Ireland vs England Women
ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 13 Feb, 06:30 PM (IST)
Series: ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Match-6
Venue: Boland Park – Paarl, South Africa
IRE-W vs ENG-W Dream11 Prediction:
- Gaby Lewis has scored nine half-centuries and one hundred in WT20Is and the opener is well worth backing as Ireland Women’s highest run scorer against England Women. With the ball, Arelene Kelly took five wickets across three games in Pakistan last year and she is a strong choice for Ireland Women’s top wicket taker in this game.
- Sophia Dunkley scores her runs quickly at the top of the order and has a top score of 61 not in this format. She is our tip for England Women’s highest run scorer against Ireland Women. Sophie Ecclestone took another three wickets on Saturday and the spinner is our pick for England Women’s top wicket taker on Monday.
- As England Women’s most consistent bowler, we recommend backing Sophie Ecclestone to take over 1.5 wickets in this match
IRE-W vs ENG-W Live Streaming:
TV Channels: This match will be shown live on Star Sports, SuperSport, Sky Sport Cricket, Gazi TV, PTV Sports, Fox Sports and ESPN+.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, SuperSport App and Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The forecast is for another sunny and very hot day in Paarl on Monday afternoon. The temperature will be above 30 degrees for the majority of this game.
Spinners had the most joy in the opening games at Boland Park on Saturday and we expect them to get plenty of turn again in this match. A par score will be over 170.
We saw a team win batting first and a team win batting second in Paarl on Saturday but we predict that both sides will prefer to field first in this clash.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
W, L, W, L, W
W, W, W, W, W
IRE-W vs ENG-W TEAM NEWS:
IRE-W Team News:
We expect the bulk of Ireland Women’s team to be very similar to the side who went to Pakistan and won the three-match WT20I series 2-1 in November. Although the conditions are very different in South Africa, Laura Delany will lead out a team with only one or two changes from their last game.
ENG-W Team News:
After a convincing seven wicket win with 33 balls remaining over West Indies Women on Saturday, we expect to see England Women line-up with the same players in this game. They have a clear idea of their best XI and there are no injury worries forcing changes.
IRE-W vs ENG-W Pre-Toss LineUps:
IRE-W vs ENG-W Team Updates:
IRE-W Team Updates –
- Amy Hunter and Gaby Lewis will probably open the inning.
- Orla Prendergast will bat at the one-down position.
- Orla Prendergast was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Laura Delany and Eimear Richardson will handle the middle-order batting.
- Laura Delany will lead the Ireland Women as a Captain. She is also a good Alrounder
- Mary Waldron will do the Wicket Keeping for Ireland Women.
- Arlene Kelly and Jane Maguire will lead the pace attack of her team.
ENG-W Team Updates –
- Sophia Dunkley and Danielle Wyatt will probably open the inning.
- Alice Capsey will bat at the one-down position.
- Natalie Sciver and Heather Knight will handle the middle-order batting.
- Heather Knight will lead the England Women as a Captain. She is also a good Batsman
- Amy Jones will do the Wicket Keeping for England Women.
- Sophie Ecclestone and Heather Knight will take care of the spin bowling of her team.
- Sophie Ecclestone is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Lauren Bell and Charlie Dean will lead the pace attack of her team.
We expect this fixture to bring the best our of Ireland Women’s players and it would be no surprise if they cause England Women a moment or two of trouble. However, England Women have vastly experienced batters who can play in any conditions and their bowling attack has excellent variety. We expect an entertaining game but are predicting a comfortable win for England Women.
England Women are favorites to beat Ireland Women
IRE-W Key Players:
Gaby Lewis –
the 21 year old all-rounder is expected to dominate Irish Women’s cricket for the next decade and beyond. She has a top score of 105 not out in WT20Is.
Laura Delany –
the skipper is effective with both bat and ball in this format and her leadership was a key part of Ireland Women’s success in Pakistan last year.
Arlene Kelly –
the experienced medium pace bowler had an excellent tour of Pakistan last November and has been picking up regular wickets for Auckland Aces in the Women’s Super Smash over recent months.
ENG-W Key Players:
Sophia Dunkley –
the batting all-rounder opens the batting in WT20Is and hit a rapid 34 runs from 18 balls in the opening against West Indies Women.
Heather Knight –
the skipper is a brilliant all-format player and capable of anchoring an innings or going on the attack if required. She began the tournament with 32 not out from 22 balls.
Sophie Ecclestone –
the left-arm spinner is a regular wicket taker for England Women. She dismissed the dangerous Hayley Matthews as well as Afy Fletcher and Zaida James on Saturday.
IRE-W vs ENG-W Team Forms:
IRE-W Team Form:
Ireland Women have won three of their last five WT20Is and also beat Australia Women in a warm-up game last week.
ENG-W Team Form:
England Women have won their last seven WT20Is, a run which stretches back to September.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
IRE-W vs ENG-W SQUAD:
Ireland Women (IRE-W):
Amy Hunter(WK), Gaby Lewis, Orla Prendergast, Laura Delany(C), Eimear Richardson, Louise Little, Mary Waldron(WK), Leah Paul, Arlene Kelly, Cara Murray, Jane Maguire, Sophie MacMahon, Shauna Kavanagh, Georgina Dempsey, Rachel Delaney.
England Women (ENG-W):
Sophia Dunkley, Danielle Wyatt, Alice Capsey, Natalie Sciver, Heather Knight(C), Amy Jones(WK), Katherine Brunt, Sophie Ecclestone, Charlie Dean, Sarah Glenn, Lauren Bell, Kate Cross, Freya Davies, Lauren Winfield(WK), Maia Bouchier, Danielle Gibson, Issy Wong