Jamaica Tallawahs vs St Kitts and Nevis Patriots
CPL T20i Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 14 Sep, 07:30 PM (IST)
Series: CPL T20i Match 17
Venue: Queens Park Oval – Port of Spain
JAM vs SKN Dream11 Prediction:
- Captain Rovman Powell has scored successive half-centuries in the competition and he is well worth backing as Jamaica Tallawahs’ highest run scorer against St Kitts & Nevis Patriots. Mohammad Amir has 10 wickets from five fixtures and the left-arm quick bowler is a strong choice for the Tallawahs’ top wicket taker in this match.
- Only three players have scored more runs than Andre Fletcher in the tournament and the Patriots’ opener is our tip for their highest run scorer in this game. With the ball, Rashid Khan took 1-12 from four overs against Saint Lucia Kings and he is our pick for the Patriots’ top wicket taker against Jamaica Tallawahs.
- We recommend backing Rovman Powell to hit the most sixes in this clash. He has hit 15, the most of any player, in the 2022 CPL.
JAM vs SKN Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on BT Sports, Willow TV and Fox Sports.
Fans can stream the match on FanCode.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Hot, cloudy and humid from the first ball in Trinidad on Wednesday. There could be a quick thunderstorm halfway through the game but we should still be able to see a full match.
The ball should come onto the bat nicely at the Queen’s Park Oval. We expect a par score to be over 170 in this match with plenty of boundaries.
Jamaica Tallawahs have won the toss only once and chose to field first in that game. Both sides will want to bowl first then chase a total in this clash.
Team Form in Last Five Matches:
L, W, L, W, W
L, W, N, N, L
JAM vs SKN TEAM NEWS:
JAM Team News:
After beating Trinbago Knight Riders by 34 runs, Jamaica Tallawahs were unchanged ahead of their eight wicket defeat to top of the table Barbados Royals. However, the Royals won with only one ball remaining and will take confidence from the performance.
TKR Team News:
Rashid Khan came in for his first appearance of the 2022 CPL on Sunday and replaced captain Dwayne Bravo who was unavailable. Evin Lewis took over the captaincy but we expect Bravo to come back for this game and to lead the Patriots again.
JAM vs SKN Pre-Toss LineUps:
Small League Team: Pre-Toss
JAM vs SKN Team Updates
Jamaica Tallawahs (JAM)
- Kennar Lewis and Brandon King will probably open the inning.
- Amir Jangoo will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Rovman Powell and Raymon Reifer will handle the middle-order batting.
- Rovman Powell was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Rovman Powell will lead the Jamaica Tallawahs as a Captain. He was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Amir Jangoo will do the Wicket Keeping for Jamaica Tallawahs.
- Imad Wasim and Chris Green will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Mohammad Amir and Migael Pretorius will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Mohammad Amir is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
St Kitts and Nevis Patriots (SKN)
- Evin Lewis and Andre Fletcher will probably open the inning.
- Andre Fletcher is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Darren-Bravo will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Dewald Brevis and Sherfane Rutherford will handle the middle-order batting.
- Andre Fletcher will do the Wicket-Keeping for SK. He is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Akila Dananjaya and Jaden Carmichael will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Duan Jansen and Sheldon Cottrell will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Duan Jansen was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
There are only two points between the sides in the 2022 CPL table ahead of this game and we expect this to be a very tight contest at the Queen’s Park Oval. A lot will depend on how well Rashid Khan bowls and how well the Tallawahs’ batters play him. Overall we are predicting a victory for Jamaica Tallawahs.
Jamaica Tallawahs are favourites to beat St Kitts and Nevis Patriots at the odds.
JAM Key Players:
Only Johnson Charles and Kyle Mayers have scored more than Powell’s 200 runs in the competition. He is averaging 66.66 from five games.
The opener made a three ball duck against Barbados Royals on Sunday but he hit 89 runs in the meeting between the sides earlier in the tournament.
The 30 year old left arm fast bowler has taken at least one wicket in every game in this campaign. He dismissed Corbin Bosch who had scored a half-century in the last match.
SKN Key Players:
The 34 year old right handed opener made a four ball duck in the last match. However, he has hit 17 fours across the competition so far.
The skipper missed the heavy defeat against Saint Lucia Kings through illness but will be welcomed back for this match. He has four wickets in the CPL 2022.
The Afghanistan leg-spinner has arrived in the Caribbean immediately after the conclusion of the Asia Cup. He picked up the wicket of Matthew Forde on Sunday.
JAM vs SKN Team Forms:
JAM Team Form:
The Tallawahs won their first two games of the season and were on a par with Barbados Royals, but have now lost two of their last three matches.
SKN Team Form:
After two successive no-results, the Patriots got their first win of the competition at the fifth attempt in their last game.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Brandon King, Kennar Lewis, Amir Jangoo(w), Rovman Powell(c), Raymon Reifer, Fabian Allen, Imad Wasim, Chris Green, Migael Pretorius, Joshua James, Mohammad Amir, Sandeep Lamichhane, Shamar Springer, Shamarh Brooks, Kirk McKenzie, Jamie Merchant, Nicholson Gordon
St Kitts and Nevis Patriots:
Andre Fletcher(w), Evin Lewis(c), Dewald Brevis, Darren Bravo, Sherfane Rutherford, Dwaine Pretorius, Rashid Khan, Duan Jansen, Sheldon Cottrell, Akila Dananjaya, Jaden Carmichael, Dwayne Bravo, Wanindu Hasaranga, Keacy Carty, Jon-Russ Jaggesar, Jeremiah Louis, Dominic Drakes, Qasim Akram, Joshua Da Silva, Izharulhaq Naveed, Kelvin Pitman.