India vs South Africa
2nd T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 02 Oct, 07:00 PM (IST)
Series: 2nd T20i Match
Venue: Barsapara Cricket Stadium – Guwahati
IND vs SA Dream11 Prediction:
- KL Rahul and Suryakumar Yadav both scored unbeaten half-centuries in the opening IT20. We recommend opener Rahul to be India’s highest run scorer on Sunday. With the ball, Arshdeep Singh took 3-32 and the left-arm pace bowler is our tip for India’s top wicket taker against South Africa.
- Aiden Markram averages 41.50 in this format and the right-hander is our pick for South Africa’s highest run scorer in this game. Kagiso Rabada took 1-16 and bowled a maiden in the first game. The pace bowler is a strong choice for South Africa’s top wicket taker in this match.
- Arshdeep Singh has had no problem with the step up to international cricket and we recommend backing him to take over 2.5 wickets in this clash.
IND vs SA Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on the Star Sports Network.
Fans can stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
It will be very humid with a chance of thunderstorms during Sunday evening. Cloudy throughout with the temperature above 29 degrees.
This will be the third IT20 played at this venue and we saw a low-scoring game in the first. Expect a low bounce and slow surface in this match.
India won the toss and chose to field first in Wednesday’s game and we predict that both captains will want to bowl first before chasing down a total in this match.
Team Form in Last Five Matches:
W, W, W, L, W
L, W, W, W, W
IND vs SA TEAM NEWS:
IND Team News:
Jasprit Bumrah became the latest global superstar to be ruled out of this year’s T20 World Cup and the Indian pace bowler will be hard to replace in the team. Arshdeep Singh came back into the side in the opening game and we expect to see him opening the bowling again in this match.
SA Team News:
In spite of the incredible run scoring feats in this format over the UK summer from Reeza Hendricks, there was no place for him in the XI for the opening game with captain Temba Bavuma resuming his career at the top of the order. It would be a surprise if there are any changes ahead of this match.
IND vs SA Pre-Toss LineUps:
IND vs SA Team Updates
- Potent opening spells from Arshdeep Singh (3/32) and Deepak Chahar (2/24) set up Indias eight-wicket win over South Africa on a testing Thiruvananthapuram pitch to go 1-0 up in the three-match series
- Despite losing two cheaply, Suryakumar Yadav and KL Rahul polished off the chase in the 17th over with their contrasting half-century knocks.
- Rohit Sharma and Lokesh Rahul will probably open the inning.
- Virat Kohli will bat at the one-down position.
- Suryakumar Yadav and Rishabh Pant will handle the middle-order batting.
- Rohit Sharma will lead India as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Dinesh Karthik will do the Wicket Keeping for India.
- Axar Patel and Ravichandran Ashwin will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Arshdeep Singh and Harshal Patel will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Arshdeep Singh was dangerous with the new ball in the last game, he even won his fir Man of the match award in T20 Internationals.
- Indias new-ball bowlers had the tourists on the mat at 9/5 halfway through the third over.
South Africa (SA)
- South Africas top order collapsed badly and as a result, they could not reach past a defendable total.
- At 9 for 5, South Africa welcomed any runs. Adien Markrams (25 off 24) and Wayne Parnells (24 off 37) brief fightbacks took them to 30/5 at the end of the powerplay.
- Later on It was proper impetus came from Maharaj, who smacked two sixes and five boundaries in his 35-ball cameo of 41 which was also the top-scoring effort for the visitors.
- Quinton de Kock and Temba Bavuma will probably open the inning.
- Rilee Rossouw will bat at the one-down position.
- Aiden Markram and David Miller will handle the middle-order batting.
- Temba Bavuma will lead South Africa as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Quinton de Kock will do the Wicket Keeping for South Africa.
- Keshav Maharaj and Aiden Markram will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Kagiso Rabada and Anrich Nortje will lead the pace attack of his team.
A fine opening spell of bowling from the Indian attack meant that South Africa were always way behind in the opening match of the series. We are predicting that South Africa will produce more runs at the top of the order in this game but are backing India to win again.
India are favorites to beat South Africa at odds.
IND Key Players:
the right-handed opener scored 55 in the opening IT20 against Australia last month and made 51 not out from 56 balls in the first game of the series against South Africa.
the 32 year old comes into this game after hitting successive half-centuries in this format. He scored five fours and three sixes on Wednesday.
the left-arm pace bowler came back into the side for the opening match of the series and continued his strong form. He dismissed Quinton de Kock, Rilee Roussouw and David Miller.
SA Key Players:
the strong batter is a clean hitting player in the upper-middle order. He was the only player in South Africa’s top six to hit a boundary in the opening IT20.
the left-arm pace bowler was the most economical of South Africa’s attack on Wednesday. He conceded only 14 runs from four overs.
although he did not have many runs to defend, Rabada still performed admirably with the ball and dismissed Rohit Sharma.
IND vs SA Team Forms:
IND Team Form:
India continue to impress in this format. They have won three games in a row with four victories from their last five.
SA Team Form:
The heavy defeat in Trivandrum ended a run of four successive victories for South Africa in IT20s.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Rohit Sharma(C), Lokesh Rahul, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Rishabh Pant(WK), Dinesh Karthik(WK), Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Harshal Patel, Deepak Chahar, Arshdeep Singh, Yuzvendra Chahal, Shreyas Iyer, Jasprit Bumrah, Shahbaz Ahmed, Umesh Yadav
Quinton de Kock(WK), Temba Bavuma(C), Rilee Rossouw, Aiden Markram, David Miller, Tristan Stubbs, Wayne Parnell, Kagiso Rabada, Keshav Maharaj, Anrich Nortje, Tabraiz Shamsi, Lungi Ngidi, Reeza Hendricks, Andile Phehlukwayo, Heinrich Klaasen(WK), Bjorn Fortuin, Dwaine Pretorius, Marco Jansen.