India vs Sri Lanka
2nd T20i Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 05 Jan, 07:00 PM (IST)
Series: 2nd T20i Match
Venue: Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium – Pune
IND vs SL Dream11 Prediction:
- Suryakumar Yadav got off to a poor start in this series but we expect him to come back with a big score in this game. He is our pick for India’s highest run scorer in this IT20. With the ball, Shivam Mavi took 4-22 on Tuesday and he is well worth backing as India’s top wicket taker in this game.
- Pathum Nissanka will be keen to make up for his three-ball innings on Tuesday and has a strong recent T20 record. The opener is our tip for Sri Lanka’s highest run scorer in this match. Wanindu Hasaranga took 1-22 from his four overs in the first IT20 and he is a strong choice for Sri Lanka’s top wicket taker in Pune.
- We recommend backing Suryakumar Yadav to hit the most sixes in this match.
IND vs SL Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Star Sports, Sky Sports Cricket, Super Sports and Fox Cricket.
Fans can stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar and Sky Go.
Weather & Pitch Report:
There will be some cloud cover but with no danger of rain during the evening of this game. Humidity levels will go beyond 50% but not enough to cause problems for the fielding side in the second half of the match.
Quick bowlers have a better overall record in T20 fixtures at this venue than spinners and we expect that to continue in this game. A par score will be around 170 in Pune.
The team batting second has won two of the three IT20s at this venue and we predict that both captains will want to field first in this match.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
W, T, W, L, W
L, L, W, L, L
IND vs SL TEAM NEWS:
IND Team News:
Captain Hardik Pandya was only able to bowl three overs on Tuesday after suffering from cramp and had to leave the field at one stage. However, he assured fans in the post-game press conference that there was nothing to worry about and we expect him to be fully fit to lead the team in this match.
SL Team News:
Kasun Rajitha was the only Sri Lanka bowler to not take a wicket and to be expensive in the first IT20 but he had a very impressive debut at this venue seven years ago and we expect him to retain his place in the side. There are no injury worries in the team ahead of this game.
IND vs SL Pre-Toss LineUps:
IND vs SL Team Updates:
IND Team Updates
- Asked to bat first, Team India lost some wickets initially before Hooda (41*) and Axar Patel (31*) took Team India to a total of 162/5 in 20 overs
- For India, Umran Malik and Harshal Patel scalped two wickets each. Team India take 1-0 lead in the two-match series.
- Shubman Gill and Ishan Kishan will probably open the inning.
- Suryakumar Yadav will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Sanju Samson and Hardik Pandya will handle the middle-order batting.
- Hardik Pandya will lead the India as a Captain. He is also a good Alrounder
- Sanju Samson will do the Wicket Keeping for India.
- Deepak Hooda and Axar Patel will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Shivam Mavi and Umran Malik will lead the pace attack of his team.
SL Team Updates
- Chasing 163, Sri Lanka kept on losing wickets at regular intervals but Chamika Karunaratne played an unbeaten inning of 23 runs.
- However, the visitors fell short of 2 runs as they were bundled out at 160 in the last-ball thriller. Apart from that, Dasun Shanaka smashed 45 runs.
- Kusal Mendis and Pathum Nissanka will probably open the inning.
- Dhananjaya de Silva will bat at the one-down position.
- Charith Asalanka and Bhanuka Rajapaksa will handle the middle-order batting.
- Dasun Shanaka will lead the Sri Lanka as a Captain. He was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Kusal Mendis will do the Wicket Keeping for Sri Lanka.
- Wanindu Hasaranga and Maheesh Theekshana will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Dilshan Madusanka and Kasun Rajitha will lead the pace attack of his team.
Many pundits expected a competitive opening game of the series but few could have predicted such a close contest on Tuesday evening. We expect this match to be close again but are expecting India’s batters to produce more runs at the top of the order. Overall we predict that Sri Lanka will be competitive but are backing India to get another win.
India are favorite to beat Sri Lanka
IND Key Players:
Suryakmuar Yadav –
The number three batter hit one four on Tuesday and we do not think that he has suddenly become a bad player. He will enjoy the pace of the wicket and we expect a big score in this match.
Hardik Pandya –
The captain returned impressive figures of 0-12 with all three of his overs being sent down during the Powerplay. He will look forward to bowling on this pitch in Pune.
Shivam Mavi –
the debutant equaled the most wickets taken by an India player on their T20I debut in the first game. He was also the most economical of all the Indian players to bowl four overs.
SL Key Players:
Pathum Nissanka –
The opener got a good delivery from the debutant, Shivam Mavi, and was bowled at the Wankhede Stadium. However, he is a level headed man and could well make a big contribution in this match.
Wanindu Hasaranga –
The vice-captain produced with both bat and ball in Mumbai. He hit quick runs after picking up the wicket of Sanju Samson and will be a crucial player for Sri Lanka in this game.
Mahesh Theekshana –
The spinner trapped Shubman Gill lbw in his first over and turned the momentum of the game. He is a regular wicket-taker across all formats on all pitches.
IND vs SL Team Forms:
IND Team Form:
India have lost only one of their last seven IT20s and showed that they can get through the big moments in Tuesday’s win.
SL Team Form:
Sri Lanka have struggled in this format since the Super 12 stage of the 2022 T20 World Cup. They have won only one of their last five IT20s.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Shubman Gill, Ishan Kishan(WK), Suryakumar Yadav, Sanju Samson(WK), Hardik Pandya(C), Deepak Hooda, Axar Patel, Harshal Patel, Shivam Mavi, Umran Malik, Yuzvendra Chahal, Arshdeep Singh, Mukesh Kumar, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Washington Sundar, Rahul Tripathi
Sri Lanka (SL):
Kusal Mendis(WK), Pathum Nissanka, Dhananjaya de Silva, Charith Asalanka, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dasun Shanaka(C), Wanindu Hasaranga, Chamika Karunaratne, Maheesh Theekshana, Kasun Rajitha, Dilshan Madusanka, Nuwan Thushara, Sadeera Samarawickrama(WK), Avishka Fernando, Ashen Bandara, Dunith Wellalage, Pramod Madushan, Lahiru Kumara