IRE vs NZ Dream11 Prediction for 2nd T20 Match 2022
Match: IRE vs NZ T20i Match Prediction
Time: 20 Jul, 08:30 PM (IST)
Series: 2nd T20 Match
Venue: Civil Service Cricket Club – Belfast
IRE vs NZ Info:
- Paul Stirling hit a four and a six as he top scored out of Ireland’s top four in the opening IT20. The opener has the ability to scare the opposition bowlers and he is well worth backing as Irelan’s highest run scorer. Josh Little took 4-35 in the first IT20 and we expect the left-arm pace bowler to be Ireland’s top wicket taker against New Zealand.
- Martin Guptill got his side off to a flying start with 24 runs from 12 balls on Monday. We are backing the opener to be New Zealand’s highest run scorer in this IT20. Jimmy Neesham took 2-19 in the first IT20 and he is our pick for New Zealand’s top wicket taker in this game.
- We predict that Martin Guptill will go bigger in this match. He is our prediction for the player to hit the most sixes.
IRE vs NZ Live Streaming:
TV channels: This match will be shown live on BT Sports in the UK and on Spark Sports in New Zealand.
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on Fancode in India.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Although conditions will be cooler than in the opening game of the series, this game will be very humid throughout.
Pace bowlers were the most successful on this wicket in the first IT20. It is a good batting surface though and whoever bats first will want to post a total of at least 190.
Ireland won the toss and chose to field first on Monday. With humidity levels due to increase as this IT20 goes on, we predict that both captains will choose to field first in this game.
L, L, L, L, W
❌❌ ❌ ❌ ✅
W, L, L, L, L
✅❌ ❌ ❌ ❌
IRE vs NZ Team News:
IRE Team News:
The hosts were very impressive with the ball in the opening game of the series and if it had not been for Glenn Phillips strong innings, they may well have been going into this game 1-0 up. We expect to see Ireland put out an unchanged XI for this game.
NZ Team News:
The Black Caps gave IT20 debuts to wicket-keeper Dane Cleaver and all-rounder Michael Bracewell in the opening game of the series. Lockie Ferguson tends to be rested quite often and with the T20 World Cup under three months away, we expect him to not play in this fixture.
Andy Balbirnie (c)
Lorcan Tucker (wk)
Dane Cleaver (wk)
Mitchell Santner (c)
Small League Team: Pre-Toss
Who will win today’s match: IRE vs NZ T20 Match Fantasy Team
Ireland certainly have a very talented group of players, however, they never seem to be able to put a performance together where four or five of their top players are at their best. Again, we expect them to be competitive in this fixture but we are backing New Zealand to get the win.
New Zealand are favourites to beat Ireland
IRE Key Players:
The opener did not make a huge score in the opening game of the series but showed plenty of intent as he tried to hit most balls for six. He scored a century in the recent ODI series.
The 23 year old all-rounder produced an encouraging display in the first game. He dismissed the dangerous Daryl Mitchell and then top scored with 29 runs from 21 balls.
The bowler continues to boost his international reputation. He dismissed Finn Allen, Dane Cleaver, Michael Bracewell and Mitchell Santner in the first IT20.
NZ Key Players:
We saw a strike rate up at 200 for the 12 balls the experienced right handed opener spent at the crease on Monday. He hit five fours in his innings.
The powerful middle-order batter hit seven fours and one six as he top scored with 69 not out from 52 balls in the opening IT20.
The all-rounder is always a threat to the opposition and impressed with a typically attacking display with the bat on Monday. He then dismissed Mark Adair and Barry McCarthy.
IRE vs NZ Team Form:
IRE Team Form:
- Ireland have now lost four successive games in this format. They have been beaten by New Zealand, India and UAE in this run.
NZ Team Form:
- On Monday, the Black Caps got their first victory in IT20 cricket since beating England in the semi-final of the T20 World Cup back in November 2021. The win ended a run of four successive IT20 defeats.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Andrew Balbirnie (c), Mark Adair, Curtis Campher, Gareth Delany, George Dockrell, Stephen Doheny, Graham Hume, Joshua Little, Andy McBrine, Simi Singh, Paul Stirling, Harry Tector, Lorcan Tucker, Craig Young.
Tom Latham, Finn Allen, Michael Bracewell, Dane Cleaver, Jacob Duffy, Lockie Ferguson, Martin Guptill, Matt Henry, Adam Milne, Henry Nicholls, Glenn Phillips, Mitchell Santner, Ish Sodhi, Blair Tickner, Will Young.