India vs Afghanistan
Asia Cup T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 08 Sep, 07:30 PM (IST)
Series: Asia Cup Super Four, Match 5
Venue: Dubai Intl. Cricket Stadium, Dubai
IND vs AFG Dream11 Prediction:
- Rohit Sharma struck 72 runs from 41 balls against Sri Lanka and the captain is well worth backing as India’s highest run scorer in this match. With the ball, Yuzvendra Chahal took 3-34 on Tuesday and the spinner is our tip for India’s top wicket taker against Afghanistan.
- Batting at number three, Ibrahim Zadran has had a very impressive tournament. The 20 year old right-hander is our pick for Afghanistan’s highest run scorer against India. Rashid Khan took 2-25 against Pakistan on Wednesday and he is a strong choice for Afghanistan’s top wicket taker in this game.
- Although the competition has not worked out well for India, we recommend backing Rohit Sharma to score over 22.5 runs in this clash.
IND vs AFG Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Star Sports Network and DD Sports.
Fans can stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Cloudless skies throughout this Super Four match in Dubai. The temperature will be no lower than 24 degrees from start to finish.
We have seen 12 wickets on this pitch in the last two games and combined scores of 363 and 347. There will be turn for the spinners as well as pace for the quick bowlers on this surface.
Venue Scoring Stats:
Total matches: 61
Batting first won: 34 (55%)
Bowling first won: 26 (42%)
1st inn avg score: 144
2nd inn avg score: 122
Highest Total: 211/3
Lowest Total: 71/10
Highest Chased: 183/5
Lowest Defended: 134/7
With both teams out of the running for progressing in the tournament, there will be a temptation to go against the grain and bat first. However, we expect the captains to elect to field first if they win the toss.
Team Form in Last Five Matches:
L, L, W, W, W
L, L, W, W, L
IND vs AFG TEAM NEWS:
IND Team News:
There are no new injuries in the India squad but we could well see some changes to the batting order with the 2022 Asia Cup trophy out of reach. Experienced spinner Ravichandran Ashwin came in for Ravi Bishnoi ahead of the defeat against Sri Lanka but we expect Ashwin to retain his place in the team.
AFG Team News:
After conceding 12 runs from the opening two balls of the final over to lose the game against Pakistan on Wednesday, Fazalhaq Farooqi will need his confidence rebuilt ahead of this match. Afghanistan came so close to winning Match 10 and we expect the same group to be selected
IND vs AFG Pre-Toss LineUps:
Small League Team: Pre-Toss
IND vs AFG Team Updates
- India has lost back-to-back games in the Super 4 stage of this season.
- India lost to Pakistan in the first Super 4 match and then lost to Sri Lanka in their second Super 4 game.
- Their batting towards the end of the innings has been their major area of concern in this Asia Cup. Their bowling hasn’t been great either in the Super 4 stages.
- Rohit Sharma and Lokesh Rahul will probably open the inning.
- Rohit Sharma was the highest fantasy points, gainer, in the previous match.
- Virat Kohli will bat at the one-down position.
- Virat Kohli is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Suryakumar Yadav and Hardik Pandya will handle the middle-order batting.
- Rohit Sharma will lead India as a Captain.
- Dinesh Karthik will do the Wicket Keeping for India.
- Yuzvendra Chahal and Ravichandran Ashwin will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Arshdeep Singh will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Afghanistan is coming off a defeat against Sri Lanka in their first Super 4 game.
- Afghanistan too shared a similar fate to India. They won both of their league stage games but started with a defeat in the Super 4 stage. They played against Pakistan yesterday, and they will be taking on India today.
- Hazratullah Zazai and Rahmanullah Gurbaz will probably open the inning.
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Ibrahim Zadran will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Najibullah-Zadran and Karim Janat will handle the middle-order batting.
- Mohammad Nabi will lead Afghanistan as a Captain. He is also a good Alrounder
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz will do the Wicket-Keeping for Afghanistan.
- Mujeeb-ur-Rahman and Rashid-Khan will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Fazal Haq and Naveen-ul-Haq will lead the pace attack of his team.
There will be a lack of real excitement before this game, with both teams disappointed that they can not progress to the final. However, we expect the match to deliver plenty of entertainment once it gets underway. We predict that Afghanistan will cause India problems at times but are backing India to win
India are favorites to beat Afghanistan at odds
IND Key Players:
The skipper has got his team off to a strong start in the last two fixtures. He hit five boundaries against Pakistan and nine boundaries against Sri Lanka.
The number three batter made an uncharacteristic four-ball duck against Sri Lanka. However, he is still averaging over 50 in this tournament.
the leg-spinner went wicketless in his opening two matches of the 2022 Asia Cup. However, he dismissed Sri Lanka’s entire top three in Match 9 and has four wickets from his last two games.
with Recent Form
[6, 28, 36 0, 30]
[0W,1W , 1W, 2W, 0W]
[17, 0 , (33*, 3W), 28, 1W]
[72, 28, 21, 12, 33]
[34, 13 , 68*, 18, 24]
[0, 60 , 53*, 35, 17]
AFG Key Players:
Only three players have scored more runs in this Asia Cup 2022 than the young keeper-batter. He has hit 12 sixes, more than any other batter in the 2022 Asia Cup.
The top order batter hit 35 runs from 37 balls on Wednesday. He has hit 117 runs from his last three innings for Afghanistan.
Although he got hit for two sixes in his final over, the leg-spinner produced another strong bowling performance against Pakistan. The 23 year old has 116 wickets in this format.
with Recent Form
[1W, 0W, 2W, 5, 1W]
[13, 23, 37*, 6, 39]
[17, 43*, 2*, 50, 42]
[2W, 3W, 2W, 0W, 2W]
[1W, 3W, 0W, 2W, 0W, 0W]
[84, 11, 40, 24, 53]
IND Team Form:
India have not played poor cricket in their last two games but must win this match to avoid their third successive defeat in the format.
AFG Team Form:
Afghanistan began the competition with dominant performances but have not managed to get over the winning line in their last two matches.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Rohit Sharma(C), Lokesh Rahul, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Rishabh Pant(WK), Dinesh Karthik(WK), Ravichandran Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Arshdeep Singh, Axar Patel, Avesh Khan, Deepak Chahar, Deepak Hooda, Ravi Bishnoi
Hazratullah Zazai, Rahmanullah Gurbaz(WK), Ibrahim Zadran, Najibullah-Zadran, Karim Janat, Mohammad Nabi(C), Azmatullah Omarzai, Fareed Malik, Rashid-Khan, Fazal Haq, Mujeeb-ur-Rahman, Hashmatullah Shahidi, Usman Ghani, Sharafuddin Ashraf, Nijat Masood, Qais Ahmad, Afsar Zazai(WK), Noor Ahmad, Samiullah Shinwari, Naveen-ul-Haq.