India vs South Africa
1st ODI Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 06 Oct, 01:30 PM (IST)
Series: 1st ODI Match
Venue: Ekana Int. Cricket Stadium – Lucknow, India
IND vs SA Dream11 Prediction:
- Captain Shikhar Dhawan 45.84 from 155 ODI innings and he is a strong choice for India’s highest run scorer in this match. With the ball, wrist spinner Kuldeep Yadav has 112 wickets in this format and we are backing him to be India’s top wicket taker in Lucknow.
- Quinton de Kock has scored 17 ODI centuries and the keeper-batter is our recommendation for South Africa’s highest run scorer on Thursday. Kagiso Rabada has 132 wickets from 83 ODI innings and the right arm pace bowler is our tip for South Africa’s top wicket taker in this game.
- Shubman Gill has been in excellent form with the bat across the globe over recent months and we suggest backing him to hit over 33.5 runs in this clash.
IND vs SA Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on the Star Sports Network.
Fans can stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
There are 80% chances of rain. It will be very humid throughout this clash and there will also be a high chance of thunderstorms interrupting. The temperature will be in the mid-20s from start to finish.
The 1st ODI will be played in Lucknow. Like Indore, this pitch is a batting paradise. There is something for all types of bowlers on this pitch in Lucknow. We expect a par score to be no higher than 300 in this game.
India and South Africa both prefer to chase a total in white ball cricket. We predict that they will both choose to field first if they win the toss.
Team Form in Last Five Matches:
W, W, W, W, W
✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅
L, W, L, W, L
❌✅❌ ✅ ❌
IND vs SA TEAM NEWS:
IND Team News:
The India side will be almost unrecognisable from the side who played in the IT20 series against South Africa with all the frontline players rested ahead of the T20 World Cup. Mohammed Siraj, Deepak Chahar and Shreyas Iyer are the only players who have combined both series.
SA Team News:
We expect to see many of the same players who took part in the IT20 series involved in this game for the visitors. Although Janneman Malan and Heinrich Klaasen are likely to come into the team, we predict that South Africa will use this series as further white ball practice for their top T20 players.
IND vs SA Pre-Toss LineUps:
IND vs SA Team Updates
- Shikhar Dhawan-led India are in good form in ODIs as they beat Sri Lanka, West Indies, and Zimbabwe.
- Dhawan has led well, and a few of the young players like Shubman Gill, Samson, and Avesh Khan have done well.
- With one year to for World Cup, the team will look to continue their good form.
- Shikhar Dhawan and Shubman Gill will probably open the inning.
- Ishan Kishan will bat at the one-down position.
- Shreyas Iyer and Sanju Samson will handle the middle-order batting.
- Shikhar Dhawan will lead the India as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Ishan Kishan will do the Wicket Keeping for India.
- Kuldeep Yadav and Ravi Bishnoi will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Deepak Chahar and Mohammed Siraj will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Deepak Chahar was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
South Africa (SA)
- For South Africa, this three-match ODI series is vital as ICC Super League Points are at stake.
- They are currently languishing at the 11th spot and in danger of not qualifying for the 50-over World Cup directly.
- For South Africa, it will be about trying to win as many games as possible from here. Bavuma said a few new players will come into the ODI squad and these players will try to bring some fresh energy. Opening batter Malan is in good form, and so is Andile Phehlukwayo.
- Janneman Malan and Quinton de Kock will probably open the inning.
- Quinton de Kock was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Temba Bavuma will bat at the one-down position.
- Aiden Markram and David Miller will handle the middle-order batting.
- Temba Bavuma will lead the South Africa as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Heinrich Klaasen will do the Wicket Keeping for South Africa.
- Aiden Markram and Tabraiz Shamsi will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Kagiso Rabada and Anrich Nortje will lead the pace attack of his team.
With the T20 World Cup just around the corner, this series will be another entertaining example of white ball international cricket. We expect South Africa to put in a strong performance but are predicting India to win this game to go 1-0 up in the series.
India is the favorite to beat South Africa at odds.
IND Key Players:
The left-handed opener is a clean hitter of the ball and has hit 322 runs from his last six ODI innings.
The 23 year old right handed opener scored his first international century in August against Zimbabwe. He has since made scores of 92 and 119 for Glamorgan in the County Championship.
The 27 year old left-arm spinner made his ODI debut in June 2017. His best figures in this format are 6-25 against England in 2018.
SA Key Players:
Quinton de Kock
The aggressive left-handed opener has a fantastic record in ODI cricket and comes into this game after successive scores of 68 and 69 not out in the IT20 series.
South African wicketkeeper batter is the most experienced batter of his team, as well as, the most destructive and consistent batter of his side. He will be a must-have pick in your fantasy site as South African opener will provide backup points with his wicket-keeping skill as well. His current form is also on his side as, in his last 5 matches, he has two half centuries to his name
The 26-year-old has made the step up to ODI cricket with ease. He made his debut in February 2020 and averages 52.70 from 19 innings.
The all-format bowler is one of the strongest and most consistent bowlers on the international circuit. His best figures in this format are 6-16.
South African middle-order batter is an impactful player for his team in the middle overs. Recently, his performance against spin has improved a lot. He can also roll his arm against left-handers if needed.
IND vs SA Team Forms:
IND Team Form:
India have won their last seven ODIs with wins against England, West Indies and Zimbabwe.
SA Team Form:
South Africa lost their last ODI but have won two of their last four games with victories over England and Bangladesh.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Shikhar Dhawan(c), Shubman Gill, Shreyas Iyer, Rajat Patidar, Ishan Kishan, Sanju Samson(w), Shardul Thakur, Deepak Chahar, Kuldeep Yadav, Avesh Khan, Mohammed Siraj, Rahul Tripathi, Mukesh Kumar, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Shahbaz Ahmed, Ravi Bishnoi
Janneman Malan, Quinton de Kock(w), Temba Bavuma(c), Aiden Markram, David Miller, Andile Phehlukwayo, Dwaine Pretorius, Wayne Parnell, Keshav Maharaj, Kagiso Rabada, Tabraiz Shamsi, Anrich Nortje, Heinrich Klaasen, Lungi Ngidi, Reeza Hendricks