India vs South Africa
1st T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 28 Sep, 07:00 PM (IST)
Series: 1st T20i Match
Venue: Greenfield International Stadium – Thiruvananthapuram
IND vs SA Dream11 Prediction:
- Virat Kohli scored 63 runs from 48 balls in the final match against Australia and the number three batter is our pick for India’s highest run scorer in this opening game of the series. Left arm spinner Axar Patel took eight wickets across the games against Australia. He is our tip for India’s top wicket taker on Wednesday.
- Reeza Hendricks has hit four half-centuries from eight IT20s in 2022 and the top order batter is well worth backing as South Africa’s highest run scorer in this match. With the ball, Tabraiz Shamsi took eight wickets in the series against England and the spinner is a strong choice for South Africa’s top wicket taker in this fixture.
- After an excellent and consistent year with the bat, we recommend the bet ‘Reeza Hendricks to score over 2.5 fours’.
IND vs SA Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on the Star Sports Network.
Fans can stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
It will be partly cloudy from start to finish in this match with the humidity levels above 80% throughout. We do not expect any rain to interrupt the fixture.
It is a good batting wicket in Trivandrum and we expect spin bowlers to get plenty of turn from the surface. Any score over 180 will be very hard to chase.
The last IT20 at this venue was won by West Indies who won the toss and chose to field first. We predict that both teams will choose to bowl first and chase a target in the second innings.
Team Form in Last Five Matches:
W, W, L, W, L
W, W, W, W, L
IND vs SA TEAM NEWS:
IND Team News:
With the countdown to the T20 World Cup 2022 firmly on, India have chosen to rest all-rounder Hardik Pandya and pace bowler Bhuvneshwar Kumar for this series. Left-arm quick bowler, Arshdeep Singh who has been very impressive since making his debut earlier this year, returns after resting during the series with Australia.
SA Team News:
The visitors have picked a strong squad for this tour with the likes of Bjorn Fortuin, Marco Jansen and Andile Phehlukwayo only able to be picked as stand-by players. Skipper Temba Bavuma returns from injury to lead the team ahead of the T20 World Cup.
IND vs SA Pre-Toss LineUps:
IND vs SA Team Updates
- India are coming off a thrilling win against Australia in the last game.
- Suryakumar Yadav and Virat Kohli scored half-centuries before Hardik Pandya struck an unbeaten 25 off 16 as India prevailed in a tense finish in the third T20I against Australia to seal the series 2-1
- With Africa it will be a different challenge as India does not have a good record against them in Home conditions.
- Rohit Sharma and Lokesh Rahul will probably open the inning.
- Virat Kohli will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Suryakumar Yadav and Rishabh Pant will handle the middle-order batting.
- Rohit Sharma will lead the India as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Rishabh Pant will do the Wicket Keeping for India.
- Axar Patel and Yuzvendra Chahal will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Jasprit Bumrah and Harshal Patel will lead the pace attack of his team.
South Africa (SA)
- South Africa will be hoping to start off on a positive note as they face India in the first t20.
- Rassie Van Der Dussen will be out due to injury and that definitely makes their middle order slightly weak.
- Reeza Hendricks and Quinton de Kock will probably open the inning.
- Temba Bavuma will bat at the one-down position.
- Aiden Markram and Tristan Stubbs will handle the middle-order batting.
- Temba Bavuma will lead the South Africa as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Quinton de Kock will do the Wicket Keeping for South Africa.
- Aiden Markram and Tabraiz Shamsi will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Kagiso Rabada and Anrich Nortje will lead the pace attack of his team.
India and South Africa played four IT20s in India only three months ago and we do not expect South Africa to require any time to acclimatise. This should be an entertaining clash with quality spinners in excellent form on both sides. Overall, we are backing India to win this opening game of the series.
India are favorites to beat South Africa at odds.
IND Key Players:
the former captain struggled with his form earlier this year but had a good 2022 Asia Cup and hit seven boundaries in his innings on Sunday.
the aggressive and big-hitting middle order batter struck 69 runs from 36 balls in Sunday’s game in Hyderabad. He hit 115 runs in the series against Australia.
the left-arm spinner opened the bowling in the last two games of the series against Australia. He was very impressive and dismissed Aaron Finch, Josh Inglis and Matthew Wade in the final match.
SA Key Players:
the right handed batter equalled the world record when he hit four successive half-centuries in this format earlier this summer. His run ended with 42 against Ireland.
the 27 year old right arm pace bowler has an excellent record in India during his seasons in the IPL. He has 52 IT20 wickets from 46 games.
the left-arm wrist spinner has taken 124 international wickets since making his debut in 2016. He took 4-36 in the CPL on September 14.
IND vs SA Team Forms:
IND Team Form:
India have won three of their last four games in this format and a victory in this clash will make it three wins in a row.
SA Team Form:
South Africa beat Ireland 2-0 and won the final two games against England so will be targeting their fifth successive victory in this match.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Rohit Sharma(C), Lokesh Rahul, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Rishabh Pant(WK), Dinesh Karthik(WK), Axar Patel, Harshal Patel, Jasprit Bumrah, Arshdeep Singh, Yuzvendra Chahal, Deepak Chahar, Deepak Hooda, Ravichandran Ashwin, Mohammed Shami
Reeza Hendricks, Quinton de Kock(WK), Temba Bavuma(C), Aiden Markram, Tristan Stubbs, David Miller, Dwaine Pretorius, Keshav Maharaj, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Tabraiz Shamsi, Lungi Ngidi, Rilee Rossouw, Heinrich Klaasen(WK), Wayne Parnell.