India vs Australia
1st T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 20 Sep, 07:30 PM (IST)
Series: 1st T20 Match
Venue: Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium, Mohali
- Australia is set to tour India for a 4th coming T20I series. During Australia’s tour of India in 2022, 3 match T20I series will be play is both teams. The Australia tour of India 2022 will only witness a T20I series. Both teams are expected to come up with their top players during the series. India will announce their squad for the series soon.
- The 3 T20I games will take place on 20 & 23rd & 25th Sep. India played a T20I, ODI, and Test series against Australia. India lost the ODI series 1-2 but won the T20I series 2-1 and the Test series 2-1.
- Virat Kohli averaged 92.00 across the 2022 Asia Cup and the right-hander is our pick for India’s highest run scorer in this match. Jasprit Bumrah returns to the India side for the first time since July after missing recent tours. He is well worth backing as India’s top wicket taker against Australia.
- Aaron Finch has scored 19 international white-ball centuries including two in IT20s. The opener and skipper is our tip for Australia’s highest run scorer in this game. Adam Zampa has taken 10 wickets from his last five internationals and he is a strong choice for Australia’s top wicket taker against India.
- With a reputation for performing on the big stage, we recommend backing Virat Kohli to score over 27.5 runs in this match.
This match will be shown live on Sony Sports Network and Sky Sports.
Fans can stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar and Sky Go.
Weather & Pitch Report:
There will be a threat of thunderstorms throughout this game although we expect the match not to be interrupted. Humidity levels will be high with the temperature above 27 degrees from start to finish.
As seen earlier in Mohali, the first T20 match will be played in Mohali. The surface is quite flat. It has historically been a high-scoring venue, with an average first innings score of 150. In such a situation, the team which will bowl first after winning the toss will be helped to bat later. Due to dew, the ball will slip and the bowlers will get less help. This will directly benefit the batsmen. The match will start at 7.30 pm. But at what time the dew will start falling, has to be seen.
Two of the last nine white ball international matches at this ground have been won by the team batting first. We predict that both skippers will choose to bat first in this clash.
Team Form in Last Five Matches:
W, L, L, W, W
L, W, W, W, L
IND Team News:
After impressing across his first experiences of international cricket since making his debut in early July, left-arm pace bowler Arshdeep Singh has been rested for this series. Pace bowlers Mohammed Shami and Jasprit Bumrah are both expected to return to the side.
AUS Team News:
The visitors are expected to experiment across this series and have some of the their frontline players not on the trip. David Warner, Mitchell Marsh, Marcus Stoinis and Mitchell Starc are all absent from the tour. Experienced batter, Steve Smith, is expected to bat at number three.
PAK vs ENG Pre-Toss LineUps:
Small League Team: Pre-Toss
- India will be aiming to get back to winning ways after a dismal Asia Cup 2022 campaign.
- Undoubtedly the focus will be on the returning Bumrah and Patel in the first T20I. Both players missed Asia Cup due to injuries and would now be eager to show full fitness.
- Both are India’s vital bowlers in the death overs. If they show full form, then India can defend any target. Apart from Bumrah and Patel, KL Rahul’s form also will be monitored as he is yet to hit top gear.
- Rohit Sharma and Lokesh Rahul will probably open the inning.
- Virat Kohli will bat at the one-down position.
- Suryakumar Yadav and Hardik Pandya will handle the middle-order batting.
- Rohit Sharma will lead the India as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Dinesh Karthik will do the Wicket Keeping for India.
- Yuzvendra Chahal and Axar Patel will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Jasprit Bumrah and Bhuvneshwar Kumar will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Australia, the defending champions would like to put on dominating display.
- For Australia, it will be about managing to avoid batting collapses. In recent times, they are unable to post 160 plus scores on a consistent basis.
- Aaron Finch has not got going and that has put pressure on middle-order batters. Australia have included Tim David, and his inclusion should resolve their finishing woes.
- Aaron Finch and Josh Inglis will probably open the inning.
- Steven Smith will bat at the one-down position.
- Matthew Wade and Glenn Maxwell will handle the middle-order batting.
- Aaron Finch will lead the Australia as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Josh Inglis will do the Wicket Keeping for Australia.
- Glenn Maxwell and Adam Zampa will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Josh Hazlewood and Pat Cummins will lead the pace attack of his team.
Whenever India and Australia go head to head in any format, the eyes of the cricketing world are on them and this opening game of the series will be no different. Without Mitchell Starc, Australia may be lacking in the pace bowling department and we are backing India to win this game.
India is the favorite to beat Australia at the odds.
IND Key Players:
India’s former captain scored a century and two fifties during the 2022 Asia Cup. He averages 51.94 in this format.
The big-hitting right handed opener scored 72 runs from 41 balls in his last IT20 against Sri Lanka earlier this month.
the right arm fast bowler has 318 wickets across all international formats. He took 10 wickets across his last three international appearances.
AUS Key Players:
The right handed opener has recently announced his retirement from ODI cricket and will be keen to find form ahead of the 2022 T20 World Cup.
The all-rounder is an explosive short format player. He has a top score of 145 not out in IT20s with best bowling figures of 3-10.
The leg spinner has been in excellent form for his country over the past two years. He has 71 wickets in IT20s.
IND Team Form:
India inflicted a heavy defeat over Afghanistan in their final Super Fours fixture of the 2022 Asia Cup. The win ended a run of two successive defeats in this format.
AUS Team Form:
Australia had won three successive games in this format before their four wicket defeat to Sri Lanka in Pallekele in mid-June.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Rohit Sharma(C), Lokesh Rahul, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Dinesh Karthik(WK), Axar Patel, Harshal Patel, Yuzvendra Chahal, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Deepak Chahar, Rishabh Pant(WK), Deepak Hooda, Ravichandran Ashwin, Mohammed Shami
Aaron Finch(C), Josh Inglis(WK), Steven Smith, Matthew Wade(WK), Glenn Maxwell, Cameron Green, Tim David, Sean Abbott, Pat Cummins, Josh Hazlewood, Adam Zampa, Kane Richardson, Ashton Agar, Daniel Sams, Nathan Ellis.