India vs Sri Lanka
2nd ODI Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 12 Jan, 01:30 PM (IST)
Series: 2nd ODI Match
Venue: Eden Gardens – Kolkata, India
IND vs SL Dream11 Prediction:
- Virat Kohli hit 113 from 87 balls on Tuesday, his second successive ODI century, and we expect him to be India’s highest run scorer in this match. Mohammed Siraj took 2-30 and bowled a maiden in the opening game and he is well worth backing as India’s top wicket taker in the second ODI.
- Opener Pathum Nissanka hit 72 runs from 80 balls in Guwahati and he is a strong choice for Sri Lanka’s highest run scorer in Kolkata. With the ball, Chamika Karunaratne has taken at least one wicket in all four matches on this tour so far. The pace bowler is our pick for Sri Lanka’s top wicket taker in this match.
- When Virat Kohli is on form, there are very few other players who can bat with the same level of consistency. We recommend backing him to hit over 41.5 run in this game.
IND vs SL Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Star Sports, Super Sports and Fox Cricket.
Fans can stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar and Sky Go.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The temperature will be at 26 degrees for the first ball before dropping slightly over the rest of the match. There is no danger of any rain interrupting this fixture.
There is always pace in the wicket at Eden Gardens and we expect the quick bowlers to perform better than the spinners in this match. A par score will be around 360-370 in this ODI.
The last six ODIs at this venue have been won by the team batting first and, with humidity levels set to increase in the second half of the game, our prediction is that both captains will choose to bat first in this match.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
W, W, L, L, N
L, W, N, L, L
IND vs SL TEAM NEWS:
IND Team News:
In spite of his heroics with the bat in the IT20 series, India had no place for Suryakumar Yadav in their XI for the opening ODI. We expect him to be kept out of this game again and for Shubman Gill to continue at the top of the order in place of Ishan Kishan.
SL Team News:
22-year-old left-arm medium-fast bowler Dilshan Madushanka made his ODI debut in the opening game of the series and we expect him to be selected again after picking up the wicket of Rohit Sharma. No injuries have been reported after the game in Guwahati.
IND vs SL Pre-Toss LineUps:
IND vs SL Team Updates:
IND Team Updates
- Virat Kohli hit his 45th ODI century whereas Rohit Sharma and Shubman Gill entertained with sparkling fifties to help India post a mammoth score on the board.
- In reply, the visitors never appeared to threaten India in their pursuit of 374 and had it not been for an unbeaten hundred from their skipper right at the end, they would have lost by an even bigger margin.
- Rohit Sharma and Shubman Gill will probably open the inning.
- Virat Kohli will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Virat Kohli is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Shreyas Iyer and Lokesh Rahul will handle the middle-order batting.
- Rohit Sharma will lead the India as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Lokesh Rahul will do the Wicket Keeping for India.
- Yuzvendra Chahal and Axar Patel will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Umran Malik and Mohammed Siraj will lead the pace attack of his team.
SL Team Updates
- Dasun Shanaka the man, smashed a wonderful hundred however it did not come in the winning ways for the team.
- Sri Lanka didnt get off to the greatest of starts even though Nissanka fetched three boundaries inside the first three overs.
- Kusal Mendis and Avishka Fernando will probably open the inning.
- Pathum Nissanka will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Charith Asalanka and Dhananjaya de Silva will handle the middle-order batting.
- Dasun Shanaka will lead the Sri Lanka as a Captain. He was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Kusal Mendis will do the Wicket Keeping for Sri Lanka.
- Wanindu Hasaranga and Dunith Wellalage will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Kasun Rajitha and Chamika Karunaratne will lead the pace attack of his team.
Although Dasun Shanaka batted very impressively over the final stretch of Sri Lanka’s innings in the opening game, India’s victory was never in doubt. Across both batting and bowling, India were much the better side and particularly with the bat, India have a far superior record. With the likes of Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma in top form, we are predicting another win for India.
After a competitive IT20 series, there is plenty of excitement ahead of this game. Sri Lanka have a good squad to pick from and they will be looking to build early momentum ahead of the World Cup later this year. However, India’s batting line-up is one of the best in the world and we are predicting a victory for them in this opening match.
India are favorites to beat Sri Lanka
IND Key Players:
Virat Kohli –
It is now 45 ODI centuries for the former skipper and 73 international hundreds in total. He has hit exactly 113 in both of his last two games in this format.
Rohit Sharma –
The skipper returned to international cricket with 83 on Tuesday. He will be looking for his third successive ODI half-century in this match.
Mohammed Siraj –
The right arm pace bowler took two wickets in the first six overs of Sri Lanka’s innings. He has picked up at least one wicket in 14 of his 17 ODIs.
SL Key Players:
Pathum Nissanka –
The right-handed opener struck 11 fours against the India bowling attack on Tuesday and has now hit six scores over fifty from 21 ODIs.
Dasun Shanaka –
The 31 year old skipper continued his very strong form against India in Guwahati with his second ODI century. He has 232 runs from four innings on this tour.
Chamika Karunaratne –
The bowling all-rounder has proved capable of generating good pace across the IT20s and the first ODI. He will enjoy bowling on this wicket in Kolkata.
IND vs SL Team Forms:
IND Team Form:
India look to be back to their best in this format and, with the selectors picking their strongest possible ODI team, they are targeting their third successive win.
SL Team Form:
Sri Lanka have won one of their last five ODIs but did beat Australia, 2-1 at home, in the series before this run in June.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Rohit Sharma(C), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Lokesh Rahul(WK), Hardik Pandya, Axar Patel, Mohammed Shami, Umran Malik, Mohammed Siraj, Yuzvendra Chahal, Ishan Kishan(WK), Washington Sundar, Suryakumar Yadav, Kuldeep Yadav, Arshdeep Singh
Sri Lanka (SL):
Kusal Mendis(WK), Avishka Fernando, Pathum Nissanka, Charith Asalanka, Dhananjaya de Silva, Dasun Shanaka(C), Wanindu Hasaranga, Chamika Karunaratne, Dunith Wellalage, Kasun Rajitha, Dilshan Madusanka, Nuwanidu-Fernando, Sadeera Samarawickrama(WK), Ashen Bandara, Maheesh Theekshana, Pramod Madushan, Lahiru Kumara, Jeffrey Vandersay