India vs Sri Lanka
1st T20i Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 03 Jan, 07:00 PM (IST)
Series: 1st T20i Match
Venue: Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai, India
IND vs SL Dream11 Prediction:
- Suryakumar Yadav averages 44.00 in this format and he is well worth backing as India’s highest run scorer in this opening match of the series. Arshdeep Singh took 4-37 in his last IT20 and has taken 33 wickets from 21 matches in this format. He is our tip for India’s top wicket taker against Sri Lanka.
- Pathum Nissanka has hit nine half-centuries in IT20s and he is a strong choice for Sri Lanka’s highest run scorer in this game. With the ball, Wanindu Hasaranga ended the 2022 T20 World Cup as the top wicket taker and he is our pick for Sri Lanka’s top wicket taker at the Wankhede Stadium.
- We recommend backing Suryakumar Yadav to score over 27.5 runs in this game.
IND vs SL Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Star Sports, Sky Sports Cricket, Super Sports and Fox Cricket.
Fans can stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar and Sky Go.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Clear skies throughout this game in Mumbai. The temperature will be in the mid-high 20s from start to finish with moderate humidity levels.
There is always good pace in this wicket and we expect the ball to come onto the bat nicely in this match. A par score will be over 175.
Teams batting second have won 52.5% of IT20s at the Wankhede Stadium. We predict that both teams will want to field first if they win the toss.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
D, W, L, W, W
L, W, L, L, W
IND vs SL TEAM NEWS:
IND Team News:
All-rounder Hardik Pandya, who led the team in New Zealand in November, will captain the team throughout this series although he has not been appointed as the long-term skipper in this format. Virat Kohli and KL Rahul are both not in the squad for this game or the series.
SL Team News:
Although Sri Lanka suffered from plenty of injuries during the 2022 T20 World Cup, they come into this series with no new injuries or players unavailable. We expect Sri Lanka’s line-up to be very similar to their last game in this format during the T20 World Cup.IND vs SL Pre-Toss LineUps:
IND Team Updates
- India have witnessed a total of 2 victories in the last five matches in the recent while, out of which two have been washed out due to rain.
- Shubman Gill and Ishan Kishan will probably open the inning.
- Ishan Kishan was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Suryakumar Yadav will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Hardik Pandya and Sanju Samson will handle the middle-order batting.
- Hardik Pandya will lead the India as a Captain. He is also a good Alrounder
- Sanju Samson will do the Wicket Keeping for India.
- Yuzvendra Chahal and Axar Patel will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Arshdeep Singh and Harshal Patel will lead the pace attack of his team.
SL Team Updates
- Sri Lanka have won only two of their last five T20I matches in the recent while.
- The last time the two teams met was in the Super 4 of the Asia Cup and Sri Lanka won that game by 6 wickets.
- Kusal Mendis and Pathum Nissanka will probably open the inning.
- Bhanuka Rajapaksa will bat at the one-down position.
- Dhananjaya de Silva and Charith Asalanka will handle the middle-order batting.
- Charith Asalanka was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Dasun Shanaka will lead the Sri Lanka as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Kusal Mendis will do the Wicket Keeping for Sri Lanka.
- Wanindu Hasaranga and Maheesh Theekshana will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Kasun Rajitha will lead the pace attack of his team.
This should be an excellent series and cricket supporters across the world are looking forward to this opening game. Although India are without some of their top players, they still have excellent players in all positions. We expect Sri Lanka to be competitive but think that India’s bowlers will be too strong. Overall we are predicting a win for India.
India is favorites to beat Sri Lanka
IND Key Players:
The top order batter was the leading run scorer in IT20s during 2022. He will be vice-captain of this team but we expect him to still play with freedom in this match.
The skipper had an excellent year of cricket in this format and has established himself as one of the key players for India across both white-ball teams. He will be crucial with bat and ball in this game.
The young left-arm pace bowler is capable of picking up wickets at the start and end of an innings. His yorkers are particularly impressive.
SL Key Players:
The 24 year old opener has become one of Sri Lanka’s most important players across all formats. The opener hit 67 runs in his last IT20 and he will be looking to continue his good international form in this game.
The bowling all-rounder will take on the role of vice-captain in this series. He has taken 71 wickets from 52 IT20s.
Although he has played only 25 IT20s, he has an excellent record in this format. He has picked up wickets in each of his last five international appearances.
IND vs SL Team Forms:
IND Team Form:
Although there is still room for improvement in India’s IT20 performances, they have lost only one of their last five matches in this format.
SL Team Form:
Sri Lanka had some very strong performances in this format over 2021 but have lost three of their last four IT20s.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Shubman Gill, Ishan Kishan(WK), Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya(C), Sanju Samson(WK), Deepak Hooda, Axar Patel, Harshal Patel, Umran Malik, Arshdeep Singh, Yuzvendra Chahal, Mukesh Kumar, Shivam Mavi, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Washington Sundar, Rahul Tripathi
Sri Lanka (SL):
Kusal Mendis(WK), Pathum Nissanka, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dhananjaya de Silva, Charith Asalanka, Dasun Shanaka(C), Wanindu Hasaranga, Dunith Wellalage, Chamika Karunaratne, Maheesh Theekshana, Kasun Rajitha, Nuwan Thushara, Sadeera Samarawickrama(WK), Avishka Fernando, Ashen Bandara, Pramod Madushan, Lahiru Kumara, Dilshan Madusanka