Hobart Hurricanes vs Melbourne Stars
BBL T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 09 Jan, 01:45 PM (IST)
Series: BBL T20 Match
Venue: Bellerive Oval – Hobart, Australia
HUR vs STA Dream11 Prediction:
- Ben McDermott has been one of the most consistent batters in the BBL over recent years and he is our pick for Hobart Hurricanes’ highest run scorer in this game. WIth the ball, Riley Meredith always causes some problems with his pace and he is well worth backing as Hobart Hurricanes’ top wicket taker against Melbourne Stars.
- Joe Clarke hit the only century of the 2022-23 BBL against this bowling attack earlier in the tournament. He is our tip for Melbourne Stars’ highest run scorer in this match. Only four bowlers have more wickets than Luke Wood in this tournament and he is a strong choice for Melbourne Stars’ top wicket taker against Hobart Hurricanes.
- Caleb Jewell and Ben McDermott have been a consistent opening pair over recent games. We recommend backing them to hit the highest opening partnership.
HUR vs STA Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Cricket, FoxTel and the Sony Network.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, FoxTel and Sony Liv.
Weather & Pitch Report:
It will be cloudy, humid and not overly warm with the temperature peaking at 16 degrees in this match. We do not expect any rain delays.
Although there have been a couple of exceptional years, this pitch normally delivers totals over 175. We expect good pace on the ball from the pitch and good carry for the bowlers.
Teams batting first have a clear lead than those fielding first in T20 games at this venue. We expect both teams to want to post a total and then defend it in the second innings.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
L, L, W, L, W
L, L, W, L, L
HUR vs STA TEAM NEWS:
HUR Team News:
Left-arm wrist spinner Patrick Dooley injured his finger in the warm up ahead of the defeat against Melbourne Renegades and it would be a surprise if he is fit for this match. After losing Jimmy Neesham and Shadab Khan to international call-ups, the Hurricanes are looking to get a settled team together as soon as possible.
STA Team News:
Compared to other teams, Melbourne Stars have been able to field nearly their full team throughout this campaign. Glenn Maxwell and Joe Burns remain long-term absentees and no one has joined them in the treatment room since their last match.
HUR vs STA Pre-Toss LineUps:
HUR vs STA Team Updates:
HUR Team Updates
- Caleb Jewell and Ben McDermott will probably open the inning.
- Caleb Jewell was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Matthew Wade will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Zak Crawley and Tim David will handle the middle-order batting.
- Matthew Wade will lead the Hobart Hurricanes as a Captain. He is also a good Wicket-Keeper
- Matthew Wade will do the Wicket Keeping for Hobart Hurricanes.
- Paddy Dooley will take care of the spin bowling of the team. He is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Riley Meredith and Nathan Ellis will lead the pace attack of his team.
STA Team Updates
- Tom Fraser Rogers and Joe Clarke will probably open the inning.
- Hilton Cartwright will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Marcus Stoinis and Beau Webster will handle the middle-order batting.
- Marcus Stoinis was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Beau Webster is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Adam Zampa will lead the Melbourne Stars as a Captain. He is also a good Bowler
- Joe Clarke will do the Wicket Keeping for Melbourne Stars.
- Adam Zampa will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Luke Wood and Nathan Coulter-Nile will lead the pace attack of his team.
This match brings the two teams together who have never won the BBL title and, on their current form, it is unlikely that they will break the run in this season. However, both sides have some players in strong form and we are expecting an entertaining game. Hobart Hurricanes’ batters have been more consistent over recent games and we are backing them to win this match.
Hobart Hurricanes are favorites to beat Melbourne Stars
HUR Key Players:
Ben McDermott –
the opener has formed a strong partnership with Caleb Jewell and they put on 49 runs inside six overs in the last match. McDermott has over 3200 T20 runs.
Matthew Wade –
the captain has scored only 38 runs from his last three innings but is still the highest run scorer in this campaign for the Hurricanes. He always goes for his shots irrespective of the game situation.
Riley Meredith –
the quick bowler was expensive but still picked up a wicket on Saturday. He dismissed the dangerous Martin Guptill and Meredith is always a wicket taking threat.
STA Key Players:
Joe Clarke –
the keeper-batter has been very good behind the stumps all season and hit 101 not out in the fixture against Hobart Hurricanes earlier in the tournament.
Marcus Stoinis –
the top order batting all-rounder has found his form over the last few games. He hit seven fours and two sixes in his last innings.
Luke Wood –
although he has leaked runs across the tournament, the wickets keep on coming for the English left-arm pace bowler. He got the wicket of the in-form Jordan Silk on Friday.
HUR vs STA Team Forms:
HUR Team Form:
Hobart Hurricanes have not put together a run of wins in this tournament and come into this game looking to avoid their fourth defeat in five BBL matches.
STA Team Form:
The Sixers have lost only one of their last seven games in BBL 2022-23, a run which has taken them to the top position.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Hobart Hurricanes (HUR):
Marcus Harris, Martin Guptill, Sam Harper (wk), Aaron Finch (c), Jonathan Wells, Mackenzie Harvey, Will Sutherland, Akeal Hosein, Tom Rogers, Kane Richardson, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Fawad Ahmed, Jake Fraser McGurk, David Moody, Corey Rocchiccioli
Melbourne Stars (STA):
Joe Clarke (wk), Thomas Rogers, Beau Webster, Marcus Stoinis, Hilton Cartwright, Nick Larkin, Campbell Kellaway, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Luke Wood, Trent Boult, Adam Zampa (c), Brody Couch, Liam Hatcher, Clint Hinchliffe, Tom O Connell, James Seymour