
Pacer – 5
Spinner – 1
Roston Chase – 56(38)
Rakheem Cornwall – 40(26)
Andre Fletcher – 31(18)
Roston Chase – 1/35(3+1M)
4. Trinbago Knight Riders v St Kitts
TKR 159-7 STK 160-2
Pacer – 6
Spinner – 3
Evin Lewis – 102(52)*
Colin Munro – 47(34)
Chris Gayle – 35(18)
Jos Russ Jaggesar – 3/32(4)
Dominic Drakes – 3/33(4)
Pacer – 29
Spinner – 16
Batting First – 158
Batting Second – 158
Players Form @Warner Park & H2H Stats:
[email protected] Park – Basseterre, Saint Kitts And Nevis & H2H Against SKN:
[email protected] Park – Basseterre, Saint Kitts And Nevis & H2H Against GUY:
Player Form Sheet:
Guyana Amazon Warriors:
St Kitts and Nevis Patroits:
Top Team Batsmens:
Somerset’s top batsmen are Tom Banton, Tom Abell and Will Smeed. Banton has hit 36 boundaries in the 2021 T20 Blast so far
Top Team Bowlers:
For Somerset, our recommendations are Lewis Gregory, Marchant de Lange and Josh Davey. de Lange has enjoyed his white ball season
Make necessary changes if any player absent
*Above GL Team Guide Images for Guide only.
*You can make necessary changes as per your choice.
*Above Team maybe Highly risky so play at your own risk.
*for final team check here in the last 15mins of the match deadline.
*You can also make some other combination by changing 1-2 players with help of Team Guide.
Best of Luck.
> We have mentioned the expected playing 11 as per our cricket knowledge. You can change the fantasy team once the playing 11 is out.