India vs South Africa
Legends Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 10 Sep, 07:30 PM (IST)
Series: Legends Match 1
Venue: Green Park Stadium – Kanpur, India
IND-L vs SA-L Dream11 Prediction:
- Sachin Tendulkar scored 233 runs in the 2021 campaign and he is our tip for India Legends’ highest run scorer in this game. With the ball, Yusuf Pathan took nine wickets in last year’s tournament and the off-spinner is well worth backing as India Legends’ top wicket taker against South Africa Legends.
- Keeper-batter Morne van Wyk top scored for South Africa Legends last year with 228 runs and he is a strong choice for their highest run scorer against India Legends. Pace bowler Makhaya Ntini took five wickets in the 2021 competition and he is our pick for South Africa Legends’ top wicket-taker in this fixture.
IND-L vs SA-L Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Colors Cineplex HD, Colors Cineplex, Colors Cineplex Superhits and Sports18 Khel.
Fans can stream the match on Voot.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Very humid with plenty of cloud cover throughout this opening game in Kanpur. There is a very slight chance of rain interrupting the fixture.
We expect this pitch to offer plenty of assistance to the spin bowlers and do not expect to see a very quick surface. A par score will be between 150 and 160.
Sri Lanka Legends were the only side to win the toss and choose to bat first last year. We predict that both teams will choose to field first if they win the toss in this match.
Team Form in Last Five Matches:
W, W, W, L, W
L, W, L, W, L
IND-L vs SA-L TEAM NEWS:
IND-L Team News:
There are five new players in the India Legends squad this year with Harbhajan Singh, Suresh Raina, Stuart Binny, Abhimanyu Mithun and Rahul Sharma joining up. They will add to the group although the squad has been weakened by Virender Sehwag’s withdrawal after scoring 214 runs last year.
SA-L Team News:
There will be at least three changes to the South Africa Legends side which went all the way to the semi-final stage last year. Justin Kemp, Roger Telemachus and Monde Zondeki are all not in the squad this year but the likes of Vernon Philander and Johan Botha are available to feature
IND-L vs SA-L Pre-Toss LineUps:
Small League Team: Pre-Toss
India Legends (IND-L)
- Sachin Tendulkar and Naman Ojha will probably open the inning.
- Suresh Raina will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Yuvraj Singh and Yusuf Pathan will handle the middle-order batting.
- Sachin Tendulkar will lead the India Legends as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Naman Ojha will do the Wicket Keeping for India Legends.
- Yusuf Pathan and Harbhajan Singh will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Vinay Kumar and Munaf Patel will lead the pace attack of his team.
South Africa Legends (SA-L)
- Jonty Rhodes and Alviro Petersen will probably open the inning.
- Morne van Wyk will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Garnett Kruger and Jacques Rudolph will handle the middle-order batting.
- Jonty Rhodes will lead the South Africa Legends as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Morne van Wyk will do the Wicket Keeping for South Africa Legends.
- Johan Botha will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Makhaya Ntini and Garnett Kruger will lead the pace attack of his team.
This should be an excellent contest to get the 2022 Road Safety World Series underway. Although last year’s clash between the sides was quite one-sided, we expect this game to be a lot closer. Overall, we are predicting a win for the 2021 Champions, India
India Legends are favorites to beat South Africa Legends
IND-L Key Players:
The 49 year old hit scores of 60 against South Africa Legends and 65 against West Indies Legends in last year’s tournament and will captain the side again this year.
The spinner turned out for Kolkata Knight Riders in the 2021 Indian Premier League and we expect him to still be producing the goods in this match.
The 39-year-old last played for the India Maharajas during the 2022 Legends League Cricket in January in Al Amerat. He was Player of the Match in the 2021 final of this tournament.
with Recent Form
Manpreet Gony [1W, 0W, ]
Harbhajan Singh [PTs: 0, CR: 8.5]
Sachin Tendulkar [0, 36, ]
Yuvraj Singh [1, 10*, ]
Yusuf Pathan [PTs: 0, CR: 9.5]
Suresh Raina [PTs: 0, CR: 9.5]
SA-L Key Players:
Morne van Wyk
The right handed opener was in fine form throughout the 2021 competition. He ended with consecutive scores of 53. 69*, 48 and 46.
The skipper hit 53 not out in South Africa Legends’ opening game against West Indies last year. He remains a very active fielder.
The right arm pace bowler went wicketless in the match against India Legends last year and will be keen to make amends in this clash.
with Recent Form
Garnett Kruger [0W, ]
Johan Botha [PTs: 0, CR: 8.5]
Morne van Wyk [10, ]
Jonty Rhodes [53*, ]
Lance Klusener [PTs: 0, CR: 9]
Vernon Philander [PTs: 0, CR: 9.5]
IND-L vs SA-L Team Forms:
IND-L Team Form:
India Legends lost only one match over the course of the inaugural tournament and come into this game looking for their fourth successive match.
SA-L Team Form:
South Africa Legends won four of their six group stage games last season but ended the competition with two defeats from three matches.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Sachin Tendulkar(C), Naman Ojha(WK), Suresh Raina, Yuvraj Singh, Yusuf Pathan, Irfan Pathan, Manpreet Gony, Harbhajan Singh, Munaf Patel, Pragyan Ojha, Vinay Kumar, Abhimanyu Mithun, Rahul Sharma, Rajesh Pawar, Subramaniam Badrinath, Stuart Binny
South Africa Legends:
Jonty Rhodes(C), Alviro Petersen, Morne van Wyk(WK), Garnett Kruger, Jacques Rudolph, Johan Botha, Johan van der Wath, Lance Klusener, Lloyd Norris-Jones, Makhaya Ntini, Vernon Philander, Andrew Puttick, Eddie Leie, Zander de Bruyn, Henry Davids, Thandi Tshabalala.