India vs Pakistan
T20 World Cup Super 12 Group 2 Prediction & Tips
Time: 23 Oct, 01:30 PM (IST)
Series: T20 World Cup Super 12 Group 2
Venue: Melbourne Cricket Ground – Melbourne
IND vs PAK Dream11 Prediction:
- Suryakumar Yadav is averaging 40.05 from 23 innings in 2022 so far. The number four batter is well worth backing as India’s highest run scorer against Pakistan. With the ball, Arshdeep Singh has taken 19 wickets at an average of 19.78 since making his IT20 debut in July. He is our tip for Pakistan’s top wicket taker in this game.
- No player has scored more IT20 runs this year than Mohammad Rizwan and the Pakistan keeper-batter is our pick for Pakistan’s highest run scorer in this match. Shaheen Shah Afridi took seven wickets during the 2021 T20 World Cup and the left-arm pace bowler is a strong choice for their top wicket taker against India.
- With an excellent record over the last 24 months, we recommend backing Mohammad Rizwan to hit over 40.5 runs in this clash.
IND vs PAK Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket, Star Network, Fox Sports, ESPN and PTV.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go and Disney+ Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
It will be humid from the start of this fixture in Melbourne with cloud cover throughout. There could be a rain shower towards the end of the fixture.
The Melbourne Cricket Ground often provides an excellent contest between bat and ball. We expect a par score to be no higher than 175.
Both teams will be comfortable batting first if required but we predict that the captains will choose to field first if they win the toss in this match.
Team Form in the Last Five Matches:
L, W, W, W, W
W, W, L, W, W
IND vs PAK TEAM NEWS:
IND Team News:
With the exception of right-arm pace bowler Jasprit Bumrah who was ruled out of the tournament with a back injury earlier this month, India are at full strength ahead of this game of T20 World Cup 2022. They rotated players against South Africa and tried some new pairings but we expect them to revert to their best XI here.
PAK Team News:
This match will see the return in a competitive fixture of pace bowler Shaheen Shah Afridi who was last seen in action during a Test match in mid-July. He will form a very strong pace bowling partnership with Haris Rauf. Pakistan have no injury worries ahead of this game.
IND vs PAK Pre-Toss LineUps:
IND vs PAK Team Updates:
IND Team Updates
- The Rohit Sharma-led side also beat Australia in the warm-up and are looking good.
- Death bowling is a slight concern, and India will be banking on Harshal and Shami to come good.
- India have named Md Shami as the replacement for Jasprit Bumrah. Thus, he becomes a direct entry to the team.
- Rohit Sharma and Lokesh Rahul will probably open the inning.
- Virat Kohli will bat at the one-down position.
- Suryakumar Yadav and Hardik Pandya will handle the middle-order batting.
- Rohit Sharma will lead the India as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Dinesh Karthik will do the Wicket Keeping for India.
- The debate around Karthik and Pant finally seems to be cooling down. The team management seems keen on giving Dinesh Karthik an opportunity over Pant based on his recent form.
- Axar Patel will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Mohammed Shami and Bhuvneshwar Kumar will lead the pace attack of his team.
PAK Team Updates
- For Pakistan, the middle order will yet again be the focus. Shaheen Shah returns, and it would be interesting to see who Pakistan drops for the talismanic pacer.
- Their batters include Babar and Rizwan, who hold the key to their success. One out of the two has to stay till the end to get their team through.
- Mohammad Rizwan and Babar Azam will probably open the inning.
- Shan Masood will bat at the one-down position.
- Haider Ali and Mohammad Nawaz will handle the middle-order batting.
- Babar Azam will lead the Pakistan as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Mohammad Rizwan will do the Wicket Keeping for Pakistan.
- Shadab Khan and Mohammad Nawaz will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Shaheen Afridi and Haris Rauf will lead the pace attack of his team.
- The pace bowling options have always been evergreen for Pakistan and with the addition of Shaheen Shah Afridi it can only get better. Pakistan arguably have one of the best bowling lineups in the tournament.
Whenever these two countries meet you are guaranteed an entertaining and pressure-filled game. With this being their opening matches of this competition, this should be no different and we are predicting a close contest. Overall we are backing India to get the victory.
India are favourites to beat Pakistan at odds.
IND Key Players:
the number four batter has hit 801 runs in IT20s this calendar year, second only to Mohammad Rizwan across all players.
the former India skipper has hit an unbeaten century against Afghanistan, a fifty against Australia and 49 not out against South Africa in IT20s over the past six weeks.
the young left-arm pace bowler has taken on the role of bowling the final overs for India. His yorkers are excellent for stopping runs and picking up wickets.
PAK Key Players:
the right-handed opener has hit nine half-centuries from 18 IT20s so far this year. His top score is 88 not out in 2022 in this format.
the skipper is always under pressure to deliver but has an excellent overall record. He has a top score of 110 not out this year and an overall IT20 average of 43.66.
Shaheen Shah Afridi
the opening bowler is a genuine wicket taking threat throughout any innings. The 22 year old has a strike-rate of 18.8 in IT20s.
IND vs PAK Team Forms:
IND Team Form:
India were beaten in their final IT20 against South Africa but won the previous four in this format.
PAK Team Form:
Pakistan enjoyed an excellent tri-nation series in New Zealand and won four of their last five IT20s.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Rohit Sharma(C), Lokesh Rahul, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Dinesh Karthik(WK), Axar Patel, Harshal Patel, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Arshdeep Singh, Mohammed Shami, Yuzvendra Chahal, Mohammed Siraj, Ravi Bishnoi, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant(WK), Deepak Hooda, Shardul Thakur, Ravichandran Ashwin
Mohammad Rizwan(WK), Babar Azam(C), Shan Masood, Haider Ali, Mohammad Nawaz, Asif Ali, Shadab Khan, Iftikhar-Ahmed, Shaheen Afridi, Naseem-Shah, Haris Rauf, Mohammad Haris(WK), Mohammad Wasim, Khushdil-Shah, Fakhar Zaman, Mohammad Hasnain, Usman Qadir, Shahnawaz Dhani