India vs Malaysia Women
Asia Cup T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 03 Oct, 01:00 PM (IST)
Series: Women’s Asia Cup T20 Match
Venue: Sylhet International Cricket Stadium – Bangladesh
- We expect India Women’s openers to be dominant in this game and are backing Smriti Mandhana to be their highest run scorer against Malaysia Women.
- Deepti Sharma got lots of assistance from this pitch in the first match and she is our tip for India Women’s top wicket taker in this game.
- Elsa Hunter showed that she can hang around and will not throw away her wicket in the game against Pakistan Women. She is our pick for Malaysia Women’s highest run scorer against India Women.
The match will be live telecast on Star Sports network.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The weather will be clean and there are no chances of rain.
The match will be played at the Sylhet International Cricket Stadium Ground 2. Although spinners have had plenty of joy on this pitch so far, it is still a good batting surface. A par score will be over 140.
IND-W Team News:
Playing against a side who had beaten them in their last meeting, India Women had a comfortable 41 runs win over Sri Lanka Women on Saturday afternoon. There may be a temptation to rest some of their top players after many games over recent months.
MAL-W Team News:
Although Malaysia Women suffered a big nine-wicket defeat against Pakistan Women in their opening match, they will have been pleased to take a wicket in the field and to bat out the entirety of their 20 overs with the bat. A replica of that in this game will be considered an achievement.
IND-W vs MAL-W Pre-Toss LineUps:
Malaysia Women very rarely play against the top teams in women’s cricket and, although they are very competitive against the smaller nations, they do struggle against the best. We are predicting a comprehensive victory for India Women.
India Women are favorites to beat Malaysia Women
IND-W vs MAL-W Team Updates:
IND-W Team Updates
- India won their opening clash against Sri Lanka Women by 41 runs and top the group table with two points.
- The in-form batter Jemimah Rodriguez smashed 76 runs off 53 balls and Harmanpreet Kaur scored 33 to help India score 150 runs in 20 overs.
- Then batting all-rounder Dayalan Hemalatha bowled her career-best spell of three for 15 to bowl out Sri Lanka on just 109 runs to guide India to a big 41-run win. Deepti Sharma and Pooja Vastrakar also shined for India with two wickets each.
- Smriti Mandhana and Shafali Verma will probably open the inning.
- Jemimah Rodrigues will bat at the one-down position.
- Harmanpreet Kaur and Dayalan Hemalatha will handle the middle-order batting.
- Harmanpreet Kaur will lead the India Women as a Captain. She is also a good Batsman
- Richa Ghosh will do the Wicket Keeping for India Women.
- Deepti Sharma and Radha Yadav will take care of the spin bowling of her team.
- Renuka Singh will lead the pace attack of her team.
MAL-W Team Updates
- Malaysia Women, playing for only the second time in tournament history, lost their opening clash against Pakistan.
- Elsa Hunder scored unbeaten 29 runs but Malaysias batting lineup managed to score only 57/9 in 20 overs. Pakistan easily reached the target to record a big nine-wicket win with 11 balls remaining.
- Winifred Duraisingam and Wan Julia will probably open the inning.
- Mas Elysa will bat at the one-down position.
- Elsa Hunter and Mahirah Ismail will handle the middle-order batting.
- Mahirah Ismail is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Winifred Duraisingam will lead the Malaysia Women as a Captain. She is also a good Alrounder
- Wan Julia will do the Wicket Keeping for Malaysia Women.
- Sasha Azmi and Nur Dania Syuhada will lead the pace attack of her team.
Number three batter Jemimah Rodrigues was the key player with the bat for India Women in their opening game victory. She hit 76 runs from 53 balls in an innings which included 11 fours and one six. Skipper Harmanpreet Kaur, who recently scored a century in England in a WODI, hit a useful 33 runs from 30 balls.
Off-spinner Deepti Sharma was the pick of India Women’s bowlers against Sri Lanka Women. She opened the bowling and finished with figures of 2-15 from her four overs. All-rounder, Dayalan Hemalatha, ended the match with 3-15 from 2.2 overs.
After losing the WT20I series to England in September, India Women will have been pleased to have got off to a winning start against Sri Lanka Women who can be tough opponents.
Number four batter Elsa Hunter top scored for Malaysia Women in Match 3. Although it took her 51 balls to end on 29 not out, only keeper-batter Wan Julia was also able to make a double-figure score. Hunter hit three fours in her innings.
Opening bowler, right arm medium fast Sash Azmi and 22 year old spinner Mahirah Izzati Ismail were the best performers with the ball in hand against Pakistan Women. Azmi’s four overs cost only 18 runs with Ismail ending with figures of 1-8 from her two overs.
The defeat against Pakistan Women ended a three game winning streak for Malaysia Women in this format.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Smriti Mandhana, Shafali Verma, Jemimah Rodrigues, Harmanpreet Kaur(C), Dayalan Hemalatha, Deepti Sharma, Sneh Rana, Richa Ghosh(WK), Pooja Vastrakar, Radha Yadav, Renuka Singh, Sabbhineni Meghana, Taniya Bhatia(WK), K P Navgire, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Simran Dil Bahadur, Meghna Singh.
Winifred Duraisingam(C), Wan Julia(WK), Mas Elysa, Elsa Hunter, Mahirah Ismail, Ainna Hamizah, Intan Jamahidaya, Arianna Natsya, Nur Dania Syuhada, Aisya Eleesa Firdauz, Sasha Azmi, Nurilyaa Natasya Asri, Dhanusri Muhunan, Noor Zakaria, Aina Najwa(WK).