India vs West Indies Women
ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 15 Feb, 06:30 PM (IST)
Series: ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Match-9
Venue: Newlands – Cape town, South Africa
IND-W vs WI-W Dream11 Prediction:
- Jemimah Rodrigues hit 53 not out from 38 balls in Match 4 and the top order batter is well worth backing as India Women’s highest run scorer against West Indies Women. Left-arm spinner Radha Yadav took 2-21 and she is a strong choice for India Women’s top wicket taker on Wednesday.
- Hayley Matthews hit 42 runs from 32 balls against England Women in Match 2 and the skipper is our tip for West Indies Women’s highest run scorer against India Women. Chinelle Henry took 2-30 against England Women and the quick bowler is our pick for West Indies Women’s top wicket taker in this game.
- Even though her team often loses, Hayley Matthews is a very consistent performer at this level. She is well worth backing to hit over 29.5 runs in this clash
IND-W vs WI-W Live Streaming:
TV Channels: This match will be shown live on Star Sports, SuperSport, Sky Sport Cricket, Gazi TV, PTV Sports, Fox Sports and ESPN+.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, SuperSport App and Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
It will be partly cloudy with the humidity level above 65% throughout this game. The temperature will be in the low 20s although there is no danger of rain interrupting the match.
Spinners were the most successful bowlers on both sides at this venue on Sunday and we expect plenty of turn again with a par score of around 165.
West Indies Women won the toss and chose to bat first against England Women with India Women winning fielding first. We predict that West Indies Women will bat first irrespective of who wins the toss.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
L, W, N, W, W
L, L, L, L, L
IND-W vs WI-W TEAM NEWS:
IND-W Team News:
Opener Smriti Mandhana missed the opening game win over Pakistan Women with an injury to her finger. She has had an x-ray which showed no break but we expect India Women to not risk her unless she is fully recovered ahead of this clash.
WI-W Team News:
There was a return to the West Indies Women XI for the experienced former skipper Stafanie Taylor at the top of the order against England Women. West Indies Women do not have huge strength in depth and we expect to see the same XI in this match.
IND-W vs WI-W Pre-Toss LineUps:
IND-W vs WI-W Team Updates:
IND-W Team Updates –
- Shafali Verma and Yastika Bhatia will probably open the inning.
- Jemimah Rodrigues will bat at the one-down position. She is the backbone of the batting team.
- Harmanpreet Kaur and Richa Ghosh will handle the middle-order batting.
- Richa Ghosh is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Harmanpreet Kaur will lead the India Women as a Captain. She is also a good Batsman
- Yastika Bhatia will do the Wicket Keeping for India Women.
- Radha Yadav and Deepti Sharma will take care of the spin bowling of her team.
- Renuka Singh will lead the pace attack of her team
WI-W Team Updates –
- Hayley Matthews and Stafanie Taylor will probably open the inning.
- Shemaine Campbelle will bat at the one-down position. She is the backbone of the batting team.
- Shabika Gajnabi and Chinelle Henry will handle the middle-order batting.
- Chinelle Henry is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Hayley Matthews will lead the West Indies Women as a Captain. She is also a good Alrounder
- Rashada Williams will do the Wicket Keeping for West Indies Women.
- Hayley Matthews and Afy Fletcher will take care of the spin bowling of her team.
- Shakera Selman and Shabika Gajnabi will lead the pace attack of her team
If West Indies Women’s top order batters can get off to another strong start and build on it in this match then it will give their side a chance of causing an upset. However, India Women have power across their batting line-up and plenty of variety in their bowling unit. Our prediction is for India Women to win this match comfortable.
India Women are favorites to beat West Indies Women
IND-W Key Players:
Jemimah Rodrigues –
the 22 year old has now hit 10 half-centuries in WT20Is and 13 international half-centuries in total. She will be targeting her first international hundred in this match.
Harmanpreet Kaur –
the skipper is a brilliant player and can win a game with both bat and ball. She hit 56 not out and 32 not out in the last two matches against West Indies Women.
Radha Yadav –
the 22 year old spinner has been in excellent form since arriving in South Africa last month. Ahead of this match, she is yet to go wicketless in the country.
WI-W Key Players:
Hayley Matthews –
the captain will have been disappointed to be dismissed eight runs from her eighth score of 50+ in WT20Is on Saturday.
Stafanie Taylor –
the 31 year old all-rounder brings an average of 43.99 in WODIs and 35.50 in WT20Is. She has just returned from a back injury but is a big addition to West Indies Women’s batting line-up.
Chinelle Henry –
the 27 year old pace bowler dismissed Sophia Dunkley and Danni Wyatt, both of England Women’s openers in the last match.
IND-W vs WI-W Team Forms:
IND-W Team Form:
India Women have won two of their last three WT20Is and were dominant against West Indies Women during the Tri-Nation Series.
WI-W Team Form:
It is now 14 games since West Indies Women last won a game in this format.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
IND-W vs WI-W SQUAD:
India Women (IND-W):
Shafali Verma, Yastika Bhatia, Jemimah Rodrigues, Harleen Deol, Harmanpreet Kaur (c), Richa Ghosh (wk), Deepti Sharma, Pooja Vastrakar, Radha Yadav, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Renuka Thakur Singh, Smriti Mandhana, Shikha Pandey, Devika Vaidya, Anjali Sarvani.
West Indies Women (WI-W):
Hayley Matthews (c), Rashada Williams (wk), Shemaine Campbelle, Stafanie Taylor, Shabika Gajnabi, Chinelle Henry, Chedean Nation, Zaida James, Afy Fletcher, Shamilia Connell, Shakera Selman, Aaliyah Alleyne, Karishma Ramharack, Trishan Holder, Djenaba Joseph