Joburg Super Kings vs Sunrisers Eastern Cape
SA20 T20 Semi-Final Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 09 Feb, 09:00 PM (IST)
Series: SA20 T20 2nd Semi Final Match
Venue: SuperSport Park – Centurion, SA
JOH vs EAC Dream11 Prediction:
- Although he got a golden duck in the last game, we are backing Faf du Plessis to be Joburg Super Kings’ highest run scorer in this match. So far in the tournament he is averaging 46.12. Gerald Coetzee is the top wicket taker in the SA20 and the pace bowler is our tip for Joburg Super Kings’ top wicket taker against Sunrisers Eastern Cape.
- Temba Bavuma has hit a century and a half-century across his last four innings. The right-handed opener is our pick for Sunrisers Eastern Cape’s highest run scorer against Joburg Super Kings. Roelof van der Merwe has taken 14 wickets across the competition and we expect him to be Sunrisers’ top wicket taker in this game.
- With excellent form across this SA20, we recommend backing Faf du Plessis to hit over 31.5 runs in this semi-final.
JOH vs EAC Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on SuperSport Cricket, SS Grandstand, Sony Sports Network and Sky Cricket.
Fans can stream the match on Sony Liv and Sky Go.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Thunderstorms are forecast across Thursday evening at Centurion Park. It will be humid with a temperature around 21 degrees and we expect some rain interruptions.
Pace bowlers were the top wicket takers on this surface in the last game. There is excellent carry on this pitch and a par score will be over 195.
All of the group-stage games in Centurion saw the toss-winning captain choose to field first. We predict that both teams will want to bat second in this game.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
W, W, N, W, W
L, N, L, W, L
JOH vs EAC TEAM NEWS:
JOH Team News:
There was only one change for Joburg Super Kings ahead of their final group stage match against MI Cape Town. Nandre Burger was left out of the side with Lizaad Williams coming in and impressing with 1-11 from three overs of his medium fast bowling.
EAC Team News:
Ottniel Baartman was rested for the final group stage match against Joburg Super Kings and we expect him to come back into the team in place of Brydon Carse for this semi-final. According to reports, there are no injury worries for Sunrisers ahead of this game.
JOH vs EAC Pre-Toss LineUps:
JOH vs EAC Team Updates:
JOH Team Updates –
- Faf du Plessis and Reeza Hendricks will probably open the inning.
- Faf du Plessis is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Leus du Plooy will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Leus du Plooy was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Sibonelo Makhanya and Matthew Wade will handle the middle-order batting.
- Faf du Plessis will lead the JOH as a Captain. He is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Matthew Wade will do the Wicket Keeping for JOH.
- Gerald Coetzee and Maheesh Theekshana will lead the pace attack of his team.
EAC Team Updates –
- Adam Rossington and Temba Bavuma will probably open the inning.
- Jordan Hermann will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- JJ Smuts and Aiden Markram will handle the middle-order batting.
- Aiden Markram is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Aiden Markram will lead the Eastern Cape as a Captain. He was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Adam Rossington will do the Wicket Keeping for Eastern Cape.
- Roelof van der Merwe and Sisanda Magala will lead the pace attack of his team.
The winner of this game will progress to Saturday’s first ever SA20 final at the Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg. Sunrisers Eastern Cape will be looking to turn around their poor recent form but are up against a team who are themselves in excellent form. The bowling of Gerald Coetzee has been particularly impressive and we expect him to be too good again in this match. Our prediction is for Joburg Super Kings to win.
Joburg Super Kings are favorites to beat Sunrisers Eastern Cape
JOH Key Players:
Faf du Plessis –
Only Jos Buttler has scored more runs than the skipper in the SA20. He has hit one century and two half-centuries across the tournament.
Leus du Plooy –
The English middle-order batter took the Player of the Match Award with 81 not out from 48 balls in Monday’s match.
Gerald Coetzee –
The right-arm fast bowler took another three wickets in the last game. He dismissed Dewald Brevis, George Linde and Rashid Khan in the win over MI Cape Town.
EAC Key Players:
Temba Bavuma –
The South African white-ball skipper hit 50 runs from 34 balls in the last clash against the Super Kings and shared a 59 run partnership with Aiden Markram.
Marco Jansen –
The bowling all-rounder got the big wicket of Leus du Plooy in the last match. He is capable of winning this T20 game with both bat and ball.
Roelof van der Merwe –
The 38 year old left-arm spinner is behind only Gerald Coetzee and Anrich Nortje in the wicket takers list in the tournament.
JOH vs EAC Team Form:
JOH Team Form –
Joburg Super Kings have not lost any of their last five matches and have won four of those games.
EAC Team Form –
Sunrisers Eastern Cape had an excellent middle-part of the group stage but have won only one of their last five games.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
JOH vs EAC SQUAD:
Johannesburg Super Kings (JOH):
Faf du Plessis(C), Reeza Hendricks, Leus du Plooy, Sibonelo Makhanya, Matthew Wade(WK), Donavon Ferreira(WK), Kyle Simmonds, Romario Shepherd, Gerald Coetzee, Lizaad Williams, Maheesh Theekshana, Alzarri Joseph, Neil Brand, Caleb Seleka, Janneman Malan, Kyle Verreynne(WK), Aaron Phangiso, Lewis Gregory, George Garton, Malusi Siboto, Nandre Burger
Eastern Cape (EAC):
Adam Rossington(WK), Temba Bavuma, Jordan Hermann, JJ Smuts, Aiden Markram(C), Tristan Stubbs, Marco Jansen, James Fuller, Sisanda Magala, Roelof van der Merwe, Brydon Carse, Marques Ackerman, Mason Crane, Ayabulela Gqamane, Tom Abell, Jordan Cox(WK), Junaid Dawood, Sarel Erwee, Ottneil Baartman