ENG vs IND Tips, Stats & Team for Today Match Prediction
Match: ENG vs IND Test Match Prediction
Time: 02 September, 03:30 PM (IST)
Venue: Kennington Oval – London, England
- Joe Root’s incredible year continued in the last Test with another century. He is the obvious choice for England’s highest run scorer at The Oval. Ollie Robinson took 7 wickets at Headingley and is an excellent tip for England’s top wicket taker in this Test.
- Virat Kohli hit 55 in the second innings in Leeds and knows that he needs to make a big contribution to wrestle the initiative away from England. He is a good bet for India’s top run scorer in the Fourth Test. With the ball, Jasprit Bumrah continues to cause the England batsmen the most problems and he is our recommendation for India’s top wicket taker against England.
- With the series at such a crucial juncture, we are expecting the captains to step up to the plate and put in big performances with the bat. Our prediction is that Joe Root will come out on the top and take the Player of The Match Award.
Live Streaming: The match can be watched live on Sky Cricket in the UK and on the Sony Sports Network in India. In Australia it will be shown on Fox Cricket, SuperSport will show it in Africa with Willow TV in the USA.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The pitch at The Oval has been conducive to spin bowlers over recent seasons and typically turns towards Day 4 and Day 5 in Test Matches.
Most captains choose to bat first in Tests at The Oval irrespective of the overhead conditions. Even considering how India batted in the first innings at Headingley, we expect both teams to opt to bat if they win the toss.
W, L, D, L, D
❌ ❌ ❌ ❌ ❌
L, W, D, L, W
❌ ✅ ❌ ❌ ✅
ENG Team News:
There will be at least one guaranteed change for England after Headingley with Jos Buttler away on paternity leave and Jonny Bairstow taking the gloves. We expect Ollie Pope to come into the middle order of the batting line-up with Mark Wood replacing Sam Curran in the bowling attack.
IND Team News:
Changes are expected to the India line-up with Ravichandran Ashwin expected to return to the side. Ishant Sharma’s place is also under threat after an underwhelming performance at Headingley. We expect to see Ashwin come in for Sharma as the only change to the side.
C & VC Options for SL:
Who will win today match: IND vs ENG Test Match Fantasy Team
This series continues to deliver entertaining cricket throughout with England now seemingly holding the upper hand after a big win at Headingley. However, the batting frailties will no doubt return if there is a top order collapse. We expect to see a very close Test at The Oval with England winning to go 2-1 up in the series.
ENG Key Players:
2021 continues to be the best personally for Joe Root’s batting. He has 6 Test centuries this year and his career average is now 50.38.
The pace bowler has taken to Test cricket with impressive ease. In 4 Tests he has taken 23 wickets including 7 in the last match.
This is a key Test for Bairstow who will return to his favoured position as wicket-keeper. Since his recall he has averaged 29.4 with the bat.
IND Key Players:
The India captain has not scored a Test century since November 2019 but looked determined in his second innings half-century at Headingley.
The spin bowler caused England all sorts of problems in India earlier this year and also enjoyed a brief spell with Surrey at The Oval earlier this summer.
The pace bowler has 14 wickets with only Ollie Robinson having taken more wickets so far in the series.
ENG Team Form:
- The win at Headingley was England’s first Test success in eight games. If the batting is now going to be more stable then the form will surely turn around.
IND Team Form:
- Any good form India had built up was quickly destroyed in the opening two sessions at Headingley. They remain susceptible to the moving ball in England.
Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli(c), Ajinkya Rahane, Rishabh Pant(w), Ravindra Jadeja, Ishant Sharma, Mohammed Shami, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj, Ravichandran Ashwin, Shardul Thakur, Hanuma Vihari, Mayank Agarwal, Prithvi Shaw, Wriddhiman Saha, Umesh Yadav, Suryakumar Yadav, Axar Patel, Abhimanyu Easwaran, Prasidh Krishna
+ Ground and Pitch info about
Headingley Stadium – Leeds, England
Last FC Matches on this Ground:
1. Yorkshire v Sussex
SUS 313-10 & 215-10
Pacer – 23
Spinner – 7
David Malan – 199R
2. Yorkshire v Kent
Pacer – 16
Spinner – 3
Zak Crawley – 90R
Joe Root – 40R
3. Yorkshire v Northamptonshire
YOR 206-10 & 247-10
NOR 234-10 & 218-10
Pacer – 37
Spinner – 2
Pacer – 76
Spinner – 12
Players Form @ Headingley Stadium – Leeds, England & H2H Stats:
ENG @ Headingley Stadium – Leeds, England & H2H Against IND:
IND @ Headingley Stadium – Leeds, England & H2H Against ENG:
Player Form Sheet:
Top Team Batsmens:
Joe Root, Rory Burns and Dawid Malan are our recommendations for England’s top First Innings batsmen. Root continues to pile on the runs and the centuries in 2021.
For India, we are backing Virat Kohli, Cheteshwar Pujara and Rohit Sharma as the top batters. Both Kohli and Pujara showed that they are still able to make useful contributions in England.
Top Team Bowlers:
We have Jimmy Anderson, Ollie Robinson and Mark Wood as the top bowlers for England. No bowler has taken more wickets than Robinson in this series.
Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj and Mohammed Shami are our tips with the ball for India. Bumrah and Siraj have both been accurate and aggressive throughout the series.
Make necessary changes if any player absent
*Above GL Team Guide Images for Guide only.
*You can make necessary changes as per your choice.
*Above Team maybe Highly risky so play at your own risk.
*for final team check here in the last 15mins of the match deadline.
*You can also make some other combination by changing 1-2 players with help of Team Guide.
Best of Luck.
> We have mentioned the expected playing 11 as per our cricket knowledge. You can change the fantasy team once the playing 11 is out.