IND vs AUS Dream11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips, Playing 11, Pitch Report, Team Info & Dream11 Team for 3rd Test Match 2023
India vs Australia
3rd Test Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 01 Mar, 09:30 AM (IST)
Series: 3rd Test Match
Venue: Holkar Cricket Stadium – Indore, India
- Virat Kohli averages 48.49 in Test cricket and the right-hander is a strong choice to be India’s highest run scorer in this game. Ravichandran Ashwin has taken 14 wickets across the first two Tests and the spinner is our pick for India’s top wicket taker in this match.
- Steve Smith has scored 30 Test centuries and the right-handed batter is well worth backing as Australia’s highest run scorer in Indore. Nathan Lyon took seven wickets across the Second Test and the off-spinner is our tip for Australia’s top wicket taker in this Test.
- We recommend backing Ravichandran Ashwin to take over 2.5 wickets in the first innings of this Test.
This match will be shown live on Star Sports, BT Sport, Foxtel and Kayo.
Fans can stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
There could be some cloud cover on Day 1 of the Test but the forecast is for clear skies and hot temperatures across the entire five days.
Once again we expect to see a spin friendly surface for this Test Match. Batting will be easiest on Days 2 and 3 with a par score of over 450 in the first innings.
Australia have won the toss ahead of both games and chose to bat each time. We predict that both captains will want to bat first again in this Test.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
W, W, W, W, L
L, L, D, W, W
IND Team News:
Ahead of this Test, there has been debate over the spot of KL Rahul at the top of the order alongside Rohit Sharma for India. He was dismissed in unfortunate fashion in the second innings of the Second Test and has Shubman Gill in the squad keen to take his place.
IND vs AUS Pre-Toss LineUps:
AUS Team News:
We expect to see at least three changes to Australia’s XI from the Second Test. David Warner has returned home with an elbow fracture and captain Pat Cummins has gone home due to an illness to his mother. All-rounder Cameron Green will come in for his first appearance of the series after recovering from injury.
IND Team Updates
- India defeated Australia by 6 wickets in the second Test to take an unassailable lead of 2-0 in the four-match series.
- Chasing a target of 115 in the fourth innings, India comfortably reached home, thanks to Cheteshwar Pujaras unbeaten 31.
- KL Rahul has been removed from vice captaincy and his spot is under genuine threat from Shubman Gill.
- Rohit Sharma and Lokesh Rahul/Shubhman Gill will probably open the inning.
- Cheteshwar Pujara will bat at the one-down position.
- Virat Kohli and Shreyas Iyer will handle the middle-order batting.
- Rohit Sharma will lead the India as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Kona Srikar-Bharat will do the Wicket Keeping for India.
- KS Bharat glovework has been quite good and he also looked solid in defence. Axar, Jadeja, and Ashwin will continue to prove to be a nightmare for the visitors.
- Ravindra Jadeja and Ravichandran Ashwin will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Ravindra Jadeja is having topmost fantasy points in this series. He got man of the match due to his exceptional 7 wickets haul in the 2nd innings.
- Mohammed Shami and Mohammed Siraj will lead the pace attack of his team.
AUS Team Updates
- Skipper Pat Cummins has travelled to Australia due to a family illness but he will be back for the start of the third test.
- Hazlewood has been ruled out the series. Ashton Agar and Matt Renshaw could join him on the flight back.
- Mitchell Starc and Cameron Green could start this game. Kuhnemann was ineffective and could be dropped. Travis Head might replace David Warner for the opening slot.
- Usman Khawaja and Travis Head will probably open the inning.
- Usman Khawaja has looked good with the bat against the Indian spinners, he will be looking to put a good performance once again.
- Marnus Labuschagne will bat at the one-down position.
- Steven Smith and Peter Handscomb will handle the middle-order batting.
- Steven Smith will lead the Australia as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Alex Carey will do the Wicket Keeping for Australia.
- Todd Murphy and Nathan Lyon will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Todd Murphy is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Nathan Lyon was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Cameron Green and Mitchell Starc will lead the pace attack of his team.
Even if Australia had the likes of David Warner and Pat Cummins available for this game, alongside the all-rounder Cameron Green, India would still be the choice of most pundits to win this match easily. However, without those key players, the task for Australia looks particularly tough. India’s lower-middle order batting has been very impressive in the series so far and someone always manages to make a score or a good partnership for the team. Our prediction is for India to win this Test and go 3-0 up in the series.
India are favorites to beat Australia
IND Key Players:
Virat Kohli –
The right-handed former skipper looked in excellent form before being given out to a very close decision in the last game. He also became the fastest player to bring up 25,000 international runs.
Ravichandran Ashwin –
The off-spinning bowling all-rounder has taken at least three wickets in every innings of this series so far and looks dangerous whenever he comes on to bowl.
Ravindra Jadeja –
After impressing with both bat and ball in the First Test, the left-arm spinner produced his Test best figures of 7-42 in the second innings of the Second Test.
AUS Key Players:
Steve Smith –
The middle order batter will return to the captaincy which he lost in South Africa back in 2018. His Test batting average goes up to 67.73 as skipper.
Mitchell Starc –
The left-arm pace bowler will make his first appearance of the tour although he is not 100% recovered from a finger injury. He has a real wicket taking ability with his speed and left-arm angle.
Nathan Lyon –
The off-spinner was back to his best in the Second Test and with a few more runs on the board could have spun Australia to victory.
IND Team Form:
India have won four Tests in a row since their one-off game, to conclude the 2021 series, against England last year.
AUS Team Form:
Australia are looking to end a run of three successive Tests without a win, a streak which began with a drawn Sydney Test against South Africa.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Rohit Sharma(C), Lokesh Rahul, Shubman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Ravindra Jadeja, Kona Srikar-Bharat(WK), Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Mohammed Shami, Mohammed Siraj, Ishan Kishan(WK), Suryakumar Yadav, Jaydev Unadkat, Kuldeep Yadav, Umesh Yadav
Usman Khawaja, Travis Head, Marnus Labuschagne, Steven Smith(C), Peter Handscomb(WK), Alex Carey(WK), Cameron Green, Scott Boland, Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, Todd Murphy, Mitchell Swepson, Josh Hazlewood, Matthew Kuhnemann, David Warner, Matt Renshaw, Ashton Agar, Pat Cummins, Lance Morris