ENG vs IND Tips, Stats & Team for Today Match Prediction
Match: ENG vs IND Test Match Prediction
Time: 12 August, 03:30 PM (IST)
Venue: Lords Cricket Ground – London, England
- Joe Root scored 173 runs in the First Test at Trent Bridge including a century and a half-century. No other England player hit a 50 and he is our pick for England’s leading run scorer in this match. Jimmy Anderson took 4-54 in Nottingham and bowled with excellent accuracy and control. He is an excellent choice for England’s top wicket taker at Lord’s.
- Virat Kohli only faced 1 ball at Trent Bridge but we expect him to show his class in this Test. The captain is our tip for India’s leading run scorer in this game. With the ball, Jasprit Bumrah took 9 wickets during the First Test and was a threat throughout for England’s batsmen. We recommend Bumrah as India’s top wicket taker in this game.
- England’s bowler Ollie Robinson took his first 5-wicket haul in Test cricket in the First Test and is a talented batsman. He returns to the site of his Test debut where he took 7 wickets against New Zealand earlier this year. We expect his main rival for the player of the match award to be Virat Kohli. Overall we are backing Kohli to take the award in this Test.
Live Streaming: The match can be watched live on Sky Cricket in the UK and on the Sony Sports Network in India. In Australia it will be shown on Fox Cricket, SuperSport will show it in Africa with Willow TV in the USA.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Earlier in the year in the England v New Zealand Test we saw centurions on both sides. The pitch will favour pace bowlers over spin.
The overhead conditions certainly look like favouring the batting side and we predict both captains will choose to field first in this match.
D, L, D L, L
❌ ❌ ❌ ❌ ❌
D, L, W, W, W
❌ ❌ ✅ ✅ ✅
ENG Team News:
A right-calf injury for Stuart Broad, picked up in the nets on Tuesday, is likely to see Mark Wood come in as his replacement. Dan Lawrence and Zak Crawley are also likely to be dropped with Ollie Pope and Haseeb Hameed coming in. Moeen Ali may also replace Sam Curran to provide a spin option.
IND Team News:
With sunny weather forecast at Lord’s, we expect to see Ravichandran Ashwin return to the XI in place of all-rounder Shardul Thakur who performed admirably in Nottingham. KL Rahul impressed at the top of the order but India’s 3,4 and 5 need to start delivering with the bat again.
C & VC Options for SL:
Who will win today match: IND vs ENG Test Match Fantasy Team
India were certainly the better team over the first three days in Nottingham but England fought back strongly with a Joe Root century on the penultimate day. It is all set up for another fascinating Test Match with every chance of a result this time. We are backing England to win a very close game.
ENG Key Players:
England’s captain has over 1000 Test runs in 2021 with potentially another 8 Tests still to play. He is in the form of his life.
The most consistent of England’s inexperienced and mis-firing top 3. Burns scored a century at Lord’s against New Zealand earlier this summer.
the timeless swing bowler continues to get better with age. He has now passed Anil Kumble in the all-time Test wicket takers list.
IND Key Players:
India’s captain only got one opportunity with the bat at Trent Bridge and lasted 1 ball. He will be very eager to show his batting skills at Lord’s.
The all-rounder continues to have a fine record in Test cricket and he showed his batting skills with a counter-attacking 56. The conditions should favour his bowling in this Test.
The fast bowler was on top form in Nottingham causing England’s top order and lower order problems while taking 9 wickets.
ENG Team Form:
- England showed signs of improvement with the bat in the second innings at Trent Bridge. Their bowling is very strong but the team has not experienced a Test win in 6 games.
IND Team Form:
- India have not won in their last two Tests, both in England. However, expect their batting to improve as the series progresses.
Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli(c), Ajinkya Rahane, Rishabh Pant(w), Ravindra Jadeja, Mohammed Shami, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ishant Sharma, Umesh Yadav, Suryakumar Yadav, Hanuma Vihari, Axar Patel, Abhimanyu Easwaran, Prithvi Shaw, Mayank Agarwal, Wriddhiman Saha
+ Ground and Pitch info about
Lords Cricket Ground – London, England
Last FC Matches on this Ground:
1. England v New Zealand
NZ 378-10& 169-6
ENG 275-10 & 170-3
Pacer – 21
Spinner – 2
Rory Burns – 132R
Joe Root – 42R & 40R
Dominic Sibley – 69*R
Ollie Robinson – 4/75 & 3/26
Mark Wood – 3/81
James Anderson – 2/83
2. Middlesex v Hampshire
MID 172-10 & 101-10
HAM 208-10 & 66-3
Pacer – 33
Spinner – 0
3. Middlesex v Gloucestershire
MID 210-10 & 152-10
GLO 272-10 & 93-3
Pacer – 27
Spinner – 5
4. Middlesex v Surrey
SUR 154-10 & 130-10
MID 268-10 & 18-0
Pacer – 28
Spinner – 1
Rory Burns- 8R & 54R
Olie Pope – 22R & 32R
Pacer – 109
Spinner – 08
Players Form @Lords Cricket Ground – London, England & H2H Stats:
ENG @Lords Cricket Ground – London, England & H2H Against IND:
IND @Lords Cricket Ground – London, England & H2H Against ENG:
Player Form Sheet:
Make necessary changes if any player absent
*Above GL Team Guide Images for Guide only.
*You can make necessary changes as per your choice.
*Above Team maybe Highly risky so play at your own risk.
*for final team check here in the last 15mins of the match deadline.
*You can also make some other combination by changing 1-2 players with help of Team Guide.
Best of Luck.
> We have mentioned the expected playing 11 as per our cricket knowledge. You can change the fantasy team once the playing 11 is out.