ENG vs IND Tips, Stats & Team for Today Match Prediction
Match: ENG vs IND Test Match Prediction
Time: 25 August, 03:30 PM (IST)
Venue: Headingley Stadium – Leeds, England
- Joe Root has hit 1277 runs in Test cricket during 2021 and made another unbeaten century at Lord’s. The England captain is an excellent tip for England’s leading run scorer in this Test. With the ball, Jimmy Anderson took his 31st 5-wicket haul in Test cricket at Lord’s. With Mark Wood and Stuart Broad out through injury, Anderson is a good bet for England’s top wicket taker at Headingley.
- KL Rahul has made scores of 84 & 129 in the series so far. He is our recommendation for India’s highest run scorer in this Test. Mohammad Siraj took 4 wickets in both innings at Lord’s and is well worth backing as India’s top wicket taker against England in this Test.
- The England captain is streets ahead of any other batsman on his team and we expect him and KL Rahul to be in the running for the player of the match award. Playing at his home ground, we expect to see Joe Root take the prize.
Live Streaming: The match can be watched live on Sky Cricket in the UK and on the Sony Sports Network in India. In Australia it will be shown on Fox Cricket, SuperSport will show it in Africa with Willow TV in the USA.
Weather & Pitch Report:
This is the first Test Match at Headingley since the famous Ashes Test of 2019. In that game the two highest team totals were in the 3rd and 4th innings. Do not be surprised if we see the same in this match.
There is always the temptation to insert the opposition at Headingley if the conditions are attractive for bowlers. However, the weather does not look too cloudy and we expect both captains to choose to bat first.
D, L, D L, L
❌ ❌ ❌ ❌ ❌
D, L, W, W, W
❌ ❌ ✅ ✅ ✅
ENG Team News:
Opener Dom Sibley and Zak Lawrence have been dropped from the England squad from Lord’s with Dawid Malan called up to the side. Pace bowler Mark Wood injured his shoulder in the Second Test and will not play at Headingley. We expect Saqib Mahmood to make his Test debut in this match.
IND Team News:
After the fantastic Day 5 victory at Lord’s, India may well be tempted to bring in Ravichandran Ashwin for Ravindra Jadeja at Headingley. This would lengthen their already long tail but Mohammed Shami and Jasprit Bumrah showed that they can make more than handy runs in the last Test.
C & VC Options for SL:
Who will win today match: IND vs ENG Test Match Fantasy Team
England’s batting line-up looks a lot more solid with the addition of Dawid Malan and if England can make a substantial 1st Innings score then they will be very competitive in this match. India were very motivated at Lord’s and will be the same in Leeds. Overall we expect India to be too strong for England and to go 2-0 up in the series.
ENG Key Players:
The England captain is in the form of his life with the bat. We expect to see more runs from Root at his home ground.
Apart from Joe Root, the opener is the only other England player to have made a Test century this year. However, his place is by no means secure.
England’s greatest ever bowler showed no signs of a supposed quad injury ahead of the Lord’s Test. He has caused India’s batters problems throughout the series.
IND Key Players:
The opening batter was not in the starting XI until a couple of days before the First Test. However, he has cemented his place at the top of the order with big first innings runs.
India’s latest pace bowler took 8 wickets at Lord’s and bowled with hostility, control and aggression throughout the Test.
The leader of the bowling attack went wicketless in England’s 1st Innings at Lord’s before striking with the 3rd ball of England’s 2nd Innings.
ENG Team Form:
- Joe Root’s side have not won any of their last 7 Test Matches. Their batting is a serious concern with the hope that Dawid Malan’s return can provide some solidity at the top of the order.
IND Team Form:
- After four successive games without victory, India registered their first Test win in England since 2018 at Lord’s. In spite of batting issues, India look far stronger than England in the opening Tests.
Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli(c), Ajinkya Rahane, Rishabh Pant(w), Ravindra Jadeja, Mohammed Shami, Ishant Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj, Wriddhiman Saha, Ravichandran Ashwin, Umesh Yadav, Mayank Agarwal, Suryakumar Yadav, Hanuma Vihari, Shardul Thakur, Axar Patel, Abhimanyu Easwaran, Prithvi Shaw
+ Ground and Pitch info about
Headingley Stadium – Leeds, England
Last FC Matches on this Ground:
1. Yorkshire v Sussex
SUS 313-10 & 215-10
Pacer – 23
Spinner – 7
David Malan – 199R
2. Yorkshire v Kent
Pacer – 16
Spinner – 3
Zak Crawley – 90R
Joe Root – 40R
3. Yorkshire v Northamptonshire
YOR 206-10 & 247-10
NOR 234-10 & 218-10
Pacer – 37
Spinner – 2
Pacer – 76
Spinner – 12
Players Form @ Headingley Stadium – Leeds, England & H2H Stats:
ENG @ Headingley Stadium – Leeds, England & H2H Against IND:
IND @ Headingley Stadium – Leeds, England & H2H Against ENG:
Player Form Sheet:
Make necessary changes if any player absent
*Above GL Team Guide Images for Guide only.
*You can make necessary changes as per your choice.
*Above Team maybe Highly risky so play at your own risk.
*for final team check here in the last 15mins of the match deadline.
*You can also make some other combination by changing 1-2 players with help of Team Guide.
Best of Luck.
> We have mentioned the expected playing 11 as per our cricket knowledge. You can change the fantasy team once the playing 11 is out.