India vs Ireland Women
ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 20 Feb, 06:30 PM (IST)
Series: ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Match-18
Venue: St Georges Park – Gqeberha, South Africa
IND-W vs IRE-W Dream11 Prediction:
- Smriti Mandhana registered a well composed 52 (41) at a striker rate of 127 which kept Ind-W in hunt till the 16th over. The top order batter is our tip of Ind-W’s highest run scorer in this match. Renuka Singh’s impressive figures of 5/15 troubled the Eng-W immensely as they were found gasping for breath. She put a great show with the ball in the initial as well as the death overs. She is our strong choice for Ind-W’s top wicket-taker against Ire-W.
- Orla Prendergast would be riding high on confidence after her knock of 61(47) which nearly got her side home against WI-W. We are backing the 20-year-old as Ire-W’s highest run scorer in this match. Arlene Kelly looked good with the ball throughout the tournament and has picked 3 wickets so far at an economy rate of less than 7.5 RPO. The medium pacer is our strong choice for Ire-W’s top wicket-taker against Ind-W.
- With 6 scalps to her name at an astounding economy of 5.25 RPO, we recommend backing Renuka Singh to take over 2.5 wickets in this clash.
IND-W vs IRE-W Live Streaming:
TV Channels: This match will be shown live on Star Sports, SuperSport, Sky Sport Cricket, Gazi TV, PTV Sports, Fox Sports and ESPN+.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, SuperSport App and Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The weather in Gqeberha is expected to be fairly cloudy with some chances of rain. There will be a fair bit of moisture around as the humidity rate is expected to be at around 66%. The maximum high is expected to creep up to 26 C.
The deck at St George’s Park is generally great for pacers who enjoy bowling with the new ball. The wicket which is favorable to the bowlers generally becomes slow as the game progresses thus bringing the slow bowlers into the picture.
The average first innings score is more than that of the second innings which is a clear indication of the fact that the pitch slows down as the game progresses. Hence chasing for the side batting second could be a tall order to fill. Either captain may win the toss and opt to bat first.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
L, W, W, L, W
L, L, L, W, L
IND-W vs IRE-W TEAM NEWS:
IND-W Team News:
IND-W have performed exceptionally well in this tournament barring their last game against Eng-W where they couldn’t get going in the final overs. Having won 2 out of 3 games, Ind-W look well placed in the points table and are on their way to winning the upcoming fixture.
IRE-W Team News:
IRE-W have been beaten comprehensively in this year’s Women’s T20 World Cup by Eng-W, Pak-W and WI-W. They will try whatever they can to bring about some forced changes in all departments leading up to this upcoming fixture.
IND-W vs IRE-W Pre-Toss LineUps:
IND-W vs IRE-W Team Updates:
IND-W Team Updates –
- Shafali Verma and Smriti Mandhana will probably open the inning.
- Jemimah Rodrigues will bat at the one-down position. She is the backbone of the batting team.
- Harmanpreet Kaur and Richa Ghosh will handle the middle-order batting.
- Richa Ghosh is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Harmanpreet Kaur will lead the India Women as a Captain. She is also a good Batsman
- Richa Ghosh will do the Wicket-Keeping for India Women. She is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Deepti Sharma and Radha Yadav will take care of the spin bowling of her team.
- Renuka Singh and Shikha Pandey will lead the pace attack of her team.
- Renuka Singh was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match
IRE-W Team Updates –
- Amy Hunter and Gaby Lewis will probably open the inning.
- Orla Prendergast will bat at the one-down position. She is the backbone of the batting team.
- Orla Prendergast is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Eimear Richardson and Louise Little will handle the middle-order batting.
- Laura Delany will lead the Ireland Women as a Captain. She is also a good Alrounder
- Amy Hunter will do the Wicket Keeping for Ireland Women.
- Arlene Kelly and Cara Murray will lead the pace attack of her team
Considering the form of both sides in this year’s world cup edition, an easy win for Ind-W is surely on the cards. They have a wealth of experience under their belt and are only one win away from securing a place in the semis. Whereas Ire-W are down and out and have been completed knocked out of the qualification contention. With such a defeated mindset, Ire-W are on the brink of another embarrassing defeat.
India Women are favorites to beat Ireland Women
IND-W Key Players:
Smriti Mandhana –
Mandhaha is Ind-W’s all time bating stalwart and her record in WT20I is nothing short of phenomenal. She emerged as the highest run scorer for Ind-W in the last year alone amassing 742 runs at an average of 32.26. When she getss her eye in, she can score big and dominate the bowling of any class.
Jemimah Rodrigues –
Rodrigues is another Ind-W batter who has been delivering it for her side on a consistent basis of late. Her matching winning innings of 53(38) against Pak-W came at a lightening quick pace which handed Ind-W with a famous victory at a crucial stage of the tournament. Besides she has a healthy batting average of just under 30 and has been able to register a top score of 76 in her relatively short WT20I career.
Harmanpreet Kaur –
The Ind-W skipper is one of the most consistent performers in WODI and WT20I formats. The all-rounder has stood and delivered time and again for her side whenever the chips were down. She has a century to her name along with a 4 wicket haul in in WT20I. Even in this year’s world cup edition, she scored a majority of the runs for her side and looked composed against top oppositions.
IRE-W Key Players:
Gaby Lewis –
Gaby Lewis is arguably one of the best batters in the Ire-W side. She has been scoring runs on a consistent basis and has delivered on occasions when it mattered the most. Her heroics against Pak-W where she scored 71(46) helped Ire-W clinch the match and also the series in a scintillating fashion. She started her world cup campaign on a steady note and got some useful runs up the order against Eng-W. She currently averaged 26.37 with the bat and has a formidable strike rate of just under 120.
Arlene Kelly –
Kelly has emerged as the highest wicket-taker for Ire-W in recent times. Last year alone, she bagged 22 T20I wickets in just 17 innings which came at a record-breaking average of 15.40. Her strike rate and economy rate of 15.6 and 5.9 respectively can send some chills down the spine of any world-class batter. Her contribution with the ball helped Ire-W register a famous series win against Pak-W in their backyard last year in November. With some notable achievements under her belt, we expect Kelly to showcase her prowess with the ball yet.
Orla Prendergast –
The young 20-year-old has a bright future ahead of her. At such a young age she is now one of the top run-getters for Ire-W. She currently has a phenomenal T20 batting average of 22.59 coupled with a robust strike rate of over 122. Known for her all-around abilities with the bat and the ball she is truly an asset for her side.
IND-W vs IRE-W Team Forms:
IND-W Team Form:
Ind-W have performed exceptionally well in this tournament barring their last game against Eng-W where they couldn’t get going in the final overs. Having won 2 out of 3 games, Ind-W look well placed in the points table and are on their way to winning the upcoming fixture.
IRE-W Team Form:
Although Ire-W have managed to register one win in their last 5 T20I games. They have been jolted pretty badly in the ongoing edition of the Women’s T20 World Cup. The heavy defeats would certainly be playing on their minds and any possibility of a fierce resistance appears dim at this stage.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
IND-W vs IRE-W SQUAD:
India Women (IND-W):
Shafali Verma, Smriti Mandhana, Jemimah Rodrigues, Harmanpreet Kaur(C), Richa Ghosh(WK), Deepti Sharma, Pooja Vastrakar, Shikha Pandey, Radha Yadav, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Renuka Singh, Yastika Bhatia(WK), Harleen Deol, Devika Vaidya, Sabbhineni Meghana, Anjali Sarwani, Sneh Rana, Meghna Singh.
Ireland Women (IRE-W):
Amy Hunter(WK), Gaby Lewis, Orla Prendergast, Eimear Richardson, Louise Little, Laura Delany(C), Arlene Kelly, Mary Waldron(WK), Leah Paul, Cara Murray, Jane Maguire, Sophie MacMahon, Shauna Kavanagh, Georgina Dempsey, Rachel Delaney