Brisbane Heat vs Adelaide Strikers
BBL T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 23 Dec, 01:30 PM (IST)
Series: BBL T20 Match
Venue: The Gabba, Brisbane , Australia
HEA vs STR Dream11 Prediction:
- Colin Munro has made one hundred and six half-centuries in the BBL and the New Zealander is our tip for Brisbane Heat’s highest run scorer against Adelaide Strikers. Mark Steketee dismissed well set batters in Andre Russell and Akeal Hosein in the last match and he is a strong choice for Brisbane Heat’s top wicket taker in this game.
- After hitting 158 runs from 108 balls so far in the campaign, we are backing Matthew Short to be Adelaide Strikers’ highest run scorer against Brisbane Heat. With 11 wickets at a strike-rate of 5.3, Henry Thornton is the top wicket taker in this BBL so far. He is our pick for Adelaide Strikers’ top wicket taker in this match.
- Henry Thornton has taken at least two wickets in each game so far and we recommend backing him to take more than 1.5 wickets in this clash.
HEA vs STR Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Cricket, FoxTel and the Sony Network.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, FoxTel and Sony Liv.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Although it will have been as hot as 28 degrees earlier in the day, this game will be played in humid conditions with the temperature still in the mid-20s throughout the evening.
Historically a quick and bouncy wicket, the recent Test Match showed a pitch with less pace but plenty of movement for the seam bowlers. A par score will be no higher than 160.
The team batting second has won 52% of the BBL games at the Gabba and it would be a surprise if either skipper chose to bat first after winning the toss in this game.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
L, L, L, L, L
❌❌ ❌ ❌❌
W, W, W, L, W
HEA vs STR TEAM NEWS:
HEA Team News:
Although he is unlikely to play at the MCG in the Boxing Day Test, Michael Neser, who took a hat-trick on Wednesday, will be unavailable for this match. Usman Khawaja and Marnus Labuschagne are also away preparing in Melbourne. Xavier Bartlett is expected to come back into the side in place of Neser.
STR Team News:
The Strikers will pick from the same group of players ahead of this game with Cameron Boyce likely to be injured for another few matches and Travis Head and Alex Carey preparing for the MCG Test. It would be a big surprise if there were any changes with the Strikers maintaining a 100% record ahead of this game.
HEA vs STR Pre-Toss LineUps:
HEA vs STR Team Updates:
HEA Team Updates
- Colin Munro and Max Bryant will probably open the inning.
- Matt Renshaw will bat at the one-down position.
- Sam Billings and Jimmy Peirson will handle the middle-order batting.
- Jimmy Peirson is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Jimmy Peirson will lead the Brisbane Heat as a Captain. He is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Sam Billings will do the Wicket Keeping for Brisbane Heat.
- Matthew Kuhnemann and Mitchell Swepson will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Mark Steketee and Micheal Neser will lead the pace attack of his team.
STR Team Updates
- Matthew Short and Jake Weatherald will probably open the inning.
- Chris Lynn will bat at the one-down position.
- Adam Hose and Colin de Grandhomme will handle the middle-order batting.
- Peter Siddle will lead the Adelaide Strikers as a Captain. He is also a good Bowler
- Harry Nielsen will do the Wicket Keeping for Adelaide Strikers.
- Matthew Short and Rashid-Khan will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Matthew Short was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Henry Thornton and Wes Agar will lead the pace attack of his team.
Looking at the form of both teams from the back end of this season and into this campaign, it would be one of the biggest upsets in BBL history if Brisbane Heat were to beat Adelaide Strikers in this game. We expect the likes of Colin Munro to pull a big performance for Heat but at the moment the Strikers are too strong in all departments. We are predicting a fourth successive win of this year’s tournament for Adelaide Strikers.
Adelaide Strikers are favorites to beat Brisbane Heat
HEA Key Players:
Colin Munro –
The 35 year old left-hander has made scores of 35 and eight in the matches against the Renegades. He is a leader in the team and we expect to see him opening the innings in this game.
Jimmy Peirson –
The 30 year old skipper has begun this campaign with two scores in the 40s. He finished unbeaten on 45 not out and took two catches in the second defeat to Melbourne Renegades.
Mark Steketee –
The fast medium bowler should enjoy the conditions at the Gabba and has been picking up wickets without conceding too many runs so far in this BBL.
STR Key Players:
Matthew Short –
The right handed opener has scored more runs than any other player so far in the BBL 2022. He will be looking to post his third 50+ score in this game.
Rashid Khan –
The 24 year old leg-spinner has taken four wickets from the two games in which he has bowled. On a green pitch, do not be surprised if he is able to take advantage of batters looking to attack him at the Gabba.
Henry Thornton –
the quick bowler is already into double figures for wickets in this season’s tournament and he should get some assistance from the pitch in this match.
HEA vs STR Team Forms:
HEA Team Form:
It is now eight successive defeats for Brisbane Heat in the BBL with their last victory, on January 1st 2022, almost one year ago.
STR Team Form:
The strikers went all the way to the final with a strong finish to last year’s BBL and have got off to a brilliant start with three wins so far in 2022-23.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Brisbane Heat (HEA):
Colin Munro, Max Bryant, Matt Renshaw, Sam Billings(WK), Jimmy Peirson(WK)(C), Ross Whiteley, Michael Neser, James Bazley, Mark Steketee, Matthew Kuhnemann, Mitchell Swepson, Sam Hain, Usman Khawaja, Spencer Johnson, Sam Heazlett, Marnus Labuschagne, Xavier Bartlett, Josh Brown-I, Nathan McSweeney, Jack Wildermuth, Will Prestwidge
Adelaide Strikers (STR):
Matthew Short, Jake Weatherald, Chris Lynn, Adam Hose, Colin de Grandhomme, Thomas Kelly, Harry Nielsen(WK), Rashid-Khan, Wes Agar, Henry Thornton, Peter Siddle(C), Cameron Boyce, Jordan Buckingham, Henry Hunt, Alex Carey(WK), Travis Head, Ben Manenti, Ryan Gibson, Harry Conway