Hobart Hurricanes vs Perth Scorchers
BBL T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 19 Dec, 01:45 PM (IST)
Series: BBL T20 Match
Venue: Aurora Stadium – Launceston, Australia
HUR vs SCO Dream11 Prediction:
- Ben McDermott has been one of the most impressive batters in this competition over the last two seasons and the opener is well worth backing as Hobart Hurricanes’ highest run scorer against Perth Scorchers. With the ball, Rliley Meredith took 2-38 in the first game and he is a strong choice for Hobart Hurricanes’ top wicket taker in this match.
- Faf du Plessis has an excellent record in Australia and has dominated bowling attacks around the world in T20 tournaments. The South African is our tip for Perth Scorchers’ highest run scorer against Hobart Hurricanes. Jhye Richardson took 4-9, his best BBL bowling figures, in the opening match. He is our pick for Perth Scorchers’ top wicket taker in this game.
- We recommend backing Ben McDermott to hit over 31.5 runs in this fixture.
HUR vs SCO Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Cricket, FoxTel and the Sony Network.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, FoxTel and Sony Liv.
Weather & Pitch Report:
We are not expecting any rain on Monday evening although there will be some cloud cover during the match. The temperature will be no higher than 15 degrees across this fixture.
It is a slowish pitch in Tasmania with spin bowlers having taken the most wickets at this venue in previous BBL seasons. We expect a par score of around 160.
Four teams have won batting second with three winning after batting first on this pitch in BBL games. We predict that both captains will want to bat first in this game.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
L, L, L, W, W
W, W, W, W, L
HUR vs SCO TEAM NEWS:
HUR Team News:
Billy Stanlake and Chris Tremain have been added to Hobart Hurricanes’ squad ahead of this match and both players will be making their debut for the side if selected in this match. We expect Stanlake to come in for Joel Paris, who was expensive against the Stars, in this game.
SCO Team News:
Although there were a lack of runs from Perth Scorchers’ top order batters in their opening game win over Sydney Sixers, we do not anticipate any changes. The bowlers are all fit and available and will be looking forward to bowling on this pitch in Tasmania.
HUR vs SCO After-Toss LineUps:
HUR vs SCO Team Updates:
HUR Team Updates
- Matthew Wade and Ben McDermott will probably open the inning.
- DArcy Short will bat at the one-down position.
- Shadab Khan and Tim David will handle the middle-order batting.
- Matthew Wade will lead the Hobart Hurricanes as a Captain. He is also a good Wicket-Keeper
- Matthew Wade will do the Wicket Keeping for Hobart Hurricanes.
- DArcy Short will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Riley Meredith and Paddy Dooley will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Riley Meredith is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
SCO Team Updates
- Faf du Plessis and Adam Lyth will probably open the inning.
- Nick Hobson will bat at the one-down position.
- Josh Inglis and Ashton Turner will handle the middle-order batting.
- Ashton Turner will lead the Perth Scorchers as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Josh Inglis will do the Wicket Keeping for Perth Scorchers.
- Ashton Agar will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Jhye Richardson and Andrew Tye will lead the pace attack of his team.
This should be an excellent contest in Launceston with the Hurricanes keen to get their first win of the season and Perth Scorchers arriving with their confidence high after an opening game victory. Both sides have good pace bowling attacks but we think spinner Shadab Khan will play a big role with the ball for the home team. We are predicting a close game with Hobart Hurricanes getting the victory.
Hobart Hurricanes are favorites to beat Perth Scorchers
HUR Key Players:
Ben McDermott –
the opener began the BBL 2022-23 campaign with two fours in his 17 runs from 11 balls. Only three batters have scored more BBL runs than McDermott on this pitch.
Shadab Khan –
the Pakistan all-rounder dismissed opener Thomas Rogers at the MCG on Friday. He will enjoy the grip and turn on this wicket in Tasmania.
Riley Meredith –
the 26 year old right arm fast bowler got the wickets of Beau Webster and Hitlon Cartwright on Friday. His pace is always a weapon even on pitches which favour the spinners.
SCO Key Players:
Faf du Plessis –
the former South African skipper hit three boundaries in his 14 from 12 balls on Saturday. This pitch is not the easiest to bat on but du Plessis has the talent to make a significant contribution.
Jhye Richardson –
the right-arm pace bowler has an excellent recent record in the BBL. He missed a lot of last year’s tournament due to international commitments but showed how good he is in the opener in Perth.
Andrew Tye –
only Sean Abbott has taken more BBL wickets across the history of the tournament. He took 2-26 including the big wicket of James Vince against Sydney Sixers.
HUR vs SCO Team Forms:
HUR Team Form:
Hobart Hurricanes have been beaten in each of their last three BBL fixtures and need to turn their form around very quickly.
SCO Team Form:
After getting off to a winning start on Saturday, the Scorchers are targeting their fifth successive BBL victory in this game.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Hobart Hurricanes (HUR):
Matthew Wade(WK)(C), Ben McDermott, DArcy Short, Shadab Khan, Tim David, Asif Ali, Jimmy Neesham, Joel Paris, Nathan Ellis, Paddy Dooley, Riley Meredith, Wil Parker, Zak Crawley, Mac Wright, Billy Stanlake, Iain Carlisle, Caleb Jewell, Faheem Ashraf, Mitchell Owen, Chris Tremain
Perth Scorchers (SCO):
Faf du Plessis, Adam Lyth, Nick Hobson, Josh Inglis(WK), Ashton Turner(C), Aaron Hardie, Ashton Agar, Jhye Richardson, Matthew Kelly, Andrew Tye, Jason Behrendorff, Stephen Eskinazi, David Payne, Cameron Green, Hamish Mckenzie, Cameron Bancroft, Tymal Mills, Cooper Connolly, Peter Hatzoglou, Lance Morris