India vs Netherlands
T20 World Cup Super 12 Group 2 Prediction & Tips
Time: 27 Oct, 12:30 PM (IST)
Series: T20 World Cup Super 12 Group 2
Venue: Sydney Cricket Ground – Sydney, Australia
IND vs NED Dream11 Prediction:
- Virat Kohli was at his best on Sunday when he hit 82 not out from 53 balls to win the match against Pakistan. The former skipper is well worth backing as India’s highest run scorer in this game. With the ball, Arshdeep Singh took 3-32 against Pakistan and he is our tip for India’s top wicket taker against Netherlands.
- Max O’Dowd scored only eight runs against Bangladesh but the opener is our pick for Netherlands’ highest run scorer against India. Spinner Paul van Meekeren has taken two wickets in both of his last two matches against Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. He is a strong choice for Netherlands’ top wicket taker in this fixture.
- We suggest backing opener KL Rahul to hit over 3.5 fours in this match.
IND vs NED Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket, Star Network, Fox Sports, ESPN and PTV.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go and Disney+ Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The forecast is for rain earlier in the day in Sydney but it is supposed to be dry with clear skies throughout the evening.
Although there are talented spinners in the squads of both teams, this pitch will provide more assistance to the pace bowlers. We expect a par score to be at least 175.
Both teams won the toss in their opening Super 12 stage matches and decided to field first. We predict that the skippers will both want to field first ahead of this game also.
Team Form in the Last Five Matches:
W, L, W, W, W
L, L, W, W, L
❌❌ ✅ ✅❌
IND vs NED TEAM NEWS:
IND Team News:
There was no place for spinner Yuzvendra Chahal and pace bowler Harshal Patel for the game against Pakistan with Mohammed Shami and Ravichandran Ashwin chosen in their place. Between them, they took only one wicket but both bowlers kept the run-rate down.
NED Team News:
There were two changes for Netherlands from their XI in their final first round pool game against Sri Lanka to their opening Super 12 stage match against Bangladesh. Roelof van der Merwe failed a fitness test and was joined by Timm van der Gugten on the sidelines with Shariz Ahmed and Logan van Beek coming in.
IND vs NED Pre-Toss LineUps:
IND vs NED Team Updates:
IND Team Updates
- India currently lead the Group 2 points table following their thrilling opener victory over Pakistan.
- It was a big night at the MCG on sunday but now its over and the Indian cricket team needs to start afresh and not get overwhelmed by the situation.
- Men in Blue will also be hoping for a convincing victory over the Netherlands to increase their Net Run Rate (NRR) and solidify their place atop the standings.
- Rohit Sharma and Lokesh Rahul will probably open the inning.
- Virat Kohli will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Suryakumar Yadav and Hardik Pandya will handle the middle-order batting.
- Rohit Sharma will lead the India as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Dinesh Karthik will do the Wicket Keeping for India.
- Axar Patel and Ravichandran Ashwin will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Arshdeep Singh and Bhuvneshwar Kumar will lead the pace attack of his team.
NED Team Updates
- Netherlands, on the other hand face their first major test of the world cup and will have to play out of their skins to come anywhere near their opponents.
- However, this can be a great exposure for a side like Netherlands to learn new aspects of the game by applying themselves and learning from the experienced Indian cricketers.
- Max ODowd and Vikramjit Singh will probably open the inning.
- Bas de Leede will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Tom Cooper and Colin Ackermann will handle the middle-order batting.
- Scott Edwards will lead the Netherlands as a Captain. He is also a good Wicket-Keeper
- Scott Edwards will do the Wicket Keeping for Netherlands.
- Tim Pringle and Colin Ackermann will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Paul van Meekeren and Fred Klaassen will lead the pace attack of his team.
Irrespective of the team which India select, we expect they will be far too good for Netherlands in this match. Netherlands put in a strong performance against Bangladesh but will need to go up four or five more levels to cause India any problems. We are predicting a comfortable victory for India.
India are favourites to beat Netherlands at odds.
IND Key Players:
The number three batter hit his 36th IT20 score of over fifty in Sunday’s match. He hit four sixes in the innings and now averages 51.97 in this format.
The all-rounder continues to perform at the highest level in 2022. Against Pakistan he delivered 40 runs from 37 balls after taking 3-30 with the ball.
The young left-arm pace bowler dismissed both of Pakistan’s openers – Mohammad Rizwan and Babar Azam – and went a long way to securing the win for India.
NED Key Players:
The right handed opener is 16 runs away from bringing up 1500 IT20 runs for his country. His top IT20 score is 133 not out.
Bas de Leede
The batting all-rounder was dismissed from his first ball on Monday to leave Netherlands 0-2 from 0.2 overs. He has a top score of 91 not out in this format and is the joint-leading wicket-taker in the T20 World Cup 2022.
Paul van Meekeren
The spinner got the wickets of opener Soumya Sarkar and Yasir Ali against Bangladesh. He also contributed an excellent 24 runs from 14 balls from number 11.
IND vs NED Team Forms:
IND Team Form:
India lost their final IT20 in the series against South Africa but have won six of their last eight IT20s.
NED Team Form:
Netherlands won their first two games of the tournament but are now looking to avoid their third successive defeat.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Rohit Sharma (c), KL Rahul, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Deepak Hooda, Rishabh Pant, Dinesh Karthik, Hardik Pandya, Ravichandran Ashwin, Yuzvendra Chahal, Axar Patel, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Harshal Patel, Arshdeep Singh, Mohammed Shami
Scott Edwards (c), Colin Ackermann, Shariz Ahmad, Logan van Beek, Tom Cooper, Brandon Glover, Timm van der Gugten, Fred Klaassen, Bas de Leede, Paul van Meekeren, Roelof van der Merwe, Stephan Myburgh, Teja Nidamanuru, Max ODowd, Tim Pringle, Vikramjit Singh