India vs Sri Lanka Women
Asia Cup T20 Final Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 15 Oct, 01:00 PM (IST)
Series: Women’s Asia Cup T20 Final Match
Venue: Sylhet International Cricket Stadium – Silhat
IND-W vs SL-W Dream11 Prediction:
- Shafali Verma has made a score of over 40 in three of her last four innings in the tournament. We are backing her to be India Women’s highest run scorer in this match. With the ball, Deepti Sharma took 3-7 from her four overs in the semi-final and she is a strong choice for India Women’s top wicket taker against Sri Lanka Women.
- Harshitha Madavi top scored for Sri Lanka Women in their semi-final victory and is our pick for their highest run scorer against India Women. Inoka Ranaweera took 2-17 and bowled a maiden on Thursday and is our tip for Sri Lanka Women’s top wicket taker in this game.
- With 215 runs across the competition, we recommend backing Smriti Mandhana to score over 21.5 runs in this clash.
IND-W vs SL-W Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Star Sports and PTV Sports.
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Sunny from start to finish during this final in Sylhet. Expect the temperature to be in the low 30s throughout the game.
The surface in Sylhet has been very responsive to spin throughout the tournament. We expect a score of 135 to be par on this wicket.
Sri Lanka Women won the toss and chose to bat first in the semi-final. Irrespective of who wins the toss ahead of this game, we expect India Women to field first.
IND-W vs SL-W TEAM NEWS:
IND-W Team News:
There were three changes for India Women ahead of their semi-final against Thailand Women with skipper Harmanpreet Kaur, Renuka Singh and Radha Yadav returning to the side. S Megana, Meghna Singh and Kiran Navgire missed out and are likely to be left out for the final also.
SL-W Team News:
In spite of losing their final group stage game to Pakistan Women on Tuesday, Sri Lanka Women kept the same XI for the semi-final against the same opposition on Thursday. They have an excellent team spirit and we expect them to be unchanged again for the final.
IND-W vs SL-W Pre-Toss LineUps:
IND-W vs SL-W Team Updates:
IND-W Team Updates
- India beat Thailand Women in the first semi-final clash to reach the finals after topping the group stage table with 10 points from six matches.
- India scored 148/6 while batting first with Shafali Verma scoring the highest 42 runs off 28 balls and Harmanpreet scoring 36 runs off 30 balls.
- Then an in-from spin all-rounder Deepti Sharma took three wickets while conceding only seven runs to restrict Thailand on just 74/9 in 20 overs.
- Smriti Mandhana and Shafali Verma will probably open the inning.
- Jemimah Rodrigues will bat at the one-down position.
- Harmanpreet Kaur and Richa Ghosh will handle the middle-order batting.
- Harmanpreet Kaur will lead the India Women as a Captain. She is also a good Batsman
- Richa Ghosh will do the Wicket Keeping for India Women.
- Deepti Sharma and Rajeshwari Gayakwad will take care of the spin bowling of her team.
- Deepti Sharma is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Renuka Singh will lead the pace attack of her team.
SL-W Team Updates
- Sri Lanka Women beat Pakistan in the second semi-final clash in a last-ball thriller to reach the final of the tournament for the fifth time.
- Sri Lanka batters struggled for big shots and were restricted to just 122/6 while batting first.
- The in-from batter Harshitha Madavi scored the highest 35 runs off 41 balls and wicketkeeper batter Anushka Sanjeewani smashed 26 runs off 21 balls. Inoka Ranweera took two wickets for 17 to restrict Pakistan on 121/6.
- Harshitha Madavi and Chamari Atapattu will probably open the inning.
- Hasini Perera will bat at the one-down position.
- Nilakshi de Silva and Malsha Shehani will handle the middle-order batting.
- Chamari Atapattu will lead the Sri Lanka Women as a Captain. She is also a good Alrounder
- Anushka Sanjeewani will do the Wicket Keeping for Sri Lanka Women.
- Kavisha Dilhari and Oshadi Ranasinghe will take care of the spin bowling of her team.
- Inoka Ranaweera and Sugandika Kumari will lead the pace attack of her team.
It has been a fantastic 2022 Women’s Asia Cup and the surface in Sylhet has provided plenty of wickets. It has been hard work for the batters and we expect another low-scoring contest in the final. Overall, we are predicting a victory for India Women.
India Women are favorites to beat Sri Lanka Women
IND Key Players:
the 18 year old right-handed opener took the Player of the Match Award in the semi-final after hitting five fours and one six in her 28-ball 42.
batting at number three, no player has scored more runs for any side in the tournament. She is the only player to have scored two half-centuries at the Women’s Asia Cup 2022.
the off-spinner is the leading wicket taker in the competition. She has taken 13 wickets at an average of 7.15 and a strike-rate of 12.0.
SL Key Players:
only Jemimah Rodrigues has scored more runs than Madavi in this tournament. She has hit 22 fours from seven innings.
the skipper has not been in the best of form over recent months but hit 51 runs across the two games against Pakistan Women. A big score from her at the top of the order would make a difference.
experienced 36 year old left-arm spinner has taken 12 wickets across this campaign with a strike-rate of 11.5.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Smriti Mandhana, Shafali Verma, Jemimah Rodrigues, Harmanpreet Kaur(C), Richa Ghosh(WK), Pooja Vastrakar, Deepti Sharma, Sneh Rana, Radha Yadav, Renuka Singh, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Sabbhineni Meghana, Taniya Bhatia(WK), K P Navgire, Dayalan Hemalatha, Meghna Singh, Simran Dil Bahadur.
Sri Lanka Women:
Harshitha Madavi, Chamari Atapattu(C), Hasini Perera, Nilakshi de Silva, Malsha Shehani, Kavisha Dilhari, Anushka Sanjeewani(WK), Oshadi Ranasinghe, Sugandika Kumari, Inoka Ranaweera, Achini Kulasuriya, Rashmi de Silva, Kaushani Nuthyangana(WK), Madushika Meththananda, Tharika Sewwandi.