India vs England
T20 World Cup 2nd Semi-Final Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 10 Nov, 01:30 PM (IST)
Series: T20 World Cup 2nd Semi-Final Match
Venue: Adelaide Oval – Adelaide, Australia
IND vs ENG Dream11 Prediction:
- We are backing Virat Kohli to be India’s highest run scorer in this game. The 34 year old hit 64 not out in his only appearance of the tournament at the Adelaide Oval last week. Left-arm pace bowler Arshdeep Singh has taken wickets in every game of the 2022 T20 World Cup and he is our pick for India’s top wicket-taker against England.
- England skipper Jos Buttler has been in attacking form throughout the competition and he is our tip for England’s highest run scorer against India. With the ball, Mark Wood has taken nine wickets with a strike-rate of 9.3 in this campaign and he is a strong choice for England’s top wicket taker in this clash.
- With an average of 75 across the tournament we are backing Suryakumar Yadav to score over 22.5 runs in this match.
This match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket, Star Network, Fox Sports, ESPN and PTV.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go and Disney+ Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
It will be partly cloudy from the start with the temperature in the high teens throughout. We expect the humidity levels to increase as the clash progresses.
This game will be played on a used pitch and as a result we expect to see a slower surface than in other matches. A par score will be in the region of 145.
Pakistan’s win over Bangladesh whilst batting second was the first time a team fielding first had won an IT20 at the Adelaide Oval in five games. We predict that both teams will want to bat first in this match.
Team Form in the Last Five Matches:
W, W, L, W, W
W, W, NR, L, W
IND vs ENG TEAM NEWS:
IND Team News:
With their qualification for the semi-finals already assured, India rested Dinesh Karthik for the game against Zimbabwe and gave Rishabh Pant some much-needed game time behind the stumps. We predict that Karthik will come back into the XI for this match.
ENG Team News:
There will certainly be one change for England ahead of this game with number three batter, Dawid Malan, ruled out with a groin injury sustained whilst fielding against Sri Lanka on Saturday. A right-handed batter, Phil Salt, is expected to come in to replace Malan.
IND vs ENG Pre-Toss LineUps:
IND vs ENG Team Updates:
IND Team Updates
- India on Sunday, November 6 defeated Zimbabwe by 71 runs in the last Super 12 match.
- With this win, India consolidated the top spot in Group 2, hence fixing their last-four fixture with England, the Group 1 runners-up.
- India defeated Zimbabwe by 71 runs to set the last-four match against England in Adelaide. This will be India’s 4th T20 WC 2022 semi-final appearance.
- Rohit Sharma and Lokesh Rahul will probably open the inning.
- Virat Kohli will bat at the one-down position.
- Suryakumar Yadav and Hardik Pandya will handle the middle-order batting.
- Rohit Sharma will lead the India as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Rishabh Pant will do the Wicket Keeping for India.
- Ravichandran Ashwin and Axar Patel will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Ravichandran Ashwin was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Arshdeep Singh and Bhuvneshwar Kumar will lead the pace attack of his team.
ENG Team Updates
- England recovered from their shock loss against Ireland to win their final two matches and maintain a run-rate advantage over Australia.
- Jos Buttler’s side will face the winners of Group 2, India, in the final four, although may require a selection change after Dawid Malan was forced off against Sri Lanka due to injury.
- England did look a bit off-color as a team in their first couple of matches in WC. Although they started with a five-wicket win against Afghanistan, it wasn’t a convincing performance as the Afghan bowlers made them toil hard to get to the target of 113.
- Jos Buttler and Alex Hales will probably open the inning.
- Phill Salt will bat at the one-down position in absence of Dawid Malan.
- Ben Stokes and Liam Livingstone will handle the middle-order batting.
- Jos Buttler will lead England as a Captain. He is also a good Wicket-Keeper
- Jos Buttler will do the Wicket Keeping for England.
- Adil Rashid will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Mark Wood and Chris Woakes will lead the pace attack of his team.
These two sides are undoubtedly two of the best white ball teams in the world at the moment and this clash would not have been out of place in the final of the tournament. However, only one side can progress to the last two and we think it will come down to which of the batters produces the most impressive innings. England’s batters are destructive but it is India’s who have shown the most consistency across the competition and we are backing India to win.
India are favorites to beat England at the odds
IND Key Players:
With 246 runs across the competition, Kohli is the leading run scorer in the tournament. He has hit three half-centuries with a top score of 82 not out.
The number four batter has been the star of T20 World Cup 2022. He has scored 228 runs from 116 balls, a strike-rate of 193.96.
The 23 year old has impressed at the beginning and end of each innings during this competition. He took two wickets in an over in his only appearance at the Adelaide Oval against Bangladesh.
ENG Key Players:
The England opener has a top score of 73 runs across the tournament with a strike-rate of 132.22. He is a big game player and will relish the attention of a semi-final.
The England Test captain has struggled for form with the bat in this series but showed his importance to the side with 42 not out from 36 balls in the last game.
The fast bowler has a very important role for this side with his job purely to take wickets. Irrespective of the surface, he is able to hurry even the world’s best batters.
IND vs ENG Team Forms:
IND Team Form:
India have won eight of their last ten IT20s.
ENG Team Form:
England are targeting their third successive victory in the competition in this match.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Rohit Sharma(C), Lokesh Rahul, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Dinesh Karthik(WK), Rishabh Pant(WK), Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammed Shami, Arshdeep Singh, Yuzvendra Chahal, Mohammed Siraj, Ravi Bishnoi, Harshal Patel, Shreyas Iyer, Deepak Hooda, Shardul Thakur
Jos Buttler(WK)(C), Alex Hales, Philip Salt(WK), Ben Stokes, Liam Livingstone, Harry Brook, Moeen Ali, Sam Curran, Chris Woakes, Adil Rashid, Mark Wood, Chris Jordan, Luke Wood, Dawid Malan, Liam Dawson, David Willey, Richard Gleeson, Tymal Mills