India vs New Zealand
1st ODI Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 18 Jan, 01:30 PM (IST)
Series: 1st ODI Match
Venue: Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Hyderabad, India
IND vs NZ Dream11 Prediction:
- Virat Kohli hit 166 not out on Sunday and the number three batter is a strong choice for India’s highest run scorer in this match. Mohammed Siraj has been in excellent form in this format and took nine wickets against Sri Lanka over the three ODIs. The quick bowler is our tip for India’s top wicket taker against New Zealand.
- Devon Conway hit his second ODI century during the tour of Pakistan and the top order batter is well worth backing as New Zealand’s highest run scorer in this game. With the ball, Lockie Ferguson took 2-63 in the final ODI in Lahore and the quick bowler is our pick for New Zealand’s top wicket taker against India in Hyderabad.
- In his current form, very few bowlers in world cricket will be able to stop Virat Kohli. We recommend backing him to hit over 37.5 runs in this ODI.
This match will be shown live on Star Sports, Super Sports and Fox Cricket.
Fans can stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar and Sky Go.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The forecast is for hot and sunny conditions during daylight with the temperature up at 29 degrees. The temperature will drop to 21 degrees after sunset.
It is not the quickest wicket in India and we expect spin bowlers to get plenty of assistance from this pitch. Any score over 300 will be very hard to chase down in the second innings.
The team batting second have won the last two ODIs at this venue and we predict that both skippers will want to field first in this game.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
W, W, W, W, L
W, W, L, N, N
IND vs NZ TEAM NEWS:
IND Team News:
KL Rahul and Axar Patel, who both impressed against Sri Lanka earlier in the month, are both not in the squad for this series due to family commitments. Jasprit Bumrah continues to be absent through injury and opener Rohit Sharma will captain the side. Shreyas Iyer has been ruled out of the series owing to back injury.
NZ Team News:
There will be big names missing for the Black Caps in this series with captain Kane Williamson, Tim Southee and Trent Boult not in the squad. Tom Latham will take over captaincy duties and is likely to also keep wicket across these three games.IND vs NZ Pre-Toss LineUps:
IND vs NZ Team Updates
IND Team Updates
- Rohit Sharma and Shubman Gill will probably open the inning.
- Virat Kohli will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Virat Kohli was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- The modern day legend, Virat Kohli has been in sublime form, he has smashed 3 Hunderds in last 4 ODI Innings.
- Surya Kumar Yadav and Hardik Pandya will handle the middle-order batting.
- Rohit Sharma will lead the India as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Ishan Kishan will do the Wicket Keeping for India.
- Kuldeep Yadav and Washington Sundar will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Mohammed Siraj and Mohammed Shami will lead the pace attack of his team.
NZ Team Updates
- Mark Chapman should slot in for Kane Williamson while Blair Tickner might replace Tim Southee. Southee, Kane, and Tom Latham have been rested for the series.
- Finn Allen and Devon Conway will probably open the inning.
- Mark Chapman will bat at the one-down position.
- Daryl-Mitchell and Tom Latham will handle the middle-order batting.
- Mitchell Santner will lead the New Zealand as a Captain. He is also a good allrounder
- Finn Allen will do the Wicket Keeping for New Zealand.
- Mitchell Santner and Ish Sodhi will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Lockie Ferguson and Blair Tickner will lead the pace attack of his team.
Two of the world’s best ODI sides will get this series underway and we expect India to get off to a winning start. Although New Zealand should never be written off, they have rested some of their most experienced players and touring India, in front of their passionate fans, is never easy at the best of times. With India’s batters displaying exceptional form at the moment, we are predicting an India victory.
India are favorites to beat New Zealand at the odds
IND Key Players:
The former India skipper is playing at a fantastic level at the moment. He has scored three centuries from his last four ODI innings and is very comfortable with his game.
With places very hard to lock down in India’s batting line-up, the young right-handed opener has grasped his opportunity over the last 12 months. He hit 116 from 97 balls on Sunday.
The 28 year old right-arm fast bowler produced his best ODI bowling figures in the last game against Sri Lanka. He finished with 4-32 and bowled brilliantly throughout the game.
NZ Key Players:
The left-handed opener has been an excellent addition to New Zealand across all formats since making his international debut in 2020. He averages 44.46 in this format.
The all-rounder enjoyed the recent tour of Pakistan and is more than capable of contributing with bat and ball. He took four wickets during the games in Karachi earlier this month.
With Tim Southee and Trent Boult not in the squad for this series, the right-arm pace bowler, Lockie Ferguson, will lead the attack. He is a genuine fast bowler and causes problems on any surface.
IND vs NZ Team Forms:
IND Team Form:
India are in excellent form in this format and are targeting their fourth successive ODI victory. Their current run includes wins over Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
NZ Team Form:
New Zealand come into this ODI looking to register their third win in a row in this format. They have an excellent recent record over India in ODIs.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Rohit Sharma(C), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Ishan Kishan(WK), Washington Sundar, Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Mohammed Siraj, Shreyas Iyer, Kona Srikar-Bharat(WK), Shahbaz Ahmed, Yuzvendra Chahal, Umran Malik
New Zealand (NZ):
Finn Allen(WK), Devon Conway, Mark Chapman, Daryl-Mitchell, Henry Nicholls, Glenn Phillips, Michael Bracewell, Mitchell Santner(C), Ish Sodhi, Blair Tickner, Lockie Ferguson, Henry Shipley, Tom Latham(WK), Doug Bracewell, Jacob Duffy