India vs South Africa
2nd ODI Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 09 Oct, 01:30 PM (IST)
Series: 2nd ODI Match
Venue: JSCA Intl Stadium Complex – Ranchi, India
IND vs SA Dream11 Prediction:
- Although he made only four runs from 16 balls at the top of the order on Thursday, we are backing Shikhar Dhawan to be India’s highest run scorer in Ranchi. Shardul Thakur took 2-35 and bowled a maiden from his eight overs in the opening game. The all-rounder is our pick for India’s top wicket taker in this match.
- Quinton de Kock has been in excellent form at the top of the order for his side on this tour and the keeper-batter is our recommendation for South Africa’s highest run scorer in the second ODI. Kagiso Rabada bowled two maidens and took 2-36 in the first game and the pace bowler is a strong choice for South Africa’s top wicket taker in this clash.
- David Miller has hit 99 sixes in his ODI career and we suggest backing him ‘To Hit a Six’ in this fixture.
IND vs SA Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on the Star Sports Network and Utsav Gold.
Fans can stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Mostly sunny early on with humidity levels rising as the game progresses. We expect no rain to interrupt this ODI.
This will be a good batting wicket in Ranchi and it would be no surprise if both teams made scores above 300. Wrist spinners should also get a good deal of spin from this pitch.
The ball will get wet in the outfield in the second half of the match and as a result we predict that both skippers will choose to bowl first if they win the toss.
Team Form in Last Five Matches:
L, W, W, W, W
W, L, W, L, W
IND vs SA TEAM NEWS:
IND Team News:
There were two ODI debuts for India in Thursday’s series opener with spinner Ravi Bishnoi and batter Ruturaj Gaikwad both getting their first opportunities in this format. With no injuries reported, we expect India to select the same XI for Sunday’s clash.
SA Team News:
Bowling all-rounder, Dwaine Pretorius, sustained a fractured thumb in the third IT20 and will miss the rest of this series as well as the T20 World Cup later this month. It was a fine team performance on Thursday and we expect to see the same XI for this game.
IND vs SA Pre-Toss LineUps:
IND vs SA Team Updates
- India lost the first ODI by nine runs and have conceded 1-0 in the three-match ODI series.
- India will be eyeing to make a comeback after the loss in the first game. Top-order batters disappointed in the first game. Shikhar Dhawan, Ruturaj Gaikwad, and Ishan Kishan have to contribute more if India harbors hopes of leveling the series.
- Shikhar Dhawan and Shubman Gill will probably open the inning.
- Ruturaj Gaikwad will bat at the one-down position.
- Ishan Kishan and Shreyas Iyer will handle the middle-order batting.
- Shikhar Dhawan will lead the India as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Ishan Kishan will do the Wicket Keeping for India.
- Ravi Bishnoi and Kuldeep Yadav will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Avesh Khan and Mohammed Siraj will lead the pace attack of his team.
South Africa (SA)
- South Africa has momentum now and will be eyeing a 2-0 series win in Ranchi.
- On account of their win in the first ODI, South Africa got 10 points. A win in the second ODI will give another 10 points and a series win for South Africa.
- They are currently ranked 11 in ICC Super League Points Table. Another two wins and the visitors will make much-needed progress in the points table.
- Janneman Malan and Quinton de Kock will probably open the inning.
- Temba Bavuma will bat at the one-down position.
- Aiden Markram and Heinrich Klaasen will handle the middle-order batting.
- Temba Bavuma will lead the South Africa as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Quinton de Kock will do the Wicket Keeping for South Africa.
- Keshav Maharaj and Tabraiz Shamsi will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Kagiso Rabada and Lungi Ngidi will lead the pace attack of his team.
The 40-over aside fixture on Thursday produced a very entertaining game and we expect another close contest in Ranchi in this clash. South Africa have players in form with the bat throughout their side and a talented bowling attack all capable of picking up wickets. However, we expect India to fight back from the defeat and win this game.
India are favorites to beat South Africa at odds.
IND Key Players:
the skipper averages 40.61 in Test cricket and 45.55 in ODIs. He has hit 24 centuries across his international career since making his debut in 2010.
the middle order batter scored 50 runs from 37 balls on Thursday and shared a 67 run partnership for the fifth wicket with Sanju Samson.
in the opening game of the series, the bowling all-rounder took the wickets of Janneman Malan and Temba Bavuma, both in South Africa’s top three.
SA Key Players:
Quinton de Kock
the left-hander had been struggling for runs over recent months but has suddenly found form again. He has hit 185 runs from his last three innings on this tour.
the 33 year old middle order batter made a duck in the first game of this tour but has since finished unbeaten with scores of 106, 19 and 75.
the right-arm quick dismissed Shubman Gill in the third over of the innings on Thursday and returned to get Avesh Khan with his penultimate delivery of his final over.
IND vs SA Team Forms:
IND Team Form:
The defeat on Tuesday was India’s first in this format after a run of seven successive victories.
SA Team Form:
South Africa have won three of their last five ODIs but have not won back to back games in this format since beating India in three successive matches in January.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Shikhar Dhawan(C), Shubman Gill, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Ishan Kishan(WK), Shreyas Iyer, Sanju Samson(WK), Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Siraj, Ravi Bishnoi, Avesh Khan, Mukesh Kumar, Rahul Tripathi, Rajat Patidar, Deepak Chahar, Shahbaz Ahmed
Janneman Malan, Quinton de Kock(WK), Temba Bavuma(C), Aiden Markram, Heinrich Klaasen(WK), David Miller, Wayne Parnell, Keshav Maharaj, Kagiso Rabada, Tabraiz Shamsi, Lungi Ngidi, Reeza Hendricks, Andile Phehlukwayo, Marco Jansen, Anrich Nortje