India vs Australia
2nd Test Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 17 Feb, 09:30 AM (IST)
Series: 2nd Test Match
Venue: Arun Jaitley Stadium – New Delhi, India
IND vs AUS Dream11 Prediction:
- Rohit Sharma hit 120 runs at the top of the order in his only innings of the First Test. We are backing India’s skipper to be their highest run scorer in Delhi. Ravindra Jadeja took 5-47 in Australia’s first innings and the bowling all-rounder will enjoy the conditions again in this game. He is our tip for India’s top wicket taker in the Second Test.
- Steve Smith hit 25 not out in Australia’s second innings total of 91 all out and is a strong player of spin. The former skipper is our pick for Australia’s highest run scorer in this match. Nathan Lyon has 461 Test wickets and we expect the off-spinner to be Australia’s top wicket taker in this game.
- We recommend selecting Rohit Sharma to score over 29.5 runs in the first innings of this Test.
IND vs AUS Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Star Sports, BT Sport, Foxtel and Kayo.
Fans can stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
It will be mostly sunny with some cloudy spells across the five days in Delhi. We expect the top temperature to increase from 28 degrees on Day 1 to the early 30s for the rest of the Test.
This venue always offers a lot for the spin bowlers and we expect significant turn from Day 3 onwards. A par score in the first innings of the game will be over 450.
The pitch will be at its flattest over the first two days of the Test and we predict that both captains will choose to bat first if they win the toss.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
W, W, W, L, W
L, D, W, W, W
IND vs AUS TEAM NEWS:
IND Team News:
As expected, Srikar Bharat made his international debut in the First Test in Nagpur and he will keep his place in India’s side in Delhi. Shreyas Iyer missed the opening game but is back in the squad and coach Rahul Dravid has said that he will play if he can prove his fitness.
AUS Team News:
After being completely outplayed by India in the opening Test in Nagpur, Queensland spinner Matt Kuhnemann has been added to the squad ahead of this game in Delhi. Mitchell Swepson has gone home for the birth of his first child but Cameron Green is expected to be fit for this match.
IND vs AUS Pre-Toss LineUps:
2. Lokesh Rahul
3. C Pujara
4. Virat Kohli
5. S Gill/S Yadav
6. K Srikar-Bharat(WK)
7. Ravindra Jadeja
8. Axar Patel
9. Ravichandran Ashwin
10. Mohammed Shami
11. Mohammed Siraj
2. David Warner
3. M Labuschagne
4. Steven Smith
5. Travis Head
6. P Handscomb(WK)
7. Alex Carey(WK)
8. Pat Cummins(C)
9. Nathan Lyon
10. Todd Murphy
11. Scott Boland
IND vs AUS Team Updates:
IND Team Updates
- India is likely to make 1 change in their playing 11 bringing in Shubhman Gill in place of Surya Kumar Yadav.
- Rohit Sharma and Lokesh Rahul will probably open the inning.
- Cheteshwar Pujara will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Virat Kohli and Suryakumar Yadav will handle the middle-order batting.
- Rohit Sharma will lead the India as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Kona Srikar-Bharat will do the Wicket Keeping for India.
- Ravindra Jadeja and Ravichandran Ashwin will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Ravindra Jadeja The man of the match, with 8 wickets and a fifty plus score, he will be cruicial once again
- Mohammed Shami and Mohammed Siraj will lead the pace attack of his team.
AUS Team Updates
- There are likely to be 3 changes in the Australia team for the 2nd test match.
- David Warner who has failed to score runs from the last 3-4 years apart from the 300, is likely to be replaced while Mitchell Starc is expected to get fit and replace Scott Boland.
- Usman Khawaja and David Warner will probably open the inning.
- Marnus Labuschagne will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Steven Smith and Travis Head will handle the middle-order batting.
- Pat Cummins will lead the Australia as a Captain. He is also a good Bowler
- Peter Handscomb will do the Wicket Keeping for Australia.
- Nathan Lyon will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Scott Boland/Mitchell Starc and Pat Cummins will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Todd Murphy is having topmost fantasy points in this series.He made a wonderful debut for Australia picking up 7 wickets in the first innings.
The First Test may not have been as competitive as some pundits were predicting but the match was still extremely entertaining and we expect more of the same in this game. Australia are never a team who roll over and refuse to fight. They will look to bat longer and not throw away any wickets whilst batting in this Test. However, India have the players with the ability and experience of performing in this country. We are predicting another victory for India.
India are favorites to beat Australia
IND Key Players:
Rohit Sharma –
The right-handed opener was a level above all other batters in the opening Test. He struck 15 fours and two sixes whilst making the only century of the match.
Virat Kohli –
The former skipper missed out in Nagpur but has excellent memories of this venue after scoring 243 and 50 in his last Test at this ground.
Ravindra Jadeja –
The all-rounder returned to India’s Test side and took seven wickets with the ball and hit 70 runs with the bat. He will get plenty of turn again on this pitch.
AUS Key Players:
Steve Smith –
The former captain looked the most comfortable of all of Australia’s batters in the opening Test. He finished unbeaten in the second innings and will be the key wicket for India.
Todd Murphy –
The off-spinner made his debut in Nagpur and was Australia’s standout player. He took 7-124 in his only innings with the ball and will be keen to bowl on this surface.
Nathan Lyon –
The off-spinner was outbowled by his inexperienced team-mate but did produce many fine deliveries. His experience will be crucial if Australia are to get back into the series in this game.
IND vs AUS Team Forms:
IND Team Form:
India are targeting their fourth successive win in this format and were excellent in the opening Test.
AUS Team Form:
Australia have not won either of their last two Tests after a draw with South Africa and the heavy defeat in Nagpur.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
IND vs AUS SQUAD:
Rohit Sharma(C), Lokesh Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli, Shubman Gill, Suryakumar Yadav, Kona Srikar-Bharat(WK), Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Mohammed Shami, Mohammed Siraj, Ishan Kishan(WK), Shreyas Iyer, Jaydev Unadkat, Kuldeep Yadav, Umesh Yadav
Usman Khawaja, David Warner, Marnus Labuschagne, Steven Smith, Travis Head, Peter Handscomb(WK), Alex Carey(WK), Pat Cummins(C), Nathan Lyon, Todd Murphy, Scott Boland, Josh Hazlewood, Mitchell Swepson, Matthew Kuhnemann, Matt Renshaw, Cameron Green, Ashton Agar, Mitchell Starc, Lance Morris