ENG vs IND Tips, Stats & Team for Today Match Prediction
Match: ENG vs IND Test Match Prediction
Time: 10 September, 03:30 PM (IST)
Venue: Old Trafford – Manchester, England
- Joe Root did not top score for England in either innings at The Oval but still contributed 57 runs across the game. The captain is our tip for England’s highest run scorer at Old Trafford. We expect Mark Wood to come into the side in this Final Test and he is a good bet for England’s top wicket taker.
- Rohit Sharma hit his first overseas Test century in the Fourth Test and the opener is a strong choice for India’s highest run scorer in this game. Jasprit Bumrah took his 100th Test wicket in the final innings at The Oval and is our recommendation for India’s top wicket taker in this match.
- England have only been able to beat India in Test cricket in 2021 when Joe Root has scored a century against them. With the series on the line, we expect the Player of The Match Award to be contested between Root and Rohit Sharma with the England captain taking the prize.
Live Streaming: The match can be watched live on Sky Cricket in the UK and on the Sony Sports Network in India. In Australia it will be shown on Fox Cricket, SuperSport will show it in Africa with Willow TV in the USA.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Due to Shane Warne’s ‘ball of the century’, there is always an expectation that spinners will thrive in Manchester. However, pace and seam bowlers have had the most success at the venue in recent years.
Joe Root won the toss and inserted India at The Oval. We predict that both captains will choose to bat first in Manchester.
L, W, L, D, L
❌ ✅ ❌ ❌ ❌
W, L, W, D, L
✅ ❌ ✅ ❌ ❌
ENG Team News:
Jos Buttler returns to the England side as wicket-keeper and vice-captain after missing the Fourth Test at The Oval due to his wife giving birth to his second child. We expect Ollie Pope to retain his place in the side with Mark Wood and Jack Leach also getting into the XI.
IND Team News:
With a 2-1 series lead, there could be a temptation for India to fill out the batting line-up in an attempt to get a draw at Old Trafford. However, Virat Kohli’s side will no doubt go on the attack and we expect to see the same XI in place for this Final Test.
C & VC Options for SL:
Who will win today match: IND vs ENG Test Match Fantasy Team
India need to avoid defeat to head back home with a series win. But it is fair to say that this series has consistently delivered the unexpected with a tie not out of the question at one point on Day 5 at The Oval. We expect to see another see-saw of a Test Match with England coming out on top in front of the Manchester crowd.
ENG Key Players:
The England captain had a disappointing Test at The Oval as he did not pass 50 in the game for the first time in the series. However, he looked in superb touch at the wicket.
After returning to the side at Lord’s, Hameed has posted two ducks but also two scores in the 60s. The opening partnership with Rory Burns is looking secure.
The likeable bowling all-rounder produced 68 runs and 7 wickets in his first Test appearance for almost a year. He balances out England’s batting line-up.
IND Key Players:
The India opener’s 127 in the Second Innings took the game away from England. He is averaging 52.57 in the series.
The unfancied all-rounder was the star turn at The Oval. He hit two half-centuries and took the crucial wicket of Joe Root in England’s Second Innings.
The pace bowler now has 101 wickets from only 24 Test Matches. 18 of those wickets have come in this series.
ENG Team Form:
- England’s batting line-up is looking more secure with Haseeb Hameed at the top of the order but a lack of big first innings scores are preventing more wins.
IND Team Form:
- This India side never know when they are beaten and are able to find wins from very precarious positions. However, they are still fallible in English conditions.
Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli(c), Ravindra Jadeja, Ajinkya Rahane, Rishabh Pant(w), Shardul Thakur, Umesh Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Shami, Mohammed Siraj, Ishant Sharma, Wriddhiman Saha, Ravichandran Ashwin, Mayank Agarwal, Suryakumar Yadav, Hanuma Vihari, Axar Patel, Abhimanyu Easwaran, Prasidh Krishna, Prithvi
+ Ground and Pitch info about
Old Trafford – Manchester, England
Last FC Matches on this Ground:
1. Lancashire v Warwickshire
WAR 371-10 239-6
Pacer – 15
Spinner – 11
Dominic Sibley – 57R
Saqib Mahmood – 4W & 1W
2. Lancashire v Kent
KET 74-10 & 149-8
Pacer – 19
Spinner – 9
James Anderson – 7w & 1w
3. Lancashire v Yorkshire
YOR 159-10 & 271-10
Pacer – 22
Spinner – 6
Saqib Mahmood – 5w & 1w
Pacer – 56
Spinner – 26
Players Form @ Old Trafford – Manchester, England & H2H Stats:
ENG @ Old Trafford – Manchester, England & H2H Against IND:
IND @ Old Trafford – Manchester, England & H2H Against ENG:
Player Form Sheet:
Top Team Batsmens:
Joe Root, Rory Burns and Haseeb Hameed are our recommendations for the top batters in England’s First Innings. All three have looked comfortable at times during the series.
For India, we are backing Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma and Cheteshwar Pujara as the top batters. Sharma was particularly impressive at The Oval.
Top Team Bowlers:
Jimmy Anderson, Chris Woakes and Mark Wood are our tips for the top First Innings bowlers for England. Anderson is always more effective in the opening innings of the game.
Jasprit Bumrah, Umesh Yadav and Mohammad Siraj are our tips with the ball for India. Bumrah continues to be an accomplished bowler wherever he plays.
Make necessary changes if any player absent
*Above GL Team Guide Images for Guide only.
*You can make necessary changes as per your choice.
*Above Team maybe Highly risky so play at your own risk.
*for final team check here in the last 15mins of the match deadline.
*You can also make some other combination by changing 1-2 players with help of Team Guide.
Best of Luck.
> We have mentioned the expected playing 11 as per our cricket knowledge. You can change the fantasy team once the playing 11 is out.