IND vs SA Dream11 Prediction for 1st T20 Match
Match: IND vs SA ODI Match Prediction
Time: 09 May, 07:00 PM (IST)
Series: 1st T20i Match
Venue: Arun Jaitley Stadium – New Delhi
IND vs SA Info:
- KL Rahul scored 616 runs and hit two centuries during the 2022 IPL and will captain the side in this series. We expect him to be India’s highest run scorer in this match. With the ball, Yuzvendra Chahal has 68 wickets in IT20s and he is well worth backing as India’s top wicket taker in this opening game of the series.
- Quinton de Kock hit 140 not-out for Lucknow Super Giants last month, the third highest score ever in the IPL. The keeper-batter is our pick for South Africa’s highest run scorer in this fixture. Kagiso Rabada was in excellent form for Punjab Kings in April and May and he is our tip for South Africa’s top wicket taker in Delhi.
- We expect to see the Indian openers put on a big opening stand. We predict that they will have a larger partnership than South Africa.
TV channels: This match will be shown live on Star Sports in India, Sky Sports in the UK, Fox Cricket in Australia and Siyatha TV in Sri Lanka.
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on Disney Plus and Sky Go.
Weather & Pitch Report:
No rain and clear skies throughout with the temperature above 35 degrees from start to finish.
We expect a relatively slow pitch which offers some assistance to spin bowlers in Delhi. A par score will be 160-165.
Although humidity is not a big factor in the evening in Delhi, we expect both skippers to want to field first before chasing a score. The last five IT20s at this venue has seen the toss winning side bat second.
W, W, W, W, W
W, W, W, W, L
✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ ❌
IIND vs SA Team News:
IND Team News:
With full-time captain Rohit Sharma given a break for the entirety of this series, top order batter KL Rahul will lead the side and will open alongside Ishan Kishan or Ruturaj Gaikwad. Hardik Pandya, who impressed batting at number three and four during the IPL, is expected to be used in the finisher role in this series.
SA Team News:
It may well have been a long time between IT20 fixtures for South Africa, but there is every chance that they will take the field with the same XI who beat England by 10 runs in Sharjah on November 6 last year. South Africa have a strong squad with no injuries to report at this stage.
IND vs SA Pre-Toss LineUps:
Small League Team: Pre-Toss
Who will win today’s match: India vs South Africa T20i Match Fantasy Team
Whenever two teams in strong form come together there is always a buzz and the opener of this series is no different. South Africa will be quietly confident of causing an upset or two across the five games but we are backing India to get off to a winning start.
India are favorites to beat South Africa
IND Key Players:
The opener averages over 40 in both ODI and IT20 cricket. He has a fantastic record in T20 cricket and fully deserves his opportunity as captain.
Still only 24 years of age, the keeper-batter has clocked up 97 international appearances since making his debut in 2017. He has a top score of 65 not-out in this format.
The spinner took 27 wickets and won the Purple Cap in the 2022 IPL. The leg-break bowler’s best figures in IT20s are 6-25.
SA Key Players:
Quinton de Kock:
The left-handed opener will be aggressive from the first ball and has a fine white ball record. He has scored 11 half-centuries in this format.
The skipper has only played 21 games internationally in this format but made useful contributions in the T20 World Cup. He is an excellent fielder but it will be his batting and leadership under the spotlight in this game.
The right arm pace bowler has an excellent reputation in India after taking 99 wickets from five seasons in the IPL. He is a strike bowler in any format.
IND vs SA Team Info:
IND Team Info:
- India, currently on a 12-match winning streak in the format, will begin the five-match T20I series against South Africa at the Arun Jaitley Stadium on 9th June.
- The Indian team had a productive time in its first official practice session ahead of the first T20I match against South Africa.
- They will be without their senior players like Virat Kohli, Jasprit Bumrah and Rohit Sharma.
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Ishan Kishan will probably open the inning.
- Shreyas Iyer will bat at the one-down position.
- Shreyas Iyer was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Rishabh Pant and Deepak Hooda will handle the middle-order batting.
- Rishabh Pant will lead the India as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Rishabh Pant will do the Wicket Keeping for India.
- Yuzvendra Chahal will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Harshal Patel and Bhuvneshwar Kumar will lead the pace attack of his team.
SA Team Updates:
- An inform South African side is coming with most of their players ruling the IPL.
- Q De Kock, Aiden Markaram and Kagiso Rabada were impressive and standout performers in IPL.
- They will definitely start as slight favourites looking at their strong squad against a young Indian side.
- Quinton de Kock and Reeza Hendricks will probably open the inning.
- Aiden Markram will bat at the one-down position.
- Temba Bavuma and Rassie van der-Dussen will handle the middle-order batting.
- Temba Bavuma will lead the South Africa as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Quinton de Kock will do the Wicket Keeping for South Africa.
- Tabraiz Shamsi and Keshav Maharaj will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Kagiso Rabada and Anrich Nortje will lead the pace attack of his team.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Ruturaj Gaikwad, Ishan Kishan, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant(WK)(C), Deepak Hooda, Venkatesh Iyer, Hardik Pandya, Harshal Patel, Arshdeep Singh, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Axar Patel, Avesh Khan, Lokesh Rahul, Ravi Bishnoi, Dinesh Karthik(WK), Umran Malik, Kuldeep Yadav.
Quinton de Kock(WK), Reeza Hendricks, Aiden Markram, Temba Bavuma(C), Rassie van der-Dussen, David Miller, Dwaine Pretorius, Keshav Maharaj, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Tabraiz Shamsi, Tristan Stubbs, Lungi Ngidi, Heinrich Klaasen(WK), Wayne Parnell, Marco Jansen.