India vs Sri Lanka
Asia Cup T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 06 Sep, 07:30 PM (IST)
Series: Asia Cup Super Four, Match 3
Venue: Dubai Intl. Cricket Stadium, Dubai
IND vs SL Dream11 Prediction:
- Virat Kohli hit 60 from 44 balls against Pakistan and is the second highest run scorer in the tournament so far. He is well worth backing as India’s highest run scorer against Sri Lanka. With the ball, Bhuvneshwar Kumar has six wickets in the competition and he is our pick for India’s top wicket taker on Tuesday
- Opener Kusal Mendis top scored for Sri Lanka in the win over Afghanistan and he is our tip for their highest run scorer against India. Wanindu Hasaranga is Sri Lanka’s top bowler and the spinner is a strong choice for their top wicket taker in this game.
- We recommend backing form batter Virat Kohli to hit over 25.5 runs in this game.
IND vs SL Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Star Sports Network and DD Sports.
Fans can stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Clear skies with the temperature in the mid-30s from start to finish in Dubai.
The surface in Dubai has sped up as the competition has progressed. Slower balls will be the best weapon for the pace bowlers and we expect a par score to be over 170.
Venue Scoring Stats:
Total matches: 61
Batting first won: 34 (55%)
Bowling first won: 26 (42%)
1st inn avg score: 144
2nd inn avg score: 122
Highest Total: 211/3
Lowest Total: 71/10
Highest Chased: 183/5
Lowest Defended: 134/7
Bangladesh are the only team we have seen win the toss and choose to bat first in this tournament. Both sides are expected to elect to field first in this IT20.
Team Form in Last Five Matches:
L, W, W, W, W
W, W, L, W, L
IND vs SL TEAM NEWS:
IND Team News:
There were three changes to India’s XI for their clash with Pakistan on Sunday with Deepak Hooda, Ravi Bishnoi and Hardik Pandya coming in for the out of form Avesh Khan, injured Ravindra Jadeja and Dinesh Karthik who was not selected to keep wicket.
SL Team News:
Dasun Shanaka’s side were unchanged for Saturday’s victory over Afghanistan after beating Bangladesh on September 1st in the opening stage of the Asia Cup 2022. We expect Sri Lanka to field the same team as they target their third successive win
IND vs SL Pre-Toss LineUps:
IND vs SL Team Updates
- India came close against Pakistan in the last encounter however could not win the game.
- Despite putting a huge total on board, they were unable to defend the target.
- Rohit Sharma and Lokesh Rahul will probably open the inning.
- Virat Kohli will bat at the one-down position.
- Suryakumar Yadav and Rishabh Pant will handle the middle-order batting.
- Rohit Sharma will lead the India as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Rishabh Pant will do the Wicket Keeping for India.
- Yuzvendra Chahal and Ravi Bishnoi will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Arshdeep Singh will lead the pace attack of his team.
Sri Lanka (SL)
- Sri Lanka have made a brilliant come back as they won both of their last games.
- They defeated Afghanistan in a close encounter and registered their place in Super 4.
- Kusal Mendis and Pathum Nissanka will probably open the inning.
- Charith Asalanka will bat at the one-down position.
- Danushka Gunathilaka and Bhanuka Rajapaksa will handle the middle-order batting.
- Dasun Shanaka will lead the Sri Lanka as a Captain. He is also a good Alrounder.
- Kusal Mendis will do the Wicket-Keeping for Sri Lanka.
- Wanindu Hasaranga and Maheesh Theekshana will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Dilshan Madushanka and Asitha Fernando will lead the pace attack of his team.
Whenever India and Pakistan meet in any format, you know there will be a huge amount of pressure on both sides and a great atmosphere in the ground. India got over the line last time, but the result could have been different, if for example, Naseem Shah had not been struck with cramp in his final overs. Pakistan continue to miss Shaheen Shah Afridi who got the wickets of both Indian openers at this ground in the T20 World Cup but will be injured for the entirety of this Asia Cup. We are expecting a close game and are predicting India to win.
India are favourites to beat Pakistan at odds
IND Key Players:
The Indian number three batter is back to his best and hit four fours and one six against Pakistan on Sunday. He has scored 35, 59 not out and 60 in this tournament so far.
The left-arm pace bowler conceded only 27 runs from 3.5 overs on Sunday. He has taken wickets in eight of his nine IT20 appearances.
The right arm quick bowler was expensive against Pakistan but still picked up the crucial wicket of Mohammad Nawaz.
with Recent Form
[4W, 2W, 2W, 0W, 1W]
[36 0, 30, 1, DNB]
[21, 12, 33, 11, 0]
[1W, 2W, 0W, 3W, 1W]
[(33*, 3W), 28, 1W, (31, 1W)]
[68*, 18, 24, 76, 11]
[53*, 35, 17, 16, 11]
SL Key Players:
The keeper-batter has hit 98 runs in the tournament so far. His innings on Saturday included two fours and three sixes.
The left-arm pace bowler made his IT20 debut in Sri Lanka’s opening game of the 2022 Asia Cup. He took 2-36 against Afghanistan on Saturday.
The bowling all-rounder has taken three wickets in the series but went wicketless against Afghanistan. However, he chipped in with a very useful 16 not out with the bat to take Sri Lanka home.
with Recent Form
[10, 45, 0, 1W, 0]
[31, 2, 38, 13, 0]
[2W, 31, 2W, 0W, 3W]
[16*, 2W, 1W, (21*, 1W)]
[36, 60, 2, 14, 87]
IND Team Form:
India’s defeat to Pakistan on Sunday ended their five match winning streak in IT20s. They have won six of their last eight games in this format.
SL Team Form:
Sri Lanka have won three of the last four matches in this format and were too strong for Afghanistan on Saturday.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Rohit Sharma(C), Lokesh Rahul, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Rishabh Pant(WK), Hardik Pandya, Deepak Hooda, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Ravi Bishnoi, Yuzvendra Chahal, Arshdeep Singh, Ravichandran Ashwin, Dinesh Karthik(WK), Axar Patel, Avesh Khan, Deepak Chahar
Kusal Mendis(WK), Pathum Nissanka, Charith Asalanka, Danushka Gunathilaka, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dasun Shanaka(C), Wanindu Hasaranga, Chamika Karunaratne, Maheesh Theekshana, Dilshan Madushanka, Asitha Fernando, Nuwan Thushara, Matheesha Pathirana, Dinesh Chandimal(WK), Dhananjaya de Silva, Ashen Bandara, Nuwanidu Fernando, Pramod Madushan, Praveen Jayawickrama, Jeffrey Vandersay.