IRE vs SA Dream11 Prediction for 1st T20i Match
Match: IRE vs SA T20i Match Prediction
Time: 03 Aug, 11:00 PM (IST)
Series: 1st T20i Match
Venue: County Ground Bristol – Ashley Down, England
IRE vs SA Info:
- At the top of the order, Paul Stirling never backs down against even the most talented bowlers. We expect him to go on the attack from the first ball and to be Ireland’s highest run scorer in this match. With the ball, Josh Little continues to impress against all opposition. He took eight wickets in the series against New Zealand and is our pick for Ireland’s top wicket-taker against South Africa.
- Reeza Hendricks had a fantastic IT20 series against England and we are backing the opener to be South Africa’s highest run scorer in this match. Lungi Ngidi has good memories of this pitch from last month and the pace bowler is our tip for South Africa’s top wicket-taker against Ireland.
- After scoring half-centuries in all three games against England, Reeza Hendricks is in exceptional form. The opener to score over 20.5 is a strong bet for this match.
IRE vs SA Live Streaming:
TV channels: This match will be shown live on BT Sports in the UK and on Super Sports in South Africa.
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on Fancode in India.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Mostly sunny with the temperature falling slightly from the mid-low twenties in the early stages. It will get cloudier as the game progresses but there are no worries about rain.
As we saw in the England v South Africa IT20 game at this venue last month, the boundaries are very short on certain sides of the ground. Pace bowlers will get good carry and bounce from this wicket.
With both teams likely to post big totals on this pitch, we predict that the skippers will want to bat first and create scoreboard pressure in this game.
L, L, L, L, L
❌❌ ❌ ❌❌
W, L, W, L, L
✅ ❌✅ ❌❌
IRE vs SA Team News:
IRE Team News:
The hosts have kept faith with the same group of players in IT20 cricket over the course of this summer and look set to do the same in all the games in the lead up to the T20 World Cup which begins in Australia in mid-October. There are no players carrying any injuries in the Ireland squad at the moment.
SA Team News:
David Miller’s side had two changes ahead of their win in the third and final IT20 against England in Southampton on Sunday. Out went Kagiso Rabada, who has an injury to his medial ankle ligaments, and Heinrich Klaasen with Anrich Nortje and Aiden Markram coming in. After recording a 90 run win, we do not anticipate any changes to the XI.
IRE vs SA Pre-Toss LineUps:
Small League Team: Pre-Toss
Who will win today’s match: IRE vs SA T20i Match Fantasy Team
Ireland were very competitive against New Zealand during the ODI series earlier this summer but struggled to impose themselves during the IT20 series. They will need to raise their game to be competitive but certainly have the players to do so. We expect a high scoring game and are backing South Africa to win.
South Africa are favourites to beat Ireland
IRE Key Players:
The right handed opener top scored in the last IT20 against New Zealand. He has scored 104 sixes from 106 innings and will enjoy the short boundaries in Bristol.
The 22 year old top middle order batter has been in excellent white ball batting form this summer. He scored two ODI centuries and an unbeaten domestic T20 half-century last month.
The 22 year old fast-medium bowler was the standout bowler on both sides in the series against New Zealand. He will concede runs on this small pitch but very rarely goes wicketless in any format.
SA Key Players:
The opener scored 180 runs in the series against England and finished as the leading run scorer on both sides. He hit 57 runs from 33 balls in Bristol on July 27.
The top order batter has had a fine return to international cricket. Although he scored only four runs in Bristol, he followed up with 96 not-out and 31. He has a fantastic T20 record in England.
The pace bowler emerged from England’s total of 234-6 at this ground last month with figures of 5-39. His variations will be crucial non this pitch.
IRE vs SA Team Info:
IRE Team Updates:
- Ireland would be looking to start things off on a positive note.
- Andy Balbirnie and Paul Stirling will probably open the inning.
- Gareth Delany will bat at the one-down position.
- Harry Tector and Curtis Campher will handle the middle-order batting.
- Harry Tector is in fine form with the bat, Ireland may slot him higher up the order.
- Andy Balbirnie will lead the Ireland as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Lorcan Tucker will do the Wicket Keeping for Ireland.
- George Dockrell and Gareth Delany will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Joshua Little and Barry McCarthy will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Ireland is expected to continue with the pace trio of Adair, McCarthy, and Little.
SA Team Updates:
- South Africa are coming into this series after the confidence of defeating England at home in the T20I series.
- So South Africa is expected to field the same eleven that helped them to defeat England in the 3rd T20I a few days before.
- Reeza Hendricks and Quinton de Kock will probably open the inning.
- Rilee Rossouw will bat at the one-down position.
- Aiden Markram and David Miller will handle the middle-order batting.
- David Miller will lead the South Africa as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Quinton de Kock will do the Wicket Keeping for South Africa.
- Tabraiz Shamsi and Keshav Maharaj will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Tabraiz Shamsi was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Anrich Nortje and Lungi Ngidi will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Lungi Ngidi was the leading wicket-taker in the recently concluded T20I series between South Africa and England.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Paul Stirling, Andrew Balbirnie(c), Harry Tector, Lorcan Tucker(w), Gareth Delany, Curtis Campher, George Dockrell, Mark Adair, Andy McBrine, Joshua Little, Barry McCarthy, Stephen Doheny, Fionn Hand, Graham Hume.
Quinton de Kock(w), Reeza Hendricks, Rassie van der Dussen, Rilee Rossouw, David Miller(c), Aiden Markram, Heinrich Klaasen, Tristan Stubbs, Wayne Parnell, Dwaine Pretorius, Andile Phehlukwayo, Keshav Maharaj, Lungi Ngidi, Tabraiz Shamsi, Anrich Nortje, Gerald Coetzee.