India-W vs Australia-W
2nd T20I Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 11 Dec, 07:00 PM (IST)
Series: 2nd T20i Match
Venue: Dr DY Patil Sports Academy, Mumbai
- Shafali Verma looked good on Friday and the opener is our pick for India Women’s highest run scorer in this WT20I.
- Beth Mooney has been one of the top players in the WBBL over recent seasons and she is our tip for Australia Women’s highest run scorer in this match.
- Ellyse Perry took 2-10 in Friday’s match and we are backing her to be Australia Women’s top wicket taker in the second WT20I.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Weather in Mumbai, IN is smoke. The temperature is expected to around 28°C on the match day with 42% humidity and 5.8 km/h wind speed. There are 50% chances of precipitation during the game
The match will be played at the DY Patil Stadium, Mumbai. The reliable nature of the pitch was obvious in the first match of the series and we expect consistent bounce with a par score around 185.
Six of India Women’s batters made scores between 21 and 36 in the opening game on Friday and they will need one or two of their top players to produce something big in this match. Neither their batters or bowlers were able to get on top of the Australian’s in the first match and we expect to see a response in this game.
Shafali Verma and Richa Ghosh both hit two sixes each in the first WT20I but India Women will be looking to the opening pair of Verma and Smriti Mandhana to take the attack to Australia Women in this game. Jemima Rodrigues made a six-ball duck on Friday and we expect a whole lot more from her in this match.
It was an evening in Mumbai to forget for India Women’s bowlers in the first match. Leg-spinner, Devika Vaidya, in only her ninth WODI, was the only bowler in the attack to pick up a wicket. Renuka Singh and Deepti Sharma both have more than enough talent to dismiss Australian batters.
It was an excellent start to this tour for Australia Women with both the batting and bowling unit proving their quality once again. That said, there is still room for improvement for the team and you would not be surprised to see them produce an even better showing in this match.
The opening pair of Beth Mooney and skipper Alyssa Healy put on 73 from 8.5 overs before Healy, the skipper-keeper was dismissed for 37 runs from 23 balls. Beth Mooney took the Player of the Match Award with a very impressive 89 not out from 57 balls.
Kim Garth, Ellyse Perry, Ashleigh Gardner and Annabel Sutherland all picked up wickets in the opening match of the series but it was unusual to see Megan Schutt concede 43 runs from her four wicketless overs. Spinners, Jess Jonassen and Alana King, also did not pick up wickets but will be threats in this match.
IND-W vs AUS-W Pre-Toss LineUps:
IND-W Team Updates
- Despite a good total on board, Indian women lost their last game against Australia.
- Indian batters put a big total of 172 with Deepti Sharma smashing 36* off just 15 balls and Richa Ghosh scoring 36 off 20 balls.
- Smriti Mandhana and Shafali Verma will probably open the inning.
- Jemimah Rodrigues will bat at the one-down position.
- Harmanpreet Kaur and Devika Vaidya will handle the middle-order batting.
- Harmanpreet Kaur will lead the India Women as a Captain. She is also a good Batsman
- Richa Ghosh will do the Wicket-Keeping for India Women.
- Deepti Sharma and Radha Yadav will take care of the spin bowling of her team.
- Anjali Sarwani and Renuka Singh will lead the pace attack of her team.
AUS-W Team Updates
- Australian top order was all over the Indian bowling unit in the last game.
- For Australia, star all-rounder Ellyse Perry took two wickets but the likes of Megan Schutt and Alana King struggled for wickets.
- Star opener Beth Mooney smashed an unbeaten 89 runs off 57 balls and Tahlia McGrath contributed 40* runs.
- Alyssa Healy and Beth Mooney will probably open the inning.
- Tahila McGrath will bat at the one-down position.
- Ashleigh Gardner and Ellyse Perry will handle the middle-order batting.
- Alyssa Healy will lead the Australia Women as a Captain. She is also a good Wicket-Keeper
- Alyssa Healy will do the Wicket Keeping for Australia Women.
- Ashleigh Gardner and Jess Jonassen will take care of the spin bowling of her team.
- Megan Schutt will lead the pace attack of her team.
Considering these two sides are seen as the top two in this format, most observers were expecting a closer contest in the opening clash. However, Australia showed how much of a professional side they are with an excellent display of tight bowling and controlled aggression in their batting at the top of the order. We expect India Women to run Australia Women closer in this clash but we are backing Australia Women to get another win.
Australia Women are favorites to beat India Women
IND-W Team Form:
India Women ended a run of winning matches with the heavy defeat on Friday.
Australia Women continue to be the team to beat in this format. They have not lost in this format since March 2021.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Smriti Mandhana, Shafali Verma, Jemimah Rodrigues, Harmanpreet Kaur(C), Devika Vaidya, Richa Ghosh(WK), Deepti Sharma, Radha Yadav, Anjali Sarwani, Meghna Singh, Renuka Singh, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Sabbhineni Meghana, Yastika Bhatia(WK), Harleen Deol
Alyssa Healy(WK)(C), Beth Mooney, Tahila McGrath, Ashleigh Gardner, Ellyse Perry, Grace Harris, Annabel Sutherland, Kim Garth, Jess Jonassen, Alana King, Megan Schutt, Darcie Brown, Phoebe Litchfield, Heather Graham, Nicola Carey